June 1, 2011 - Commonwealth Stadium - Edmonton, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I dont want to dance with Bono either. Generally its sooooo awkward. I'd rather dance with Adam myself anyway! Nice sign! I'll be looking for you from 2 miles up above. :)

8 days until the show! so excited! I've been waiting 14 long years for this! So who else from here is going? Is anyone here planning a meet up before the show?

Also, can't wait to see the trucks rolling into Commonwealth Stadium in about 3 days

I'm sure from way up there i'll see EVERYTHING!! haha!

I'm pretty high up too. Section R2, row 78 which is on the east side of the stadium, 10 yards past midfield going north. I'm sure the view will be awesome. The sound worries me a tad, but I don't think it will be too bad

While waiting (a very long time) for a cab back to my hotel after the show last night I was watching the transports leave (taxi line was near their part of the parking lot) and had the wonderful thought that I will be seeing that same stage in Edmonton!

OMG, wait till you guys see the new video stuff (and a couple other surprises)! :hyper:

I would think that based on travel time and such, the stage from the Denver show would be the one we'll see here in Edmonton. I think the Salt Lake city show falls too close to this show to allow them enough travel time when you take into consideration the time they need to set-up the stage (4.5 days). At the latest, they need to be here in Edmonton by Friday night to have sufficient time for set-up.

I'm pretty high up too. Section R2, row 78 which is on the east side of the stadium, 10 yards past midfield going north. I'm sure the view will be awesome. The sound worries me a tad, but I don't think it will be too bad

I'm not in the same section but in row 80! 84 is the very top!!!

I've got a pal on site who's going to do an awesome blog post for me later tonight... stay tuned. ;)

Here are some pictures that I took. Feel free to use them if you want too.
250862_10150642308885217_633360216_18853212_4393611_n.jpg

253379_10150642309355217_633360216_18853220_8026662_n.jpg

247752_10150642309505217_633360216_18853223_3505810_n.jpg

247812_10150642309605217_633360216_18853225_3568325_n.jpg

249525_10150642309940217_633360216_18853231_6065486_n.jpg

252252_10150642310060217_633360216_18853233_3014654_n.jpg

These pictures were taken at about 5pm MT. I'd say there was probably about 15-20ish trucks on site at that point

And the early forecast for June 1st is 22 degrees C and sunny! bring you're sunglasses if you're in the east nosebleeds like me!

Great pictures!! Thanks! I shared them with my friends who are coming to the show and think i'm a nut for caring what the stage looks like pre-setup!

Hey guys,

Do you have a parking plan for the show? I'm wondering where I should park as the information package email that I received stated that there was no parking at Commonwealth.

Hey guys,

Do you have a parking plan for the show? I'm wondering where I should park as the information package email that I received stated that there was no parking at Commonwealth.

There is little to no parking at Commonwealth. They have a transit parking lot across the street at the LRT (subway) station. But it will fill up quickly. I'm not going to drive there because of this. I'm just going to hop on the LRT. It will take me right there. If you have a hotel downtown, I would recommend you just jump on the LRT as well. It's quick and cheap ($2.85 fare per person). If you're not sure how to use it, lemme know and I'll help ya figure it out.

They're starting to set things up inside the stadium now. I actually managed to get a couple pics, but somehow I lost them while uploading them.

They're starting to set things up inside the stadium now. I actually managed to get a couple pics, but somehow I lost them while uploading them.

According to satellite mode of Google Maps, the north side of the stadium doesn't have high stands. So I'm sure you'll manage to get plenty of unobstructed shots of the construction.

Unfortunately my crack reporter is on the plane for Winnipeg tomorrow AM, but I'm sure you guys will rock it.

Still have another friend on site not coming to Winnipeg but I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend through Tuesday, hope to update with interior shots then...

According to satellite mode of Google Maps, the north side of the stadium doesn't have high stands. So I'm sure you'll manage to get plenty of unobstructed shots of the construction.

You are correct, but it has high metal green fences. There are some holes you can see through, but on the other side of that fence inside the stadium there is metal railing with a black sheet over it that blocks your view of the field. So I had to follow the fence to a section where it was elevated so I could see over that railing. I managed to get a couple pics from there through a hole in the fence.

Oops, just received that FAQ from ticketmaster. How helpful they are. Its the least they can do for selling me shitty seats!

There is little to no parking at Commonwealth. They have a transit parking lot across the street at the LRT (subway) station. But it will fill up quickly. I'm not going to drive there because of this. I'm just going to hop on the LRT. It will take me right there. If you have a hotel downtown, I would recommend you just jump on the LRT as well. It's quick and cheap ($2.85 fare per person). If you're not sure how to use it, lemme know and I'll help ya figure it out.

that lot won't be available as ETS is doing park & ride for before/after the concert - and that is where the buses assemble.
There is always the possibility of parking at a different lot near LRT and taking the LRT to the stadium.
and btw the first northbound lrt run is at 5:36 am

that lot won't be available as ETS is doing park & ride for before/after the concert - and that is where the buses assemble.
There is always the possibility of parking at a different lot near LRT and taking the LRT to the stadium.
and btw the first northbound lrt run is at 5:36 am

Ahh ok. I wasn't sure if they did the park n ride shuttles for concerts or not. But yea then, transit is definitely the way to go when getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom