June 1, 2011 - Commonwealth Stadium - Edmonton, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait til June 1st now. It's gonna be a good time of year. The sun will go down around 9:50ish instead of 11 like it would on the 23rd.

I'm officially out. Sucks the show still had to be on a weekday.:angry: I would go- but that would mean giving up the Chicago show.

I was so looking forward to seeing a U2 show in the daylight.:sad:

The old thread has the biggest discussion so maybe thats why this on isn't getting too many replies.

Come spring we'll be back to planning the epic Monday-nighter at O'Byrnes. (May 30th). I'll be waking up in Winnipeg that AM, driving to Regina to catch a plane to drink with you guys in Edmonton that night.

(What can I say, I *am* rock and roll... :up: :lol:)

Come spring we'll be back to planning the epic Monday-nighter at O'Byrnes. (May 30th). I'll be waking up in Winnipeg that AM, driving to Regina to catch a plane to drink with you guys in Edmonton that night.

(What can I say, I *am* rock and roll... :up: :lol:)

* DANGER! DANGER! DANGER! *

This girl should *not* be released unsupervised into an Irish pub in Canada before a U2 concert. Things start to blur ...

What time do you arrive? :)

Lets get "the hype" going for this show! Less than a month away! Don't forget your balloons!

I haven't even thought about this show. :hmm: Perhaps BoMac can host a gathering, seeing as he seems to know Edmonton the best. :wink:

Bumping....

The "official" #U2360EDM fan Gathering will be at O'Byrnes Irish Pub on Monday, May 30th. We hope you can join us - 10616 82 Avenue, 6pm. This is the one to come to if you can, it will be the most fun and organized event.

There may also be a post-U2 party after the show on Wednesday but we'll let you know. I doubt that will go over as well though as people usually just want to get home after the show as most have to work the next day.

All this being said, if people are interested in also getting together informally on Tuesday, May 31, I'd be up for that too.

Where are people staying? I'll suggest going to the Sherlock Holmes pub on the Tuesday night as it's kitty-corner from the Westin and two blocks from the Hotel Macdonald/Courtyard Marriott.

YAY! 23 more sleeps!!

Yeah I have only planned the one fan gathering at O'Byrnes which Edgefest posted up there. I keep asking Patrick, the manager of O'Byrnes to give me the information on what he has planned but to date he has not returned any of my emails. I sent him another one yesterday in the hopes of gathering more information about what they have planned there on the night before and the day of. I have secured a reservation and they know we are coming on the 30th.

I will not be partying the night before as I am in GA, but hopefully some of you with seats and red zone can come up with a plan.

I just called O'Byrne's and nobody over there knows anything. It's really frustrating. He was so awesome last year arranging this all for us, but this year he just seems less organized.

Don't forget to bring your red and White Balloons to the gig!!

More info here:

On facebook we have a page for the (red)monton info (I will cross post the Fan Gathering info there.
Login | Facebook

To show our support for One and (Red) by organizing a red and white theme for Edmonton. We have set up a twitter account:

U2 in Edmonton #yeg (RedmontonU2) on Twitter

90% sure that I'm out for this one. :( I really hate to miss a show that's practically in my backyard, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it happen. If not, my GA will be up for grabs. Just putting that out there.

Ok more details about the events during U2 week here in Edgemonton:

Here are the details of the Fan Gathering:
On Monday May 30th we will be hosting "The Beautiful Day Before" the biggest U2 party in town. Paddy's still working out drink specials and said he would let me know of them straight away. There will be Karaoke so start practising in the shower. I'm calling dibs on AoH!

Paddy is getting us a poster which I will post as soon as I have it.

The Edmonton U2 fan Gathering will be at O'Byrnes Irish Pub
Monday, May 30th.
Join us 10616 82 Avenue, 6 P.M. until the wee hours.

As for the day of the U2 concert. O'Byrnes will be selling VIP Lanyards!

The VIP lanyard will entitle the bearer to:
~ A bus to and from O'Byrne's to the concert and back to O'Byrne's
~$4 dollar domestic beer's and high balls (all day of the concert)
~ guaranteed entry to O'Byrne's after the show.

The cost of the VIP lanyard is $10. This is an awesome deal and well worth if just for the drink specials alone. They will have these printed by mid next week but if you want one please email Paddy: mickypkelly@hotmail.com with the subject line: U2 VIP Lanyard and he will reserve a VIP lanyard for you.

Thank you SO much HJ! I'm thinking we're going to get a lanyard anyway, even though we're going early to the Red Zone. I'd love to go after the show and have the bus BACK. ;)

I'll email him soon for 3.

Amazing HJ.

And, of course, I'm singing ISHFWILF in THE HAT. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom