July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up with this thread, so I'll just run in, say 'Hey! See everyone next month! Yay!' and get the heck out. :wink:

I may just show up at 5pm and soundboard it where I have great seats for my other two shows - and the sound and light show will be amazing from back there

See, that's it. It's fun to see the guys up close, but it is a hell of a show when you get to see the entire stage and the crowd.

I guess it helps to not have the PLEBA gene.
:wink:

Shit, reading all of this is making me hyperventilate.

We must gird our loins and JUST DO IT.

:lol:

Glad we're getting in early.

40,000!!! on the floor. Oh, my. And only 2500 get in the pit? I'll probably soundboard it. I don't think I have the lineup all day gene in me. Especially if the weather is like it was last year. I might see how the first night goes and then decide about the second night. With those sort of numbers it would suck to lineup all day and not have a good spot. I got my good spot for Seattle so, I'm just going to have fun now.

Considering how the GA politics have been this tour in North America (at least on the second leg) I don't think there will be people lining up 2 days ahead of the show. It depends on the city of course, but weren't there signs in some American cities saying people couldn't line up before X time?

In Toronto 2009 (well, i went to the second night) there were people who lined up since 12am the day of and were next to me in line (I arrived at 6am) they were like 10-16 and I was 200 and something. IN the end, many people are pushers. Plus the stage is huge so there's a lot of places that you can go and reach a fence.

Either way, I play a show the 7th in the evening and after finishing my band's set I'm heading straight up to line. So if you see a girl with a guitar on you know who it is. After the end of the first night I'm going straight up to line again. Basically, it seems like I won't be sleeping in a bed for 2 days. Sounds epic :D

40,000!!! on the floor. Oh, my. And only 2500 get in the pit? I'll probably soundboard it. I don't think I have the lineup all day gene in me. Especially if the weather is like it was last year. I might see how the first night goes and then decide about the second night. With those sort of numbers it would suck to lineup all day and not have a good spot. I got my good spot for Seattle so, I'm just going to have fun now.

:applaud: I'm so happy you're coming! You guys should hang out with us...It's highly unlikely that we'll be lining up early

Considering how the GA politics have been this tour in North America (at least on the second leg) I don't think there will be people lining up 2 days ahead of the show.

The line for Oakland started Sunday....the show is Tuesday :ohmy:

I think that tall people should just be onstage then!:wink:

If we create enough hysteria, everyone will think it will be a waste of time to line up, and we will have no problems!!!:lol:

40K on the floor? Chris on a cracker. Sort of wish I had tickets to the second show so I line up while everyone is inside. :shifty:

Does anyone know if the Hippodrome is near the subway?

I'm going to be in Montreal all by myself (travelling from the Maritimes) and although I'm not that concerned about getting there I'm a bit concerned about thousands and thousands of people trying to find a cab after the concert. But if the Hippodrome is near the subway, that should take care of travelling to and from the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom