June 1, 2011 - Commonwealth Stadium - Edmonton, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got there at 5:30 and was only 20 feet back from the stage...perfect viewing angle. Glad I didnt waste my time going earlier it would not have been worth it.

U2 rocked Etown again for the first time in 15 years dont wait so long in coming back next time!

This was a great concert, after 23 shows on this tour, Edmonton was my 24th show. The band was in a great mood during the whole show and it was well worth the wait. Great songs were played for this show: Even Better Than The Real Thing, I will Follow, Until The End Of The World, All I Want Is You, Stay, Zooropa, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Moment of Surrender, just to name a few.

My best moment was when Phil (Bono's guitar technician) gave me Bono's setlist. A great souvenir that will be forever remembered. :hyper::applaud:

Ps: I will upload a scan of Bono's setlist soon.

Nuno

I got a great view from the outside of the Red Zone, in front of barricades. Edge was on our side and we got there about 6:30 PM. We were about 40 feet from any member of the band when they come near us on. A great show and the boys sure did a great job!!!!

I had the time of my life last night. I waited over 10 years to see them. No way in hell that that will be the only time I'm ever gonna see them live. I will definitely be seeing them again next tour even if they don't come back here to Edmonton.

I've seen them 16 times in 10 cities, 6 countries and 2 continents and FINALLY I got front row. On the outter edge whichy in my opinion the best seat in the house. It's ironic that I achieved this in a stadium only 1 hour from my house haha.

Amazing show last night. I have so many friends who never understood why I raved about them and their live show so much and now they know as so many of them were there last night throughout the stadium. It was surreal for me to read dozens of facebook status updates with people freaking out about how amazing they were. People who aren't even real fans. Just casual fans who wanted to see them. U2 FTW!!!

I would love to see them even half as many times as you. But slowly but surely my show count will start climbing. I definitely wanna try getting GA seats next time around. Though the view and sound from up high wasn't that bad at all last night. I was pretty impressed overall.

Here's a short video from the top where I was sitting. It's the opening of Streets.

YouTube - ‪U2 360 tour Edmonton - Where The Streets Have No Name‬‏

I would love to see them even half as many times as you. But slowly but surely my show count will start climbing. I definitely wanna try getting GA seats next time around. Though the view and sound from up high wasn't that bad at all last night. I was pretty impressed overall.

Here's a short video from the top where I was sitting. It's the opening of Streets.

Yeah it's always fun to see the show from different perspectives. GA is fun but you can't see as much of the Claw which is fun to watch. Also both experiences are fun in thier own way. the anticipation and tension of GA and the relaxed, soak it all in of assigned seating.

Heard a rumor....

Heard a big rumor....

that U2 left Winnipeg and landed in Vancouver with a few pieces of their gear. They stayed for two days. Rumor is that they might have taped something for the NHL playoffs tonight. U2360 tour resumes in Edmonton.....but they might have done something for Vancouver and the NHL.

Be watching the NHL tonight.....the boys might be adding a contribution!

Just a rumor.

Would they be rooting for Vancouver or Boston?

I had the time of my life last night. I waited over 10 years to see them. No way in hell that that will be the only time I'm ever gonna see them live. I will definitely be seeing them again next tour even if they don't come back here to Edmonton.

Thats exactly what happens!! You get the bug and then it gets to where you have to see them at least once even if it means going to great length. I had to travel to Vancouver to see them for every other tour, so Edmonton was super close in comparison, evn though its still 500 kms away. lol

REgarding the sound, i actually didn't find it that great. We were directly opposite of Adams side up high. The wind would take the sound so it had the effect of coming in and out. And bono wasn't that clear. Honstly it wasn't much worse than BC Place! :ohmy: But i loved it all just the same so no complaints from me.

Thats exactly what happens!! You get the bug and then it gets to where you have to see them at least once even if it means going to great length. I had to travel to Vancouver to see them for every other tour, so Edmonton was super close in comparison, evn though its still 500 kms away. lol

REgarding the sound, i actually didn't find it that great. We were directly opposite of Adams side up high. The wind would take the sound so it had the effect of coming in and out. And bono wasn't that clear. Honstly it wasn't much worse than BC Place! :ohmy: But i loved it all just the same so no complaints from me.

We were on the Edge's side. It really wasn't bad at all. Bono's voice sounded clear. There were a couple times when he would speak low and it was hard to make out what was said. But that was pretty much it. I think that even though we were high up, were positioned pretty well for where the stage was. We were just past mid field on the 2 deck about 10 rows from the top. The wind wasn't much of a factor for us. The sun was really the biggest issue we had for the first couple hours. It was right in our face.

We were on the Edge's side. It really wasn't bad at all. Bono's voice sounded clear. There were a couple times when he would speak low and it was hard to make out what was said. But that was pretty much it. I think that even though we were high up, were positioned pretty well for where the stage was. We were just past mid field on the 2 deck about 10 rows from the top. The wind wasn't much of a factor for us. The sun was really the biggest issue we had for the first couple hours. It was right in our face.

Well i did notice the sound got a lot better as the show progressed. Maybe since they didn't have mch time for soundcheck it took a bit to get it just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom