June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. You hate balloons? There will likely be close to 5000 balloons on the floor. You might, might grow to love them. Maybe? :lol:

anyways we've decided to do this at the opening of the show instead. Just make sit easier for everyone I suppose.

also for anybody who's interested in buying your balloons in bulk here's a great site
Bargain Balloons - 12 Inch Latex Mylar Balloons and Foil Balloons

I've orderd from this site. It's cheap, they come in packs of 100. Packs of 9" balloons are about $6 while packs of 12"(optimal size) range from $7.50-$8.50. They will delivery them within a week(I know I've done it twice). At the moment they are sold out of the red and white 9" & 12" but that's happend before. They will restock them fast cause red and white are the most popular colours and it's wedding season so keep an eye on this site if you're interested in bringing balloons.

I see they have #7 balloons on the 50% off page...how funny is that? 40" Megaloon Blue Number "7" Shape 5B122 Would have been hilarious to have all those balloons out for Edge during the Elevation tour.

Hallucination (sorry don't know your real name) if you need a hand with anything please don't be afraid to pm me. I live in Red Deer and I'm always out there at the beach. I was out there Saturday, Sunday and Monday when it was beautiful!!!!

I'm gonna try to be in line at 7 - 8 pm Tuesday. The whole line thing worries me.

Uh, so when are the balloons being released? The fb page still says during Streets but someone mentioned the beginning of the show? Where is there even info on this?

I think the plan's on hold right now until we find out for sure if the Edmonton date will be postponed - once we have definitive info on that then they can finalize balloon release :)

Uh, so when are the balloons being released? The fb page still says during Streets but someone mentioned the beginning of the show? Where is there even info on this?

It will be durring the opening of the show regradless of when the show takes place. There was too many concerns(none from me however) about the logistics of doing it durring Streets and whether we'd be able to get people to follow along and know what and when to do it so we've agreed to do it as the band takes the stage. Hopefully nobody blows their balloons up untill well after the opening band is done.

Oh and thanks Sonichka for the heads up on the FB page. I've changed it now ;-)

As for info on this you can follow the event on twitter
@RedmontonU2
http://twitter.com/RedmontonU2

There's the facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118969994793020

as well as this thread. I started a seperate thread for the event but it got merged with this one so..... you can also keep up to date on atu2 in the Edmonton Sea of Red and white thread as well as the Edmonton thread on u2.com

thanks hallucination. I think its better at the beginning of the show. I wasn't looking forward to messing around with a balloon during Streets. I plan on having my full energy/concentration/fanatic adulation for the band during Streets and blowing up a balloon would be a slight inconvenience. :p I'm DEFINITELY going to bring some balloons though, since its at the intro now! :D

Hey popmartians thanks for all the support. Please visit us at facebook. Hopefully we can get a massive turnout with balloons, red and white shirts to celebrate (red)monton. Dream out Loud amigos. Peace.

So it is the night before the postponed show and cripes people here in Edmonton are still not letting the party fade...there are plenty of U2 related funtimes to be had. Here is a list of a few of the events out there for you local edmonton Fans!

1. Be at O'Byrnes Pub tomorrow night for the "In Lieu of U2" partay:
~U2 songs and video all night
~a band to play while we Jamiokee to any U2 song
~prizes for dressing up like your favourite member of U2, all sorts of fun times.

2. Also for those of you who cannot make it there will be a live show from Commonwealth, Rick Lee from local radio station Sonic 102.9 with be there and from 9-10 pm (When U2 Would have taken the stage) they will play on the radio only U2 songs live from U2 360!
You can listen on line here:
Homepage - SONiC 102.9 - Edmonton's Modern Rock

Also from Twitter:
3. The first 500 people who show up with a cancelled u2 ticket at The Telus Space & Science centre June 23 (wed) at 5 Pm get free admission to U2 on the Dome. #yeg
More info on that show here:
U2 - The Full-Dome Experience - Telus World of Science

Have fun tomorrow night U2 fans, it'll be the real thing soon!:hyper:
hj

Have fun!

Had the show been going on I would've been on a flight to Edmonton right now, about 45 mins from touching down :sad: Instead I'm still here in TO, watching the repeat of the Greece/Argentina soccer game (I kept the two days off *g*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom