July 8th and 9th-Hippodrome-Montreal-Part 6 (PLEBA warning)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should come see Thunder Bay sometime. The drive between Duluth and the border is known worldwide for the beautiful scenery right along the shores of Lake Superior. :love:It is breathtaking. We never complain about being bored on the drive.

Definitely. I've only been up the North Shore as far as Tettegouche State Park. I'd like to see Thunder Bay and Isle Royale, too. I am going to start taking sailing classes this summer, hopefully in late August on Superior. Eventually, I'd like to have a sailboat on Superior (5 year plan).

BTW--I almost drowned in Lake Superior when I was about 4 years old. :ohmy:
But, I've always loved the lake and swimming.

(As far as the North Shore goes, Gooseberry Falls State Park is beautiful and worth a visit.)

Vancouver is the most beautiful city I have ever seen.:drool: I lived there for 2 years, and I still miss it. Toronto is fun, but very industrialized. However, there is so much to see and do. From what I have heard about Montreal, it is the perfect blend of city and greenspace. It seems very beautiful.

So far, my favorite city on Earth is Sydney, Australia, which is like a warm-weather Vancouver. (Vancouver is in the running for 2nd place).

My plan for Montreal is seeing you guys, seeing U2, walking around the city, taking a river cruise and eating. I am looking forward to it all.

So far, my favorite city on Earth is Sydney, Australia, which is like a warm-weather Vancouver. (Vancouver is in the running for 2nd place).

My plan for Montreal is seeing you guys, seeing U2, walking around the city, taking a river cruise and eating. I am looking forward to it all.

Too funny, I have always said it is a toss up for me between Sydney and Vancouver, but Vancover's combination of the mountains and the ocean gives it the slight edge. The harbour in Sydney is truly beautiful. I have family there, so a return trip is in my plans. The Great Ocean road in Australia has some of the most gorgeous scenery ever.

Gooseberry Falls is beautiful.:love: There are so many nice places to stop along that road. Grand Marais is a beautiful little town that we go to quite often just to relax.

A river cruise? :hmm: That sounds interesting! That would be fun to do on a nice summer afternoon. :)

I live in Vancouver, and approve of all the love it's getting from everyone. :D

Mark's mention of a river cruise got my attention as well. I might have to look into that!

Vancouver!:love::love::love:

In addition to having a friend with GA's for the second night, I also have a friend with an extra GA for the first night. Just sayin'.....

YES. :drool: Which is why it's safe for me in the summer. :heart:

Thank you, U2, for playing Canada in the summer. I would still wait outside for you in the winter, but I would probably end up severely damaged in some way.

:lol:

:lol:

Good thing there's a Timmies right near the Hippodrome. Maybe that old man will be there again and randomly tell us the difference between a hockey sweater and hockey jersey :shifty: :wink:

In addition to having a friend with GA's for the second night, I also have a friend with an extra GA for the first night. Just sayin'.....

I expect people posting in here to already have tickets to the shows. Perhaps it's more useful to post a thread in the What do you have/want section?

Mark what kind of river cruise is this? :hmm: It sounds interesting.

I really like that you put meeting us peeps first!:wink:

Could you post a link to that cruise? That might be something for us girls to do later Wednesday, or Thursday.

I really like that you put meeting us peeps first!:wink:

Could you post a link to that cruise? That might be something for us girls to do later Wednesday, or Thursday.

Exactly what I was thinking! :D Depending on where you get in it could be paired with the Notre Dame and Biosphere visits. They're both near the river too.

Exactly what I was thinking! :D Depending on where you get in it could be paired with the Notre Dame and Biosphere visits. They're both near the river too.

Thinking the same thing! Scary thought!:shifty: Old Montreal is right there as well. That could be our sightseeing day right there.

Thanks for the link Mark!:D

GG, want to do it? The price is reasonable! The pics on that link look great. We could do the one hour cruise! The 2:30 time would work out! One of the pics shows a roller coaster. :shifty:

That looks really pretty! I'm up for it :love:

The roller coaster is from the six flags park. :shifty: That's north on the same island as the biosphere is. Not that I checked that with Jem or something....

I've been looking at it too!:shifty:

So, you'll do the cruise even if the others don't want to? It would be a chance to get some great pics. It is only an hour, so not too much time out of our day.

Are we there yet???:hyper:

Well if you want to do it, I'm up for it. :sexywink:

It looks really pretty, and it's close to my nerdy heaven. Which, coincidentally, can be seen on the first picture on that website. :love: This must be meant to be!

Oh and it also says this
Journey to the heart of
the St. Lawrence
:wink: I know a couple of girls who would like to get close to the heart of a certain mr Lawrence...

I think the 8th would work the best for me for the day cruise. It looks like it's only 1 km from the Embassy Suites. :up:
You folks will be in the GA line. :shrug:
I'll get to the Hippodrome after the cruise and maybe see you guys in line.

You are arriving a day late Mark!:sad: We are doing our sightseeing on the 7th, arriving at noon on the 6th.

GG, I noticed your nerdy heaven in those pics too! It's a date!:love:

If anyone else wants to join us, let me know and I can make reservations!

Shop around a little. I'm sure I just found it via Google and have no idea how the reviews are.
It does look good though.

I've seen a couple that are similarly priced, so I don't know which I'll end up choosing. That one looks the nicest out of the ones I've looked at so far, but we'll see. :) It's still months away, so I have plenty of time to figure things out closer to the date.

You are arriving a day late Mark!:sad: We are doing our sightseeing on the 7th, arriving at noon on the 6th.

GG, I noticed your nerdy heaven in those pics too! It's a date!:love:

If anyone else wants to join us, let me know and I can make reservations!
:love: Zomg I got my very first Canadian date!

The site says that you don't need to make reservations, but I'm not entirely sure how safe that is. :lol: So it sounds like a good idea to get them anyway.

Remember, we have to get more than Romi. We have a bet!:shifty:

Need a hand? I shot my 4gig memory card full on my German U2 trip. That was five days. :wink: I'm going to buy an 8gig before this trip. Just to be sure.

Who can take the most pics..you in?:shifty:

OMG, I can't even imagine some of the pics that we are going to have after this trip!:ohmy:

:love: Zomg I got my very first Canadian date!

The site says that you don't need to make reservations, but I'm not entirely sure how safe that is. :lol: So it sounds like a good idea to get them anyway.

Our date is a foursome, with Kristen and Wild. I am sure more will join!:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom