June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 months out and I'm already having fits over the right flight combination for us...I've miles, I've got credits, I've got rewards but none of them seem to match what I want when I need it NOW!!!! (phew!)

I put the flight book back for a couple weeks, I'll try then....

I don't think that I'll be able to talk my friend into lining up early. But, I also think I'm probably not down with it. I'm too old. I showed up at 4:00 in Vancouver and made it into the inner circle. Maybe it'll be the same case for Seattle. I'm also hoping for some airfare sales so, I can get up there for about $200.

Konakitty, from what I've heard, it sounds pretty standard on this tour so far that you could show up at 4 or even later and get into the inner circle. In Vegas, we got inside about 6 and there was tons of room in there still.

I just didn't want to be in the middle of that many people, with nothing to look at but their heads and arms. :wink:

:wave:
I will be there too!!!!

WOOHOOO!

Got a GA. Will come in on Friday or Saturday and leave Monday to get back home to see the boys on Wednesday! "U2 Week" I can barely contain my excitement!

I definitely will need space so, I can dance and be crazy. And standing towards the back will give me a different perspective from what I saw in Vancouver. Then again I'll be going to the Oakland show before Seattle.

Where were you in Vancouver?

I ended up somewhat near the soundboard, but ended up being in the middle of the floor. I had a better view than I was expecting, and enough room to jump around, but I moved to the way-back of the floor about halfway through.

I was in the inner circle on Adam's side. Towards the back rail. I found a spot where i had room to dance. But, my sister said it was a little too crowded for her in there. But, we didn't end up moving. So, can't wait for Seattle.

Done and done!

Update on the travel plans: I am flying in on the 19th and out on the 21st. Booked at the Silver Cloud - Stadium for Saturday and Sunday night.

U2360 GA tickets booked - Check :rockon:
Hotel Booked- Check
Flights booked - Check
Excited beyond measure - Check. :dancing:

wooo hooo!
pinch me...am I dreaming?

Update on the travel plans: I am flying in on the 19th and out on the 21st. Booked at the Silver Cloud - Stadium for Saturday and Sunday night.

U2360 GA tickets booked - Check :rockon:
Hotel Booked- Check
Flights booked - Check
Excited beyond measure - Check. :dancing:

wooo hooo!
pinch me...am I dreaming?

what will you do if they add a first show on the 19th?

what if they play a 2nd show on the 21st?

i'd be really bummed if i was flying out of town while a show was going on

-dan

what if they play a 2nd show on the 21st?

i'd be really bummed if i was flying out of town while a show was going on

-dan

exactly. Chances are; there will be a second show, and it will be on either the 19th or the 21st.

I don't think there's going to be a second show. Oakland I could see getting a second show, but not Seattle.

I don't think that I'll be able to talk my friend into lining up early. But, I also think I'm probably not down with it. I'm too old. I showed up at 4:00 in Vancouver and made it into the inner circle. Maybe it'll be the same case for Seattle. I'm also hoping for some airfare sales so, I can get up there for about $200.

Old, shmold... you'll be fine. :reject:

We've been doing GA since U2 started it during the Elevation tour and, yeah, it can be tiring waiting in line and standing but it's worth it for the experience.

Besides you get to hang out with other peeps like us. :wink:

:wave:
I will be there too!!!!

WOOHOOO!

Got a GA. Will come in on Friday or Saturday and leave Monday to get back home to see the boys on Wednesday! "U2 Week" I can barely contain my excitement!

:up: :hyper: See you there!!

Haha. The first time I ever did GA for a U2 show was for Zoo Tv in Oakland. Public Enemy and The Sugarcubes opening. Crazy but, awesome experience. I went with three others and I was the only one who stayed on the floor for the whole show. Never had the opportunity to do it again till Vertigo. I did have floor for PopMart but, yes it was a stadium but, they put chairs up. Weird. But, the Vertigo show sold me. I don't think I'll ever do a show in seats again. Never say never. I might be tempted line up early for Seattle. Especially if there's other cool peeps.

Haha. The first time I ever did GA for a U2 show was for Zoo Tv in Oakland. Public Enemy and The Sugarcubes opening. Crazy but, awesome experience. I went with three others and I was the only one who stayed on the floor for the whole show. Never had the opportunity to do it again till Vertigo. I did have floor for PopMart but, yes it was a stadium but, they put chairs up. Weird. But, the Vertigo show sold me. I don't think I'll ever do a show in seats again. Never say never. I might be tempted line up early for Seattle. Especially if there's other cool peeps.

Oh, yes, I forgot about the Oakland show!! That's right!! We were there on the floor, too. And, yes, it was crazy! That was the only show that we did during that tour where there were no chairs on the floor. I did not like it because it was a mad dash for the floor and we were packed in like sardines. Squished up against other people like you wouldn't believe, sharing each other's sweat and all.:yuck: It was bad.

I remember we were next to the secondary stage out in the middle when the whole band came out there to play. It was a good show but I didn't enjoy it as much because of the crush. :(

The GA situation now is much more controlled and more enjoyable.

Hi Romi!!

what will you do if they add a first show on the 19th?

Cry. :sad:

It is worth the gamble..and I can't get the time off work anyhoo...:huh:
Silly work...oh yeah..I guess it is paying for these lovely little U2 excursions!
I am the luckiest person just to be able to get to go to Seattle at all so I guess I will just have to suck it up if they add a 2nd show.

I figure I will see them one night in Seattle and then in Edmonton then in Miami...so I should be "okay". :D Sure would be nice to see a 2nd show here in Edmonton though (I am still secretly wishing for one). I love the back to back shows because you KNOW the setlist will be different.

Nobody told me they had seats that were $58 too...so when I said $58 best available I assumed I would get GA, but no. When I went back and tried to get GA there weren't any left. But I got pretty good seats, section 123, so I'm happy. This is my first U2 show so I'm excited regardless.

Newspaper ad published in Vancouver advertising the Qwest show says "only pacific northwest performance".

To be honest, Tacoma Dome Elevation was a "soft" sell out and the 2 Key Arena shows on Vertigo were a super easy ticket to get below face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom