July 6th 2010 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philly to Chicago is still 260, trying to wait it out alittle

I thought airfare prices are supposed to jump up as the flight date gets nearer? Or is that just a myth?:scratch:

I've already booked my flights to Seattle and Philly- both for well over $300 for roundtrip. I was anxious that the airlines would jack up the prices as time goes on.

My day just got AMAZING. Tickets came in the mail! Now just gotta figure a way to get to ChiTown

I just picked up a couple of tix to Soldier Field, it'll be my fourth time there in nine months!

Southwest prices from Philly to Chicago finally dropped! $165 round trip.

Can't wait for! Hopefully seeing a Cubs game in full Phillies attire.

what hotel is everyone staying at? I am trying to figure out where to stay. Haven't been there before.. And *cough* can't stay at the Park Hyatt so don't suggest that... lol

so how does the GA line work out in Chicago? what time did everyone meet in the a.m.? I'm staying at my cousins who is like 10 minutes from the stadium.

are we allowed to tailgate in line? boston was corny and i started to drink and felt like an ass when I was the only one at 8am drinking and the security guard sayed "we will not tolerate any drinking on the property"

They threatened to arrest anyone on the premises prior to 6am... and would not honor any sort of wrist band system folks tried to organize.

I took a taxi over around 5:45 and by the time I found the line, I was probably about 150-200 back. I still got a great spot on the side of the stage in front. I could have easily gotten center stage around middle of pack. That's my target this time. That's where the action is!

^ Do you mean they wouldn't honor the system of getting the numbers the night before and returning the next morning? Or was it like, you couldn't leave the line at all?

:|

Right. Did no good to get #s the night before. We were hanging around outside for the soundcheck the night before and got numbers. The next morning was basically a free for all. Now, having said that, there may have been some organization under cover so to speak. I'm guessing folks met earlier in the morning (3 or 4am) then walked over together and formed the line.

what hotel is everyone staying at? I am trying to figure out where to stay. Haven't been there before.. And *cough* can't stay at the Park Hyatt so don't suggest that... lol

As said, the Travelodge is cheap. Don't count on getting a good night's sleep since it's very close to the EL train but I figured I'd only be there a few hours over the 2 nights. I stayed there in September last year and it fit the bill. There's a pizza hut, dunkin donuts and subway right across the street.

A bunch of members were meeting at the Hard Rock which is within walking distance. Michigan Ave felt pretty safe and well lit.

Right. Did no good to get #s the night before. We were hanging around outside for the soundcheck the night before and got numbers. The next morning was basically a free for all. Now, having said that, there may have been some organization under cover so to speak. I'm guessing folks met earlier in the morning (3 or 4am) then walked over together and formed the line.

Thanks for that insight :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom