July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not expected to arrive in Montreal until 5:30 on the 7th. After about 24 hrs. of travel. But, I'm sure I'll have it in me to meet up at the pub. I'll pack some energy shots and be good to go. Though I'll probably be a little late.

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Jorge (maybe... if he's not too drunk already)
Mark (Kramwest1) + Heather
Kristen (KristenCaNaDiAn)
Kim (Konakitty) +2

I wonder if we passed this pub on the 5 mile trek in the rain last year :lol:

Our messages must have overlapped so that is

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2

I'll be getting in sometime on Friday, so I'll miss the meetup :(

This'll be my first U2 show (not counting the Obama inauguration) so I'm quite excited - and on my birthday :D

Any advice for a first-timer?

I'll be getting in sometime on Friday, so I'll miss the meetup :(

This'll be my first U2 show (not counting the Obama inauguration) so I'm quite excited - and on my birthday :D

Any advice for a first-timer?

Stay tuned for the location for the meet-up after the first show. We will gather somewhere at the Hippodrome immediately after the first show to say "hi" brag and plan for the second show.

Are you under 19? If so, I guess we need to take that into consideration. Legal drinking age in Canada is 19, though so if you're 19 or older you should be fine.

:huh: Did they change the drinking age recently? I thought the drinking age was 18 in Quebec. Could someone clarify this?

:D
I like wine because I can drink it w/o worry. I can only stomach one beer (maybe 2) in a night.
Love cocktails and will indulge, but I should watch what and how many to some degree.

gotcha - I don't drink beer as it does nothing for me except fill me up. Whiskey straight or gin n tonic, s'il vous plait.

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Maryann (Zuropa_fit) (if I can find the place, *follows K around* )

nice that people are jumping on board. Kim, we passed within half a block of this place on last year's flipflop death march. It's right near Christchurch Cathedral, which if memory serves me right is pretty cool.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Irish Pub :drool:

I'm in :)

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Theresa(WildHoney) (i'll stalkfollow Zooey :shifty:)

zuropa_fit said:
Are you under 19? If so, I guess we need to take that into consideration. Legal drinking age in Canada is 19, though so if you're 19 or older you should be fine.

No, I'm 21 :D One member of our group is 17 though. She should be fine :wink:

I'm in :hyper:

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Val (secretly alone)

nice that people are jumping on board. Kim, we passed within half a block of this place on last year's flipflop death march. It's right near Christchurch Cathedral, which if memory serves me right is pretty cool.

I thought we had passed a few pubs that night. I think I'll utilize the metro this year. But, pack my flipflops just for old time sake.

lol, lies. :wink: Btw, remind me to bring dessert for everyone in line except you. :angry: :cute: :|

Yes, ma'am! Step ladder and all!
:hyper: DESSERTS?

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Val (secretly alone)
Ingrid (Galeongirl)(I stalk Wild stalking Zu stalking Kristen:wink: )

Stay tuned for the location for the meet-up after the first show. We will gather somewhere at the Hippodrome immediately after the first show to say "hi" brag and plan for the second show.

Maybe the group of us could just start the new GA line before the line nazi's? :wink:

regarding the second show. I'm assuming that just like anaheim, there will be a line started the day before the first show. We'll be able to get on the list at that time (and be on both lists at the same time). After the first show we check in, and then go to sleep, and then check in once again at 5 or 6 a.m. on the day of the second show. It worked GREAT in Anaheim.

regarding the second show. I'm assuming that just like anaheim, there will be a line started the day before the first show. We'll be able to get on the list at that time (and be on both lists at the same time). After the first show we check in, and then go to sleep, and then check in once again at 5 or 6 a.m. on the day of the second show. It worked GREAT in Anaheim.

So you mean sign in when you sign in for the first show and then check in once the first show ends?

Or sign onto the list at the end of the second show?

the line for the first show will probably start two days before the first show. The line for the second show will probably start two days before the second show. So you will be able to sign up for the two lines on back to back days. You should not have to sign up for anything after the first show ends. Just check in quick and then go to your hotel to sleep.

This is the way it SHOULD work. It did work, wonderfully, in Anaheim. There may be people who complain about you (me) being in both lines at once. Those people should get overruled when everyone realizes this is best for everyone involved. More sleep, less stress.

Uhm. What the fuck? So the day2 line starts the day BEFORE day1? :huh: What fucked up weirdo started this bullshit? That makes NO sense at all.

The way it SHOULD work is that the line for the first show starts early morning the day of the first show. Or perhaps a few die hards staying overnight. And everyone stays in line, but can go to the hotel every few hours to shower and sleep and everything, as long as they check with the people around them.
I understand you guys have a different system where you can leave and stuff. But 2 days in advance? :| If that's the case, fuck that bullshit. I'm doing soundboard. 2 days in advance is all kinds of WRONG.

the line for the first show will probably start two days before the first show. .

This comment will not be the least bit constructive but... C'mon! I know this is what happens but every friggin' time it surprises and annoys me. Really ppl? Don't they/you/we have other things we could be doing for TWO DAYS?

*goes back to being excited about the PLEBA party*

At all the 2011 concerts I have been to so far, I have not had to be in line at all until the morning of the show itself.

Again, I'm not the guy running the line. I'm only saying how it will probably be. Carry on.

^^ Yeah. That's why I took my original post down. I'm hoping GG will delete her quote of me!

I guess the best thing is to just check how things are going ahead of time. I don't want to criticize Montreal, but somehow, I can't imagine line-up being organized here like it was in Anaheim. It seems unlikely to me that a list/numbering/way ahead of time system would work here. I think people are kind of disorganized here. Just sayin'. Don't take my words as a given though because I've never been to a U2 show in MTL to compare past experiences.

Roman (Romi)
Michelle (U2Mama) + 3?
Laura (Lauramullen)
Paul (paulrg)
Kim (Konakitty) +2
Val (secretly alone)
Ingrid (Galeongirl)(I stalk Wild stalking Zu stalking Kristen:wink: )
Amy(ryancoke71)(Will be with K because people think we are sisters!:shifty:)

I personally think that with the check-in system, it works out great even if the line starts days in advance. It's not like we have to sit our butts there the whole time. That might be a little bit different.

zuropa_fit said:
I reiterate, Feel free to duct tape yourself to me as long as you can run like a bat out of hell.

:lol: I like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom