June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove by the Stadium this morning. It's tough to *not* see the Claw up anymore. :( There are a few trucks in the parking lot still, but I don't think there's nearly as many as their used to be. I didn't see the stage setup on any of the trucks--just closed "box" trailers.

As an aside, it's been an extremely rainy Spring here the last few weeks, and it's snowing today. That definitely wouldn't have been ideal for rehearsals tomorrow, anyway. :) The stage crew set up the Claw in rain all last week. I bet that's a week of their lives they wish they could have back!

I'm hoping to see the Claw back here one day--relatively soon. Hopefully an announcement regarding the rest of the dates will be made today so we can get the SLC show rescheduled.

The part that saddens me the most are all of the out of town fans that were going to come and experience the beauty Utah has to offer. For those that are cancelling and will not be coming to a rescheduled show, I'm sorry.

Michael

its snowing in Utah today? Is that normal for end of May?

its snowing in Utah today? Is that normal for end of May?

Not really. It's not uncommon to get a freak snowstorm in May, but I don't remember them being this late in the month. The snow was gone by the afternoon yesterday, though.

As I said, it's been an unusually wet month this month.

*sigh* Today's the day the band were set to begin rehearsals. Instead, we just get to look at a bunch of trucks in the parking lot.

Michael

I sent an email to the Cedar Breaks National Monument information center. The lady replied and said they've been getting heavy snow later in the season, so that monument is still closed until around June 5. However, she did give me another route that I can pass to get a glimpse of it. They're very friendly... :)

I drove by the Stadium one last time a few minutes ago. Trucks were rolling in to haul the remaining trailers (with Claw) away. Hopefully we'll see you back in a year, Dear Claw...

my cousins are graduating high school tomorrow. too bad there isn't enough time for those trucks to swing down to tucson and set that bad boy up.

I drove by the Stadium one last time a few minutes ago. Trucks were rolling in to haul the remaining trailers (with Claw) away. Hopefully we'll see you back in a year, Dear Claw...

im with you....but look at it this way, if we do get the show a year from now there is a possibility it will be bigger & better than it would have been next week. The possibility of new music, a re-energized Bono, plus the band having the benefit of another several months of tweaking and perfecting the show...all for our benefit.

Ready for the tour opening night set list party:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

......oops,sorry i forgot,someone hurt his back...

:(

Salt Lake City Ended?

Just noticed on U2.com,that Salt Lake City is listed as ended,not postponed,as are all the other dates.Any guesses on what this could mean?

Just noticed on U2.com,that Salt Lake City is listed as ended,not postponed,as are all the other dates.Any guesses on what this could mean?

I'm guessing that this is down to nothing more than an automatic update - that it says ended simply cos June 3rd has arrived and the computer was programed to auto-change that field on the date of the concert.

I'm totally butting into a thread for a show I was not attending, but...
I think this may be an automated thing? The show was supposed to be today, so perhaps when the date of the show arrives, they are set to automatically change to "ended"? I guess we'll see if the same thing happens with the other shows as those dates pass.

Edit: Srsly, cannot believe I just cross posted that :lol: *backs out of thread*

I'm guessing that this is down to nothing more than an automatic update - that it says ended simply cos June 3rd has arrived and the computer was programed to auto-change that field on the date of the concert.[/QUOTE

Thanks,you are probably right.Hugs and best wishes to everyone who was supposed to be attending this show,tonight.Most of all,prayers and good thoughts to Bono.Hope to see you next year!

Closing since the date has passed. Once the new dates are released a new thread can be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom