July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy you must be freaking out over game 7 :wink:

Ummm, yes!:hyper:

Losing it in 6 would have not been good! Tonight's game should be a great one. My family did yell A LOT last night!!:wink: So proud of my team and my fav player that everyone wrote off last year. There's nothing like proving the haters wrong!:love:

"Don't discount Toronto as an absolutely fantastic city to spend time in. July 1 is Canada Day, and that Jays game (and the city 'vibe') is going to be really patriotic and really fun. They have some absolutely incredible fireworks down on the lake, and the festival of tall ships at the harbour. I can tell you all kinds of things about Toronto and give all kinds of suggestions about things to do if you let me know what you are in to. I've gone there so often that I know the downtown area like the back of my hand, my husband is from there is well.

I'm a bit confused on your timeline though - would you just be spending one day in Toronto (1st) and then the 10/11/12 for the Toronto show, and Montreal from the 2-9? I'd consider going to Montreal on possibly the 3rd or 4th, that way you'll split your time between cities.

As well, look at this airline to fly in/out of Montreal from Toronto. It leaves from the downtown airport (Billy Bishop) which is ultra convenient if you are staying in downtown Toronto. Just note that if you were to fly out of Pearson (YYZ) that the cost of a taxi each way is $50-$60 so if you can get a flight out of Billy Bishop that's the way to go.

Porter Airlines

I'll be on the 10am flight back to Toronto on the Sunday morning.

Note-Air Canada also flies out of Billy Bishop too, the airport code you need is YTZ."

Would I be better off going to the Jays game on Friday or Saturday if I want to see some of the festivities. The flight round trip to Montreal is expensive. The taxes make it double! I had a suggestion to go to Quebec city so 7/1 and 10-12 may have to be it for Toronto. I want to spend more time in Montreal as I'm less likely to return there than Toronto. It's only a 4 hr drive from Detroit. The costs are adding up and i'm trying to figure out how not to exhaust my self money wise and physically with this trip.

sweet!
One trip at a time for me, but as soon as my anaheim trip is over I'll be super-excited for this one.:hyper:

Guess what Mark and Kristin...we see U2 THIS month!!!!:hyper::applaud::happydance::cabbagepatch::panic:

Can I haz Montreal quickly? I really want to meet my girls already....:crack:

I think i'm going to pass on Toronto. I went to Arcade Fire last week and did pit and I only waited in line since 5pm. I was really tired at the end. I don't think I have it in me to do 3 shows in 4 nights. Passing on Toronto also gives me an extra night I can spend in Quebec City.

If you got tired waiting in line for only two hours before the doors opened....... back to back shows in Montreal will be pretty hard.

I wasn't really tired as much as I was impatient. I dunno, I did back to back Chicago but for the 2nd show I got there at 7pm. I feel like I get diminishing returns when I do that many shows in a short time.

That's part of the reason I like to be back by the soundboard--less pressure, less tiring.

It's fun to be close, but I like taking in the whole show, too.

The shows are an afterthought for me, really. I'm excited for them for sure, but my girls are the main attraction.:love: As long as I see them, whether it be in line or elsewhere, it will be an amazing time. If I'm too tired after Montreal one, then I will go later for Montreal 2. However, I'm so thankful that Toronto now falls after Montreal. It gives us more time as a group!:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom