July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Hippodrome is near the subway?

I'm going to be in Montreal all by myself (travelling from the Maritimes) and although I'm not that concerned about getting there I'm a bit concerned about thousands and thousands of people trying to find a cab after the concert. But if the Hippodrome is near the subway, that should take care of travelling to and from the concert.

From the evenko website:
Public transportation

The best way to get to the U2 360° MONTREAL site is by public transportation.

Metro: The closest Metro station to U2 360° MONTREAL is Namur, on the orange line. Plamondon and De la Savane station will also bring you to within a reasonable walking distance from the site.
Please stay tuned!

By Car

The U2 360° MONTREAL site will NOT be accessible by car and has no parking available. It will NOT be possible to access the site by car.

Maybe we're better off lining up for the 2nd night after the first show, rather than trying to get back to the hotel. :crack: Public transport sounds like a nightmare for so many people.

Maybe we're better off lining up for the 2nd night after the first show, rather than trying to get back to the hotel. :crack: Public transport sounds like a nightmare for so many people.

We are within walking distance, so that means you are too!:wink:

Oh you're right. :D

Well then perhaps we could still do the sleepover line up, and take turns taking a shower and short nap every hour or so? :hmm:

I was wondering yesterday if it would be possible to slip out of line around 2 or 3 for a quick shower. That way I could spend all morning looking like utter crap and getting all sweaty and blehhh, and just change into more concert-worthy clothes a couple of hours before they let us in (and feel nice and refreshed!).

It is a 20 minute walk each way. It isn't a hotel where you would go back often. I am sure we will be taking turns in line though. The weather itself will dictate how long I will line up for. If I am lining up all day when it is 90 outside, I won't enjoy the concert at all, and probably wouldn't make it through.

It is a 20 minute walk each way. It isn't a hotel where you would go back often. I am sure we will be taking turns in line though. The weather itself will dictate how long I will line up for. If I am lining up all day when it is 90 outside, I won't enjoy the concert at all, and probably wouldn't make it through.

We totally need a giant one of these!
51W31XDYDBL._SL380_.jpg

Or a bunch of dudes to fan us with palm fronds. (Google Images totally let me down on this one.)

I finally have my babysitting plans all worked out (I was a little nervous for awhile, but Grandma came through :heart:)

So who wants to meet up on Thursday? We could always do a before dinner happy hour type gathering so people who are lining up early don't have to worry about a late night.

That tent is not even a bad idea if ti's gonna be really hot. I can't stand sun and get burned quickly, so that'd be neat! :D

A meetup would be nice, having dinner with everyone or something.

this is getting close, and the numbers are scaring me.

what to do, what to do......

I'd like to meet up the night before the show. But, it doesn't look like I'll be getting into Montreal until about 5:30. But, I'm not planning on lining up so, I won't have an early bedtime.

The one I posted is like $20 at Target, but I'm sure other stores have something similar!

I'm going to try to ebay up one of those little mister fans you always see at Disney World. They're maaaaagical when it's hot! (Note to self- make sure you can actually afford the trip before you start buying stuff for it.)

My brother and sister in law might have one for the baby. I should ask them.

this is getting close, and the numbers are scaring me.

what to do, what to do......

come hang out with us in the back...it'll be fun:dancing:

I'd like to meet up the night before the show. But, it doesn't look like I'll be getting into Montreal until about 5:30. But, I'm not planning on lining up so, I won't have an early bedtime.

mason jar drinks :weekend:

"The giant inflatable spider legs that span the stage must be anchored in cement casings that are being built now, with the concert still a month away, he noted."

What the hell are they talking about???

:giggle: sounds like the claw is now a giant bouncy house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom