July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Mark is going to that show, and he likes to remind us of that fact A LOT!!!!:huh::wink:

Have nooooo idea what the weather will be like so have no idea what to pack!

The last time I was in Montreal for Vertigo it was the coldest I had ever been in my life!

Will I be too hot in jeans? Will I be too cold in shorts and tshirt? Arghhh! Decisions!

When we were in Montreal last July for our NON-U2 trip (couldn't cancel hotel) it was so hot we took one whole day and went to a big waterpark called Super Aqua Club. We also had a thunderstormy day, too that was cooler, so it's anyone's guess. I hope the weather is perfect after this long, long, long wait!

I'm taking jeans and my 3/4th pants. perhaps one boardshort in case it's really hot. I was thinking of bringing some fold up poncho's for possible rain. I seem to attract rain while waiting in GA lines, so I don't want to risk having to walk around with a flag around me arse all day again while my pants dry. :crack: that wasn't fun, but thank god I carried that flag!

Same here, though I'm not bringing the airbeds, they're too heavy I reckon. :hmm: But I could, they're still on sale for 3 euros so that's neat.

Just booked flights to come to Montreal. Now I need to find tickets - I sold my GAs months ago when it looked like it would be impossible to make it.
:hyper:

Just booked flights to come to Montreal. Now I need to find tickets - I sold my GAs months ago when it looked like it would be impossible to make it.

I definitely have an extra GA for Friday's show for you. Will know within the next day or two about the extra ticket for Saturday's show. I get into Montreal on Thursday morning so can meet you anytime after then or at the venue. I will pm you my details.

I definitely have an extra GA for Friday's show for you. Will know within the next day or two about the extra ticket for Saturday's show. I get into Montreal on Thursday morning so can meet you anytime after then or at the venue.

Thanks so much :applaud: that really is great news!

I'm getting into Montreal on Wednesday evening so could definitely meet up sometime on Thursday if that suits.

It is Canada, so I'll pack jeans, capris and shorts. :lol: I'll bring my U2 hoodie and another one too.

I'm not packing many pants, so I hope I won't really need them!

Also, has anyone ever worn a sundress in GA? Is that a bad idea?I probably wouldn't in Canada but I was wondering if I could pull it off should it be brutally hot somewhere, but I'm not really into having an underwear-showing incident :lol:

I MAY have an extra night 2 GA, depending on if the Canada Post strike releases the mail they've been holding hostage since their labour dispute. The ticket is in my city, and its last step is to just get from the main post office to my house.

I will let you know what happens but I leave for the US and my next round of shows on June 24...

Have nooooo idea what the weather will be like so have no idea what to pack!

The last time I was in Montreal for Vertigo it was the coldest I had ever been in my life!

Will I be too hot in jeans? Will I be too cold in shorts and tshirt? Arghhh! Decisions!

Likelihood of it being cold in Montreal in July is next to nil. It's usually hot as hell.

I'd recommend to just wear shorts and a t-shirt and maybe bring some pants and a light hoodie or rain jacket in a backpack. And sunscreen, DO NOT FORGET. I can't get used to how strong the sun is in Montreal, in only 2 hours of exposure at like 3pm you can get seriously burnt.

I MAY have an extra night 2 GA, depending on if the Canada Post strike releases the mail they've been holding hostage since their labour dispute. The ticket is in my city, and its last step is to just get from the main post office to my house.

I will let you know what happens but I leave for the US and my next round of shows on June 24...

Thanks. :wave:

At least if we're unwashed we might clear the pit out :lol:

Does Walmart do cheap cheap tents?? :uhoh:

True :lol:

Yep they should. Amy and I are going shopping there today. I'll look for ya. The tent I bought is like a weapon. It's a pop-up tent and as soon as you take the strap off it just flys out and opens :wink: I'm gonna need some help folding it back together though. I had two people helping me when I first opened it and we could barely get it back together :lol:

This is the one I bought:

YouTube - ‪Broadstone Pop-up Tent‬‏

I vote go late for Montreal 1 so we are rested, and line up for Montreal 2. We can sleep on the train to Toronto, so we will have that time to relax and recover. I am serioulsy hoping that they do in Montreal what has been done at other shows, and just have people sign in and check in at 6 am. In Winnipeg they didn't do this for us, but they did for others!:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom