June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was love at first sight for me :love: I've gone every year since, sometimes two or three times.:wink:

Very spiritual for me, it's right up there with U2.:heart:

That's awesome you get to go so often. This past summer was the first time I was there since summer of '05.

It's only 45 minutes from here. We are the Gateway to the Yosemite, after all.
Okay, I this is really revealing my ignorance of Fresno. I don't seem to remember passing by it on either of my trips to Yosemite.:reject:

I haven't been since I was a teenager *cough not saying how long ago that was cough* but I have fond memories and I'm looking forward to bringing Mr. Z and our son.

I never thought of Fresno as the gateway to Yosemite, but I have thought of it as the final destination of most of the stolen cars in California:wink:

I'm not being mean, it's not like the cars are stolen there, it's just that the thieves are from there.

As I stated earlier I'm not thrilled with the venue. (I have seen many shows there) I got good seats and will be happy to watch this show away from the squeeze.

I hung in there in Las Vegas, but I'm getting a little older now. "As Ringo would say to Keith Moon" Still the trooper...

the venue is not good, but the location to public transportation, the parking options and the airport for those flying are great.

I never thought of Fresno as the gateway to Yosemite, but I have thought of it as the final destination of most of the stolen cars in California:wink:

I'm not being mean, it's not like the cars are stolen there, it's just that the thieves are from there.

We were the carjacking capital of California for a few years in a row! :D

That's awesome you get to go so often. This past summer was the first time I was there since summer of '05.

Okay, I this is really revealing my ignorance of Fresno. I don't seem to remember passing by it on either of my trips to Yosemite.:reject:

Fresno ain't a memorable place, so don't feel bad. And you could have come in a different way...there are a million different ways into Yosemite. Somehow, Fresno got the label "Gateway to the Yosemites" years ago and it stuck.

We should have one. I just don't know where. I haven't lived in the area for years so maybe one of the locals can scope something out. I'd just say, make it accessable by BART / MUNI, plz.

Well luckily we have 8 months to come up with something. :wink:

Where is Diemen, he lives in Oakland and he hasnt posted once in this thread. :tsk:

right. there's just not that much near the venue, unless you want to meet at Burger King. We can do downtown Oakland, or in San Francisco, somewhere near BART?

what kind of place are people interested in? Irish? Italian? Jew(ish)? Hispa... err Mexican?

I can scope out a place or two if you want.

I'd say somewhere in Oakland, closer to the stadium. Though, Oakland does not have the best neighborhoods. Diemen would know where safe areas are.

I just got an email that my tickets are being printed. I'm almost tempted to bid on the RZ.. hubby's birthday, the 6JUN.

Decisions, decisions.. but... finances, finances, HAHAHA..
Spend less, go more..

We'll spend the night in Napa, fight traffic.

Sorry Sicy. I've been out of town for a few days. I'll definitely be at the show. :) I'd say for out of towners wanting a place to stay, there are plenty of hotels by the airport, and that'll put you really close to the stadium without being in shady neighborhoods. Another nice option would be stay somewhere in Jack London Square - that'd give you more options for things to do the night before or after the concert if you're staying for more than a couple days, plus it's easy to get to a BART station from there, and BART has a stop right by the coliseum.

I'm definitely doing BART. Don't have to worry about parking at all! :)

I'm definitely doing BART. Don't have to worry about parking at all! :)

Moving back to the Bay after a failed relationship in Orlando via Syracuse, NY...oy. Maybe I'll actually meet Sicy this time. :wave:

But anyway, concerning BART, it's such a pleasure. For the Vertigo shows at the arena (which is the same stop as the coliseum), it was great to leave SF during the opening act and get there right at 9 when U2 took the stage...and leaving/entering the shows with a bunch of fans on the same train is wild. :up:

Crossing my fingers that I can snag some GAs, but I know the scalpers are working overtime and a lot of great grub went to the fans in the pre-sale (something I'd have thought to sign up for had I not had bad memories about with the last tour's fiasco, huge waste of $50)...

2GAs...hip hip hoorah. So weirdly easy which is strange given how quick the East Coast shows sold out (and thankfully so since I ended up being nowhere near NYC once this summer rolled around)...

So, there's none of this scanning bullshit like the last tour correct? If I get there early enough, I can be in the inner circle? The "random crap" pissed me off to no end last time and still led to the same faces being at the front of the outer circle at every show, anyway.

2GAs...hip hip hoorah. So weirdly easy which is strange given how quick the East Coast shows sold out (and thankfully so since I ended up being nowhere near NYC once this summer rolled around)...

So, there's none of this scanning bullshit like the last tour correct? If I get there early enough, I can be in the inner circle? The "random crap" pissed me off to no end last time and still led to the same faces being at the front of the outer circle at every show, anyway.

As long as you don't want the rail, no need to show up at the butt-crack of dawn. They were letting ppl into the pit minutes before U2 hit the stage at the Rose Bowl. And many ppl here will attest to getting to the stadium at 4pm / 5pm / 6pm and getting into the pit easily.

As long as you don't want the rail, no need to show up at the butt-crack of dawn. They were letting ppl into the pit minutes before U2 hit the stage at the Rose Bowl. And many ppl here will attest to getting to the stadium at 4pm / 5pm / 6pm and getting into the pit easily.

This. :up:

maybe if it isnt a huge mess like the rose bowl i can actually get outer rail, AND return to my spot after i use the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom