July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what drink shall I order this time???:hmm:

Seriously though, what time do you arrive on Thursday Mark?

So, what drink shall I order this time???:hmm:

Seriously though, what time do you arrive on Thursday Mark?

I was just checking drive times this morning. It looks like 4.5 hrs from Syracuse to Montreal. So, it'll depend on weather and lighting. I want to take pictures of a Syracuse Univ. building, and I'm not certain where it is or what direction it faces. We may be able to get the pictures done on Wed. in which case we'll be up earlier on Thurs. Otherwise, we'll probably get into Montreal by 5pm, check-in to the Embassy Suites and then head over to the pub.

:up:

Oh, and did anyone ever book the boat cruise for themselves?

I still need to and can't decide between July 8 or 9. I hope there is space left.

They wanted us to prepay, and I couldn't swing that for our big group, so we are just going to show up and see what is available. You could always visit on the 8th and then buy a ticket for the 9th.

thanks everyone for answering my questions!

i just had another one...is there a place to grab food near the hippodrome while we wait in line? or should i just bring some food with me to eat while waiting in line?

There is a McDonalds and Tim Hortons right there, but it doesn't hurt to bring a few things!

thanks everyone for answering my questions!

i just had another one...is there a place to grab food near the hippodrome while we wait in line? or should i just bring some food with me to eat while waiting in line?

There are supposed to be plenty of vendors at the Hippodrome starting at noon (?), maybe earlier.

Hey guys just wondering: if getting to the pub on the 7th is out of the question, is there a post-show 1 meetup happening or is everyone just joining the line again for show 2?

I thought we are going to rally somewhere in the Hippodrome area after 1, and then some will go off to Saturday's line check-in or whatever.
(I'll hang around because the Metro lines will be hopelessly long.)

Immediate post-show meet-ups are fun because everyone is so excited.

I was just checking drive times this morning. It looks like 4.5 hrs from Syracuse to Montreal. So, it'll depend on weather and lighting. I want to take pictures of a Syracuse Univ. building, and I'm not certain where it is or what direction it faces. We may be able to get the pictures done on Wed. in which case we'll be up earlier on Thurs. Otherwise, we'll probably get into Montreal by 5pm, check-in to the Embassy Suites and then head over to the pub.

If you're driving on 81 you should be able to get a pic of the Carrier Dome from the highway, otherwise, you probably want to actually get off the University exit to get pics of the buildings (hubby grew up there and made me live there for a few years...)

If you're driving on 81 you should be able to get a pic of the Carrier Dome from the highway, otherwise, you probably want to actually get off the University exit to get pics of the buildings (hubby grew up there and made me live there for a few years...)

Newhouse Journalism School to be precise.

We're flying in and out of SYR. It was cheaper, and I can knock off the work thing.

I thought we are going to rally somewhere in the Hippodrome area after 1, and then some will go off to Saturday's line check-in or whatever.
(I'll hang around because the Metro lines will be hopelessly long.)

Immediate post-show meet-ups are fun because everyone is so excited.

My hubby honestly thought we might get lucky and be able to get out of the Hippodrome early...:ohmy: I told him he was nuts! He must have forgotten the long wait we had at Foxboro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom