July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!:wave:

I apologize in advance for the long post! I am going to the Montreal show on July 8th with my best friend and 3 sisters. We all have GA's, and are driving from Barrie, ON (about 7 hours away). I was just wondering if I could get some advice regarding a few things as I'm the one left to organize the trip lol.

-We want to get a great spot, so we are all planning on camping out (if it is allowed) if not, then what would be the best time to arrive in line? Also, I noticed that there is no parking at the venue, so my question is will there be parking lots available off site? We were hoping to be able to drop our blankets, etc.. off in the car before heading into the concert.

-Hotels: If we can camp out the night before, we won't need one until the 8th. My question is, where is the best place to get a hotel? Walking distance would be great, but if we have to drive a bit, that's okay as well.

-Cameras: Are you allowed a camera into this venue? I have a small point and shoot as well as the Olympus Pen E-PL1. I would love to bring my Olympus as it shoots beautifully, but also wouldn't want it taken away.

I apologize again for the long post, but I would appreciate any advice that could be given. We're huge U2 fans, and cannot wait for this show!!

Laura

:wave: I'm coming from Barrie as well. I'm driving down and doing GA at both shows. A couple of friends of mine are taking the train from TO, but they're not doing GA. I'm staying at the Quality Inn Midtown, which looks like it's pretty close. They still have some rooms available but require a minimum of 2 nights stay. I camped out for the second Toronto show last time, and I was 26th in line and got centre of the outer rail. At Boston 1, I showed up at 5pm and got outside of the Red Zone on Edge's side (I had a cold and didn't want to line up all day lol). As for the cameras, last time in Boston and New Jersey I had my Canon Powershot that doesn't have a detachable lens, and they had no problems with it.
Hope this helps!

I wish Lisa would post that butt shot in here that she posted in the Anaheim thread...

:whistle:

252809_2086365244659_1411014365_2405422_7717931_n.jpg

I was on a 4-day weekend, otherwise, I'd have gotten the package here sooner. :kiss:

:sits back & waits to see who's the first to run with the "package" comment... :evil:

That beautiful picture needs to be on every page of this thread.

*squeeze*

:shifty:

*pours more estrogen on the fire*

:ohmy: :drool:

And in other news...the evenko facebook feed said something about the press checking out the Hippodrome today. Hopefully they'll post another video!

I went to check the Hippodrome this afternoon, and I was happily surprised to see that it is easily accessible via the metro. All you have to do is go out at Namur station, and it's a 5 minutes walk, no more. Actually, it's very likely that the Claw will be visible as soon as you exit the station.
I couldn't take pictures because of the strong winds that blew over Montreal today, but the end product should look a bit like CANAD Inns Stadium in Winnipeg.
I'll keep you all updated as the Claw makes its way in there !

I went to check the Hippodrome this afternoon, and I was happily surprised to see that it is easily accessible via the metro. All you have to do is go out at Namur station, and it's a 5 minutes walk, no more. Actually, it's very likely that the Claw will be visible as soon as you exit the station.
I couldn't take pictures because of the strong winds that blew over Montreal today, but the end product should look a bit like CANAD Inns Stadium in Winnipeg.

just out of curiousity, how long of a ride is the namur station from downtown (old montreal district)?

I can't wait for this show. Lining up for the 8th. For the 9th....entering at regular time.

what did they say the capacity was? 80K? perhaps they used the bleachers from the grand prix de montreal.

i'll probably get there for 5pm with my wife, and hover around the VIP section.

hey guys:)

Me and my friend are big U2 fans from MTL and we can't wait to see them (seriouly, we bought the tickets almost two years ago!)

We have GA tickets and it will be our first GA experience

so I have a question

when do we arrive if

-we want a EXCELLENT SPOT (I guess we need to sleep there)
-we want a great spot
-we want a good spot
-we want a ok spot

if you get there at 3pm, you should have no problem getting an excellent spot at the outer ring, or anywhere on the field. be there at the crack of dawn for a spot inside the ring.

For Montreal, it is hard to say. I expect that there will be people camping out for a few days for that one, so I am getting there very early on the 8th, and just hoping to get into the pit.

:applaud:Thank you!!! I am looking forward to more of your posts!!!

if you get there at 3pm, you should have no problem getting an excellent spot at the outer ring, or anywhere on the field. be there at the crack of dawn for a spot inside the ring.

That's not true, necessarily. If you don't care where you are in the ring, you can show up mid afternoon. I know plenty of people who waltz in to the inner ring either by getting into line mid afternoon or even showing up right when the gates open up at 5:30 or so.

Did we ever figure out how many GA's were sold for these shows? I remember it coming up a thread or 2 (or 3!) ago but I don't think we ever got the official number :hmm:

^ Just checked the Evenko site. They updated their Events Page. 80,000 people are expected at each show...:ohmy: Weren't we guessing between 40,000 and 50,000???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom