July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to do red zone for night 1 and keep hoping they will release more tickets, otherwise it's way in the back for me!

I'd love for TM to release more Red Zone tickets as well, but at this stage it's probably too late in the game. Scalpers, perhaps? :sad:

The meetup at 7 p.m. on the 7th at Le Vieux Dublin (The Old Dublin pub)

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Jorge (maybe... if he's not too drunk already)
Mark (Kramwest1) + Heather
Kristen (KristenCaNaDiAn)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Maryann (Zuropa_fit) (if I can find the place, *follows K around* )
Theresa(WildHoney) (i'll stalkfollow Zooey )
Val (secretly alone)
Ingrid (Galeongirl)(I stalk Wild stalking Zu stalking Kristen )
Amy(ryancoke71)(Will be with K because people think we are sisters!
Katie (Katiesheb) +2 (tentative...especially if we do not get stuck on the Champlain Bridge!!)
Sharon (Thora)
Crystal (Ms The Edge) (if still alive after 3 layovers)
Heather (Edmontonhj) and I will maybe have an Edgefest with me. Probably.
Amy (GraceRyan) + 1 very unprepared husband :therethere: (this depends on traffic and whatnot)

redkat +1 or 2 :wave:

Maryann if you use your U.S phone make sure you turn off roaming. Sprint put me on a temp. worldwide plan so I can call, text or use wifi for FREE :), but if I don't turn off the roaming setting she said a 4 day trip could easily cost me $600. You might want to call Verizon to see if they have a similar plan.

Hey, 1A, add yourself to the list officially! The way you got taught in the Socal threads ;)

How is this :grouphug:

The meetup at 7 p.m. on the 7th at Le Vieux Dublin (The Old Dublin pub)

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Jorge (maybe... if he's not too drunk already)
Mark (Kramwest1) + Heather
Kristen (KristenCaNaDiAn)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Maryann (Zuropa_fit) (if I can find the place, *follows K around* )
Theresa(WildHoney) (i'll stalkfollow Zooey )
Val (secretly alone)
Ingrid (Galeongirl)(I stalk Wild stalking Zu stalking Kristen )
Amy(ryancoke71)(Will be with K because people think we are sisters!
Katie (Katiesheb) +2 (tentative...especially if we do not get stuck on the Champlain Bridge!!)
Sharon (Thora)
Crystal (Ms The Edge) (if still alive after 3 layovers)
Heather (Edmontonhj) and I will maybe have an Edgefest with me. Probably.
Amy (GraceRyan) + 1 very unprepared husband (this depends on traffic and whatnot)
kat (redkat) +1 or 2 :wave:

For those arriving to the airport and not willing/not able to pay for cab fare.

These buses can take you from the airport to downtown or to the Hippodrome:

747 - This is a new one, and as the number suggests it stops at the airport and goes to Lionel-Groulx metro(subway) and Berri-Uqam so you can stop at either one, whatever is closer to your hotel.

202 - It stops at Dorval station which is right in front of the airport and it goes to Du College metro station which is 2 stations away from Namur(Hippodrome station).

211 - It also stops at Dorval and it's an express so it goes straight up to Lionel-Groulx metro where you can take the metro to whatever hotel you're at downtown.

The fare is 3 dollars for both metro(subway to our non-montrealer friends) and bus. The STM also has that cute U2 card that is 5 bucks for each day of the show and you can take as many buses and metros as you want.

Well, there is an advantage to being a poor student that can't afford a car, after all... :wink:

Thanks for the help! The Google trip planner thing is suggesting the 460 bus, do you know if that would work, too?

redkat +1 or 2 :wave:

Maryann if you use your U.S phone make sure you turn off roaming. Sprint put me on a temp. worldwide plan so I can call, text or use wifi for FREE :), but if I don't turn off the roaming setting she said a 4 day trip could easily cost me $600. You might want to call Verizon to see if they have a similar plan.

Thanks, Kathie. I called Verizon today and they don't have a plan that really works for a short trip. The monthly "$4.99 and you get all your int'l calls for $0.39/min" plan is only good in Europe- not Canada or Mexico -boo. So $0.69/min and $0.20/txt it is. :shrug: Thanks for lookin' out for me though. Can't wait to see you on Thursday night!

Yeah I guess...anything's tentative: but I'm sort of surprised that they're willing to even suggest 4pm as an option (especially since most shows have been giving a tentative time of 5pm).

Usually for Red Zone, ppl usually line up at 3pm with the expectation of getting in at 5pm or a bit later. But with this recent email, I'm wondering if it'd be better to line up at 2pm or so instead. Anybody else doing Red Zone here?

The shows I've been to, where I could see the Red Zone's line, very few people have lined up before the doors open - maybe 10-15 people.

Again, add they typical 5 C to that for a humidex, and it becomes very uncomfortable. The humidity can get pretty nasty in Montreal.

FTR--I am open to the blue ribbon thing.

Bring on the humidity. If I didn't die in the nasty, hot humid weather we had yesterday while starting to tear down my fence with my nephews, I'll survive Montreal (multiple shirts are a great idea Romi).
NYC may have a/c in their trains, but their stations are hot and humid as hell, so you're more likely to get sick from the temp. change versus just sticking it out with the heat.

So 27C is about 80F, +5C for humidity, that's 89F. Pshaw - that's a cakewalk where I come from. It's been 108F here for the last week or more so 90 will feel great - LOL Although I will freely admit that humidity is a fairly foreign concept *packs extra shirts, extra deodorant and some Body Glide (for those of you non-athletes, get yer mind out of the gutter - it's to prevent chaffing from shoes or clothing when you're wet and sweaty)*

Baltimore was an absolute sauna at 95 and high humidity - even at show time it was hovering in the high 80s-90ish, whereas in Montreal it will be low-mid 70s so it will be refreshing! :D

Baltimore was an absolute sauna at 95 and high humidity - even at show time it was hovering in the high 80s-90ish, whereas in Montreal it will be low-mid 70s so it will be refreshing! :D

Yes...even in Nashville today temps are high but humidity hasn't been. If we get last night's temps for tonight's show it will be :up:

So 27C is about 80F, +5C for humidity, that's 89F. Pshaw - that's a cakewalk where I come from. It's been 108F here for the last week or more so 90 will feel great - LOL Although I will freely admit that humidity is a fairly foreign concept *packs extra shirts, extra deodorant and some Body Glide (for those of you non-athletes, get yer mind out of the gutter - it's to prevent chaffing from shoes or clothing when you're wet and sweaty)*

I have had heatstroke as a kid, so any kind of extreme heat bothers me. We are not accustomed to that kind of temperature here. It happens every so often, but it isn't the norm, and remember, I spend half of my life in the snow!:crack:

^ :yes: I hear you with the snow. We just had our 3rd snowiest winter this past year.

I am hoping for lots of shade somewhere on the site to beat the heat and sun. The sun is my worst enemy...you will probably spot me slapping sunscreen on all day and wearing a sun hat.

^ :yes: I hear you with the snow. We just had our 3rd snowiest winter this past year.

I am hoping for lots of shade somewhere on the site to beat the heat and sun. The sun is my worst enemy...you will probably spot me slapping sunscreen on all day and wearing a sun hat.

I'm bringing a big ass umbrella to the line, and only lining up for night 2. I have a nice posse that is soundboarding it too. Just heard from another acquaintance from Winnipeg that they are soundboarding. Should be fun!:hyper:

Not sure if I am soundboarding or braving it. I just went through the GA tricks and tips thread trying to figure out what to do Friday since I am a U2 GA virgin. Some people have shown up late and got lucky. On the other hand, my husband is a bathroom frequenter and the nurse in me is saying be sure to hydrate frequently so I may be better off by the soundboard. So I may feel like this:panic::panic::panic:on Thursday still. One thing for sure...I am not in GA all day. (My husband's sanity would not be able to handle that).

with the big fan jam they got planned we'll be seeing plenty of these:

toilet.jpg

I'm bringing a big ass umbrella to the line, and only lining up for night 2. I have a nice posse that is soundboarding it too. Just heard from another acquaintance from Winnipeg that they are soundboarding. Should be fun!:hyper:

ooh - I just realized I should have two - one for each night, so I can chuck the 1st one (I'm sorry, Earth!)

I'm doing the same thing. I have 3 air matresses (really cheap ones) and I will be bringing a chair for Toronto, and buying one for the Montreal 2 line up.

My hair will be in a ponytail. Humidity and my hair are not a good combo!:lol:

... and I just depend on the kindness of others. The only line item I'll have with me is sunscreen.

oh, and I have no hair to put into a ponytail. But if I did, that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom