June 22nd, 2011 M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace of Cakes

It'd be awesome of the charm city cakes guys could get a gig making a 'Claw Cake' for U2 for this show. That'd make a great episode!

-michael (nashville, TN)

Hooray, public onsale is after payday. :up:
Maybe the pre-entry people can't get onto the field, they have to stay in their special tent-place. In that case, I'd be happy if those were the tickets I had--if they only let you in with the rest of the GA, you don't even get to take advantage of your expensive perks, you have to go right to the field.

The timings of that event info look a bit iffy to me.

It says that VIP field ticket holders get in 3.5 hours before the show. If the support band starts at 7pm then 3.5 hours before is 3:30pm. If the support band starts at 7:30pm then 3.5 hours before is 4pm. U2 often start their soundcheck after 4pm.

If they mean 3.5 hours before U2 start then, assuming U2 come onstage at 9pm, VIP field ticket holders will get in at 5:30pm. So perhaps everyone else will get in at 6pm, which seems late to be opening the GA gates.

Did / does no other concert have this text under the 'Event Info' tab?

I thought most of the venue presales didn't even sell GAs in their presales. I wonder if there's maybe some misinformation there, like they usually have that special treatment for other events, but maybe they aren't aware if there will be GA tickets available for the U2 show?

The timings of that event info look a bit iffy to me.

It says that VIP field ticket holders get in 3.5 hours before the show. If the support band starts at 7pm then 3.5 hours before is 3:30pm. If the support band starts at 7:30pm then 3.5 hours before is 4pm. U2 often start their soundcheck after 4pm.

If they mean 3.5 hours before U2 start then, assuming U2 come onstage at 9pm, VIP field ticket holders will get in at 5:30pm. So perhaps everyone else will get in at 6pm, which seems late to be opening the GA gates.

Did / does no other concert have this text under the 'Event Info' tab?

Cathal man, thinking of you... Are you SERIOUSLY going to go to Anaheim and then fly all the way to Baltimore? It's literally coast to coast... and almost South to North as well!

Nice sig, btw.... genius review! :D :applaud:

Cathal man, thinking of you... Are you SERIOUSLY going to go to Anaheim and then fly all the way to Baltimore? It's literally coast to coast... and almost South to North as well!

Im doing both cities, mainly because Anaheim was planned a year ago, and I have to fly home to Baltimore anyway :hyper:

I don't think I've seen a 360 show listing on TM with as many price range/seating area options before. Shame that the venue is going to be nickel and diming Granting and Benjamining would-be attendees for "premium" access.

I'm going to Anaheim and Baltimore too.

I think this absolute bullshit. I'm not buying my way to the front rail. Sorry.

I'm going to show up and get whatever spot in the pit I can get. If I don't have a good shot of getting front rail(pit or outer) by lining up early because some people can buy their way in, what's the point?

I'll line up early and what not. I look at doing that is getting to spend some time with people I don't get to see that often.

care to elaborate?

what is the potential number of people then?

a lot more than 50 people.. You know this is going to get promoted heavily as being as close to the band as possible without the wait. Plus radio stations giving away a bunch on top of this. People are going to pay $275 easy.. So I will tell you there won't be any good rail spots that's for sure definitely inside the pit in front of the stage.

I dunno. I'm envisioning non-diehard U2 fans who are willing to shell out that much money aren't going to show up that early just to stand around for three extra hours or whatever.

I'm sure there are some diehard U2 fans who are willing to shell out more to have that extra shot at being super close, but I wonder if most of the people either winning radio contests or spending money on this special package are just casual fans who will just waltz in when the show starts like everyone else.

Call me crazy (pause for "CRAZY!"), but I don't think there will be a lot of people taking advantage of this presale VIP thingie.

Can anyone take advantage of this VIP thingie? Is it for anyone in the venue's presale? I don't know, I'm just thinking that non-diehard U2 fans who are all "dude, we can get tickets before the general sale with this code" are going to shell out that much to stand that long.

I picture them all as being lazy and casual. :wink:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this thing works.

they are getting let in before the rest of GA so whomever is there will get the prime spots before others.. Who knows how many of these VIP packages there are, all I know is it still SUCKS.. And I am still royally pissed off.

Right, I was thinking that the type of person who would spend $275 for GA (yeah, maybe a few die-hards know the deal and can shell out the dough), isn't going to get there 3 hours early.

I dunno. I'm just hoping that this isn't going to be as big a deal as we're all thinking; that it'll be a non-event, and there won't be that many people there getting let in early.

It's pretty lame, though. Just trying to offer a "well, on the bright side" scenario. :)

So... weighing the scales here. Keep Anaheim & pay lots for airfare/hotels, but get 2 back to back shows - or - let Anaheim go & pick up Baltimore plus maybe one other show to go with Nashville to keep cost down & keep my fingers crossed for Dublin???? :panic: :panic: :panic:

Just glad they're playing Baltimore! I'll be going to this and Nashville.

"Cathal man, thinking of you... Are you SERIOUSLY going to go to Anaheim and then fly all the way to Baltimore? It's literally coast to coast... and almost South to North as well!

Nice sig, btw.... genius review! "

Flying? try driving that sh#t :wave:

Wow, Tim. You're going to drive it? :crack:

I'll wave to you from the plane.

Well as you know, Im always up for a driving challenge as I did most of the 09 NA leg (minus a few for a medical issue). The original plan for this leg before the postponement was to drive the whole leg. Now that the rescheduled dates and new dates are out, it's not quite as conducive to driving (feelin bad for the truck drivers hauling the stage setup around). Im still looking at doing it,:coocoo: but I might recruit a co-pilot for a few of the drives. Backup plan is to beg Bono in Anaheim for a trip on the Vertigo Express or whatever they are calling it now.

Im thinking of calling it the Increasing My Carbon Footprint One Show At A Time Tour :angel:

ps still looking for an E Lansing GA:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom