June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! - looks like the in-laws are going to have to tolerate me for a few days :hyper: I was at the 97 popmart show, and although the stadium has been redone since, this is going to be awesome because of it's relatively small size. Now if only RATM could be the opener again. My wife's brother-in-law is a morning show DJ in SLC, I'm sure he can get us backstage :wink:

It's also on U2.com.

'Final U2 360° Show in North America'16 February 2010
It's going to be the first show in North America this summer - even though it's the final one to be announced. The Salt Lake City 360° show will take place on June 3rd at Rice Eccles Stadium and tickets go on public sale next Monday, February 2nd, at 10am local time.

A presale for U2.com subscribers opens this Thursday February 18th at 10am and runs until Saturday February 20th at 5pm (local time)..

We'll be emailing our subscribers with presale details today. Click here for dates and onsales of 2010 shows.

Here's the presale times for our different subscriber groups. (Please note:you can check what subscriber group you are in by logging in.)

Horizon - Presale Opens 10am February 18th
Breathe - Presale Opens 10am February 18th
Boots - Presale Opens 10am February 19th
Magnificent - Presale Opens 10am February 19th
(all times local)

It's funny they can never get these things right.

tickets go on public sale next Monday, February 2nd, at 10am local time.
:wink: :yikes: :huh:

I'm wondering if I should do this one instead of Denver - how far is the stadium from the city center? Is there decent public transportation (I don't drive)? Are there other things to see for a day or two? Both cities are in uncharted territory for me...and mountainous. :)

I'm wondering if I should do this one instead of Denver - how far is the stadium from the city center? Is there decent public transportation (I don't drive)? Are there other things to see for a day or two? Both cities are in uncharted territory for me...and mountainous. :)

Extremely easy. If you're staying downtown, stay near the TRAX (light rail) line, which shouldn't be hard. Buy your ticket, jump on the train, and take the University line. Get off at the Stadium. Couldn't be simpler.

It's only a few minutes from city center by car, and no more than 15-20 minutes by light rail.

Michael

I hope people who want to go actually have presale codes left - wonder how many tickets they'll sell during the presale.

Daaaaaaaaang!!!! I wonder when the public sale is?

Oops-- tickets go on public sale next Monday, February 2nd, at 10am local time.

HEEELLLL YEEEEAAAHHHH! :up:

Yeah this is the same stadium Pop Mart was in, (my first U2 show) but the Stadium capacity was expanded from 30K to 45K prior to the Olympics in 2002. Still should seem much more intimate that a lot of the other stadium shows this tour.

As MW mentioned, Trax Light Rail goes right to the stadium. Very easy to get in and out of.

Can't wait.

so is this the last show to be announced for 360 tour? that article made it sound as much...

They said last NA show announced for 2010, 82 dates still seems a bit slight for all the overhead. I bet an SA/Australia leg finishes out the tour.

They said last NA show announced for 2010, 82 dates still seems a bit slight for all the overhead. I bet an SA/Australia leg finishes out the tour.

I agree with you, I don't think they would spend that much money and go through all that trouble with the huge stages just to play north america and europe. they will start profiting finally off the start of their 2010 shows, so I'm sure they will try to work out the southern hemisphere as well.

Yeah but doesn't so hemisphere have currency issues. Either they have to charge essentially a months wage to compare to us or euro ticket prices or be "good guys" and take a huge loss in so America. Seem to remember coldplay getting lambasted for this because they converted domestic ticket prices to so American currency and took great deal of heat for it?

Yeah but doesn't so hemisphere have currency issues. Either they have to charge essentially a months wage to compare to us or euro ticket prices or be "good guys" and take a huge loss in so America. Seem to remember coldplay getting lambasted for this because they converted domestic ticket prices to so American currency and took great deal of heat for it?

I'm sure there are currency & wage issues for South America. As for Australia, the aussie dollar is quite strong at the moment (1 AUD= 0.9 USD), & I'd say our wages are comparable to US wages. The Kiwi dollar isn't quite so strong (1 NZD = 0.7 USD). The problem would be the transport costs, & only playing to a small population (5-7 shows in Australia, I would expect).

We're quite used to playing high ticket prices in Oz. I think a Vertigo GA was around 100 AUD (so 90 USD now), & all shows sold out. Sydney sold out it's 3 shows, that's over 200,000 tickets.

........ what are we doing in the SLC tread again?

Looks like no Ticketmaster. I haven't lived there in 10 years, so I can't vouch for Smith's Tix. Back then you actually had to get in line. Could be interesting for the general onsale

I hear ya. Not a fan of TM, but at least I know what I'm doing with that site.

The Vegas presale was scary enough for me, on the UNLV site, a general sale on a smaller site may be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom