June 17 & 18, 2011 - I'm not #1 in the GA line in Anaheim...carry on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a reservation for tomorrow at 6:30 at El Torito. They're giving us part of the patio, no minimum orders and no deposit. The reservation is under "Smith".

Dinner at El Torito Grill Thursday
dsmith2904/Dev
Iris
trojanchick99
Romi (Roman)
Lauramullen (Laura)
Superfan (Brad)
McMango (Brett)
Lila64 (Lila)
BonosLil'Pal94 (Maddy)
Dakotalola (Kim) (late arrival)
Martha
DRay
Zuropa_fit (Maryann) and friend - most likely - really really wanna
Cleasai (Trevor)
Karmic_Postmark (Danielle) maybe... haven'y really asked yet
Outsider (Arriving at 6:30 Mexican time)
edge_orchestra will be there. Or so is the plan. (Jeffrey)
d.darroch (Dave) hopefully,..... depending on the camping situation
redkat
chrisedge will make a drop in appearance
bump101 (Betsy) w/ Peter probable
U2FloridaFan
bratty_cat and our friend from Oz
FitzChivalry

thanks for putting us on the list Dev... didn't see our nes on an earlier list so was just about to ask y:wave:ou

Aww :therethere: if it makes you feel better, I'm still 2000 miles away right now, and will still be 2000 miles away this time tomorrow. Are you going to be at the Anaheim shows? I have to meet you. :)

and ps: I'm also 5'2''. 5'2 and a quarter '' with my Skechers shape-ups. :D

:cute:

I am going to the shows in my signature... any of those will you be at?

If so, when I do meet you, tell me you are the "Edge can I have my sharpie back" gal and I'll remember... LOL!

Certainly hard to find other Edgegirls in this world, that's for sure. :D

Martha, those pics were rad, thanks.

Scoped out the scene today since I work nearby. Claw up fully. No spire, no screen.
Sauntered around in the back with local crew wondering what the hell I was up to.
They even have security back there (what an exciting job...)--probably to keep crazies like me out.

parking is 25$. Rip-off like usual stadium nonsense.

Caught a few views of the claw but nothing post worthy.

Chatted with some lighting guys. Inquired about a possible rehearsal for Thurs. night.
They said they didn't think so. He mentioned only on show days. So, maybe that helps with y'alls planning

El Torito Grill is a good choice. I've eaten there before, good food & super close to stadium.

People in line? I saw a few people hanging around with an umbrella and chairs but it didn't cross my mind that they might be in line already... if so, that's laughable in my view.

Dray & trojanchick: cool youtube vids!

Gonna post here with the intention that it will provide me with good karma about finding a ticket for Saturday's show. :hyper: If not, here's wishing you all a FANTASTIC time!

From Bajagirl on Twitter:

@U2Baja
Bajagirl
GA line #U2360ana rules a) sign-in is by the scoreboard, but on the Anaheim Metrolink property parking lot b) must check in by midnight th

@U2Baja
Bajagirl
GA #u2360ana rules c) must be back BY 6am Friday d) can sign-in a +1 e) stadium will split GA line into 2 lines on Friday in A.M.

So, it's check in, leave, back at 6am Friday

Enter off of Katella between the Grove and the condos. Turn left at little white security shed, go straight until u can make another left into the Metrolink parking lot, then immediate right to cross the lot. Follow signs for Amtrak/Metrolink. Umbrellas and chair folks are what you're looking for. Sign up. Core group of ol' school fans are running it and letting you go home/work/sleep etc and come back for check in any time before midnight tomoro at your convenience. One person from your group can check in if people in your group have to work/sleep/vacation/be with family etc. Then 6am roll-call Friday. We are all at the Metrolink because security won't allow us on property til 8am (the usual) Friday. There are 2 entrances, and line will be split at roll-call in an orderly fashion. :yes: No stress and super chill!

If you need land markers to find folks running it... it's to the left of the Gate 1 entrance and ticket booth and between Grove/Metro/Stadium.

See u there! :grouphug:

So, like, I'm coming to the Saturday show.

:)

119qtg1.gif

So we have a possible park-agaddon. For those staying at Townplace, they are saying only 1 car per room. First, we need to make a stink to get them to up that a bit, but for those who still have too many cars (my room), there's a neighborhood across the freeway where cars can be parked. Not walkable, but we don't need that.

Iris - if you have an extra pass, there's a few in my room, me included, that would love to have it. Let us know...

steve needs to bust that out during one of the setlist parties if they play la mosca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom