June 24, 2011 - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! Queens of the stone age sunday night on the other stage, I know where i'm fucking going instead of beyonce!

Also, When Love Comes To Town???? :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I am pretty sure Morrissey into U2 will be the highlight of my life! Can pretty much park myself at the Pyramid on the Friday with Two Door Cinema Club, BB & Biffy on board as well. Soooo many clashes but overall looks likely to beat last year's line-up within an inch of its life, let's just hope for the same weather! :up:

omg there's some great bands this year! and my beloved Hothouse Flowers are doing the acoustic that night too! :heart:

and Asian Dub Foundation tooooo! dammit i wanna go!!

and John Hegley and Attila the Stockbroker! oh man!

Shit ! Probably going to miss Mumford & Sons becuase of U2 :angry: Damn you Glasto! Why did you have to put them on the same day..

Hoping for a BB collaboration here as well.
But the overall line up looks fantastic :heart:

I am pretty sure Morrissey into U2 will be the highlight of my life! Can pretty much park myself at the Pyramid on the Friday with Two Door Cinema Club, BB & Biffy on board as well. Soooo many clashes but overall looks likely to beat last year's line-up within an inch of its life, let's just hope for the same weather! :up:

I know that was a complete surprise, I am so pleased about that Friday line-up - BB King, Biffy, Morrissey, U2, fantastic. It was such a surprise cos I thought Elbow had already confirmed that they were in that slot, instead now they're on Saturday.

Looks like we're gonna have to get to the Pyramid Stage pretty damn early on Friday morning!!!

Yeah Morrissey is going to be amazing!! saw him play the same slot in 2004 but before Muse on the sunday and he was fantastic. I'm not a Biffy fan to be honest so I'm glad there'll be something to pick things up afterwards :wink:

And Queens Of The Stone Age headlining the Other Stage on Sunday night. fucking amazing.....ALMOST makes you forgive Glastonbury for booking beyonce(??) on the pyramid....

what I want to know is, who are going to be doing the not-so secret "special guest" sets on the park stage friday and saturday evening. I'm going to have to get someone back home to text me some updates from the internet because last year after Thom Yorke played there last year while i was on the totally opposite end of the site!!!! :angry: :lol:

Yeah that was a very special moment. It was only a fluke that me and my mate were there because I'd dragged him to see The Big Pink who were on before. There was no one else we desperately wanted to see, we were enjoying the chillled out atmosphere of The Park stage and decided to stick around. And then steadily more and more people began flooding over hehe. I think some of the floated guests that it could potentially be this year are Noel Gallagher (yeh would be pretty special), Pigeon Detectives (nah no thanks) or - because Josh Homme will be there with Queens and Dave Grohl will be in the country with Foos - Them Crooked Vultures, which would be absolutely brilliant!

What are we thinking though - will Bono join BB for WLCTT or will BB come on for U2? My money is on Bono showing during BB just cos BB's band are likely to be far more adept at playing the song without much rehearsal than U2 are I would imagine!

aah man Noel Gallagher would be incredible. fuck pigeon detectives. Them Crooked Vultures are fucking amazing too :drool: saw their 'secret' set at Reading in 2009 and was just blown away.

as for WLCTT, you're right that his band are probably a lot better at just snapping into it. But U2 may start rehearsing it while in the states in June before they go over to the UK. I'd put money on BB guesting with U2 though, rather than Bono coming out and singing before U2's actual set...that'd be tempting fate haha

Looks like we're gonna have to get to the Pyramid Stage pretty damn early on Friday morning!!!

What time are you thinking? Wouldn't around 9-10am be early enough?

Heard this story about the Springsteen Fans bringing their chairs and sitting in the front row all day up until Bruce came on. Sounds a bit extreme but we're thinking about doing the same actually, as I KNOW I won't be able to stand there for 12 hours or more. :hmm:

if that's true they did that then that is such a dickish thing to do :huh: never heard they'd done that.

i hear people complain all the time about fans getting rail in the morning for their favourite band who are headlining and just lazing about, really bored of all the other bands but chairs??

no offence or anything obviously!!! :huh: i don't blame anyone for wanting to sit down during a 12 hour stint standing at the front but did some people really just sit down all day??

yeah sure if you were to sit during all the bands all the time, it's not the nicest thing to do, but to bring a chair to sit down during breaks from time to time, I don't think that's such a bad thing.
I doubt that there'll be room to sit later towards the evening anyway.

haha yeah, its such a push at the front by early evening. sometimes unbearable if its really hot and stuff...at least on the rail you'd have something to hold on to. any chair will probably be squashed by the second band haha

but yeah, its weird i'm suddenly considering trying to wake up early and get to the front rail Friday morning.
there's only one or two bands i'd regret missing on the other stages that day :huh: never thought i'd try it, but i guess with this gig its not such a bad thing :drool:

exactly, I'm a bit scared of the pushing etc. so front row is our only option, as at least there you have some air and room and not a sweaty neck in your face all day. And no annoying flags either :wink:

haha yeah certainly is tempting...only thing putting me off trying is my friends tagging me in photos on facebook they've taken off the telly of me singing along drunkenly or tearing up when streets is played :lol:
maybe see you guys down there? :wave:

Best thing to do is bring something like a towel and lots of water to survive a long stand on the field. I've been doing festivals that last longer than Glasto, 4-5 days.
The problem is I'm going to be so effing tired from traveling the first day.
How the hell am I going to stay awake is my real question.

No way I'm going to build a tent, instant-fold-out tents for the me.

I'm probably gonna go down to the rail at around 9-10am, just to see what it looks like and whether people have started accumulating. I'll be going it alone though most likely cos my mates, although they want to see U2, won't be up for an early start! I think I'll just take a bit of food and a wine box and that should see me through the 12 hours!! I don't think you could get much luckier with that Pyramid line-up though, even if U2 weren't playing I'd be there for BB and Morrissey.

how you guys getting on?
desperately refreshing to try and get one for my sister who's transaction failed when she was paying off the balance of her ticket two weeks ago :huh::huh::huh:

:hyper: :hyper:

I've managed to get tickets from the April resale two years running now, and it was definitely less stressful than trying (and failing) in October. Phew, what a relief!

nice going guys! :hyper: managed to get through and put my sister's details in to get back her 'lost' ticket and didnt bother calling her for a while :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom