July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are a bit confused. By a tailgate party... they mean us. A couple of vans from local radio will show up and set up tents where they give out stickers and keychains.

No, I am not confused at all. That is exactly what I thought. They are trying to get everyone to show up early, not just the GAers.

The pic came up when I search for "redneck tailgate." :lol:

Parking lot party, etc.

tailgating.jpg

Although, yes, now that I read it, how do you have a tailgate party w/o cars?

Canadians :tsk:

:wink:

Last edited:
They should choose another name though. Tailgate party doesn't work.

Don't worry GG. The Hippodrome is in a huge area, and we will be in line, like you said!:hug:

So there's NO parking at the venue and yet they have a tailgate party, in other words, party with/at your car?? That makes no sense, especially given the amount of parking space apparent from google maps pictures.

So, what is it, parking or no parking? How much can you take in supplies on the subway or bus?

^^I was just thinking the same thing...where is everybody supposed to put their GA stuff before the show starts if you can't bring a car? I really hope the metro will be able handle these crowds!

So there's NO parking at the venue and yet they have a tailgate party, in other words, party with/at your car?? That makes no sense, especially given the amount of parking space apparent from google maps pictures.

So, what is it, parking or no parking? How much can you take in supplies on the subway or bus?

If you click the link I posted earlier and look around, it says no parking.

ETA: http://u2.evenko.ca/en/travel-info

I have a feeling public transit is going to turn into a nightmare! What I bring to the GA line I am ditching at the gate.

I didn't go all the way to the bottom of the page, oops. That's a drag - changes some plans - can't stash our stuff in our car and will have to subway/bus/taxi our way there. *sigh*

I didn't know either until I read it last night. That is why I posted it, so people in this thread would have a heads up!:D There is a Walmart nearby that might have some supplies left. I think getting back after the shows is going to be Chaos!!!

I was going to book a hotel on Cote de Liesse and it'll be a nightmare getting there and (especially) back. Lots of walking who knows where. Perhaps I'll look for a more direct place to stay, even though as the crow flies it's close.

We are staying at the Quality Inn Midtown, which is a good walk away, but not impossible, and there are still rooms available!

Nothing could be worse than trying to get out of Foxboro ( 6 miles in 3 hours in a car :grumpy::crack: ) Thank god poor Cari who was driving stayed awake as the rest of us had fallen asleep. :reject: Or Athens which took me until 2am to get to bed thanks to huge metro queues. :crack: Thank god we are in walking distance. :love:

Tailgate party on the show dates!!!

News U2 360� Tour

For those who are not staying by the stadium, remember that there is NO parking at the venue. The reason they are having this tailgate party is to encourage people to arrive early. Public transit is going to be a nightmare!:crack: So glad Kristen got us a great location!:hyper:

Welcome to the party funky! So far, there doesn't seem to be a meet up planned!

GA is going to be a MADHOUSE. Since public transport will be a nightmare close to showtime, people who have GA will probably be much more inclined to queue earlier. :panic:

:reject: What on earth is a tailgate party?

Best answer to that question. :lol: Ahhh America...

What I bring to the GA line I am ditching at the gate.

Definitely. Since it's about a half hour walk from the hotel I don't see myself treking back and forth, so looks like no comfy mat for me. Guess I'll buy something cheap at Wal Mart to keep myself from becoming part of the pavement :crack: I'm so glad that Wal Mart is there, especially for bathroom purposes. I hope it's open late...

You know there will be people that go from the first night's show right into the GA line for the second night.

Hardcore, baby!

:shifty:

We are staying at the Quality Inn Midtown, which is a good walk away, but not impossible, and there are still rooms available!
I think the hotel you're looking at is on Cote de Liesse (520). We stayed at the Park Inn last year and it's tricky getting around on foot. There are a good number of hotels on this street and I figured you can take the 202 bus to the metro station du college and thus to near the hippodrome.

I wonder if you could get away with parking your car at the Wal-Mart and adjoining mall for the day/evening without it getting towed away. That could be an option.

I think the hotel you're looking at is on Cote de Liesse (520). We stayed at the Park Inn last year and it's tricky getting around on foot. There are a good number of hotels on this street and I figured you can take the 202 bus to the metro station du college and thus to near the hippodrome.

A friend checked it out this summer for us and said it was good. Good luck with your plans!!

a few questions for the masses:

is there any news of extra trains running to the namur station before and after the shows?

how long of a subway ride is it from old montreal to namur?

anyone know how far of a walk it is from the train station to the hippodrome? looks like it's only a couple of minutes. :)

I wonder if you could get away with parking your car at the Wal-Mart and adjoining mall for the day/evening without it getting towed away. That could be an option.

Didn't someone post last year that they were shutting down the businesses and streets surrounding the Hippodrome?

The pic came up when I search for "redneck tailgate." :lol:

Parking lot party, etc.

tailgating.jpg

Although, yes, now that I read it, how do you have a tailgate party w/o cars?

Canadians :tsk:

:wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

I really hope the metro will be able handle these crowds!

Nothing could be worse than trying to get out of Foxboro ( 6 miles in 3 hours in a car :grumpy::crack: )

^If I remember right, 2.5 hours to get out of the parking lot for us :crack:!!!

I am hoping that they will have extended metro hours at the Namur station or special shuttles that will go into downtown. Otherwise, I am thinking we may have to have a post-concert tailgate party at the Hippodrome...:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom