July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the public transit information site as well and it has been updated. Looks like the only way to get to the site will be with the metro and the only way to get out will be either shuttle busses or the Metro. You will be able to purchase a special U2 transit pass so you can get to the concert site quickly and also leave the site quickly.

subnet said:
me thinks the same sort of bagel in montreal can be had in new yawk, or yonkers

:lol: Reason I asked is because I've never had a 'real' bagel outside of NY...they're always strangely bread-y and more like the kind you buy in the frozen food section. So I should try a Montreal one!

U2Mama said:
:ohmy:So basically U2 is taking over Montreal! I cannot wait!:hyper:

:rockon:

U2Mama said:
Oh and I really love the special U2 metro cards they're making us :heart:

I'll keep that forever :lol:

ryancoke71 said:
:shifty: I need more leather, STAT!!!!:shifty:

mexico-city-2.jpg

:whistle:

Here's the link for the public transportation site...

U2 - STM

Thinking about all those on people on the metro at the same time makes me a little :panic:

I agree!!! I am getting Foxboro flashbacks just thinking about it!!! Like I said before, there may have to be a post tailgate party...

Oh and I really love the special U2 metro cards they're making us :heart:

Me too!!! I want one!!!:hyper:

Maybe we should look into getting these special passes as soon as we get into town.

Okay, so after much whining I am going to Montreal. This show has been a labor of love for sure. I'm looking into hotel rooms now. Believe it or not there are ton left. I'm thinking of staying near the hotel because it seems closer to the venue than downtown.

Advice needed

Hello hello,

I am trying to find a hotel in Montreal and I was wondering if anyone can recommend any hotels - not too pricy? What areas are good for shopping, sight seeing etc.? My friend, who is travelling with me, is not a U2 fan and therefore not coming to the shows. She needs something to do while I am in U2 mode:D

I am thinking of trying price line. Good or bad idea:up::down:?

Hello hello,

I am trying to find a hotel in Montreal and I was wondering if anyone can recommend any hotels - not too pricy? What areas are good for shopping, sight seeing etc.? My friend, who is travelling with me, is not a U2 fan and therefore not coming to the shows. She needs something to do while I am in U2 mode:D

I am thinking of trying price line. Good or bad idea:up::down:?

I use Hotwire all the time for great deals. You can check out the area you wanna stay in and then book a hotel there.

Priceline is good for deals too and you actually get to see the name of the hotel before you book, Hotwire you don't.

Maybe book somewhere near Old Montreal so she has something to do during the show. It's really pretty down there, lots of sightseeing. Are you taking public transit to the show??

Old Montreal is beautiful. We couldn't cancel our room last summer (thanks, Hotwire) and were sort of forced to sightsee Montreal. Go see the Basillica, the Science Centre, and just the atmosphere of all the old buildings.

I went cheap and booked one of the airport area hotels. We booked the Days Inn on Cote Vertu which is a straight bus ride and then a straight Metro ride on the Orange line to the Hippodrome, Old Montreal, downtown, e.t.c. Cote Vertu is a shopping area, too - big mall, cinemas, restaurants, e.t.c.

Good luck and have fun.

KristenCaNaDiAn & Billy Rotten,

Thanks for the advice. I might give either Hotwire or Priceline a go and see if I can find somewhere near Old Montreal. I am taking public transit to the show which should be alright from that part of the city, right?

I was in Montreal about 15 years ago, but I don't remember much other than the undergound mall and the Bio Dome :ohmy:. But I am looking forward to returning to the city and to seeing U2 again (will be show number 12 and 13 this tour)

:ohmy: 40 000 on the floor - I REALLY hope that they have great security at the Hippodrome and that they are prepared and well organized!!

I can't go through another Rome experience:angry:

It could get ugly. Just preparing myself. 40000 mad dashing for GA spots...:crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom