July 5, 2011 - Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this thread to catch up on my pal's travels...I don't get the physical logistics of cutting the line..people let people just plop down in front of them? Why not block them, what are they going to do, assault you in front of security?

I thought I read that when the fan line showed up, those 6 were already there or something, and security let them stay?

Have a great show everyone - wish I could be there with you - but I'm doing the right thing for my world and staying put. Enjoy to the millionth degree!

Here's one, apparently.
264051_10150319660255953_636115952_9524234_4515238_n.jpg

i think i've seen the girl in the pink headband before.

Wow what a show!!!! Met edge who signed my cd and then they play one tree hill heaven!!

And to be honest.....you can tell this version of it was totally a one off, spur of the moment kinda thing. Really it was. Edge was playing wrong notes....the guys were having like a practice or something. It wasn't polished by any means. But they got through it...... Crazy yo!

And to be honest.....you can tell this version of it was totally a one off, spur of the moment kinda thing. Really it was. Edge was playing wrong notes....the guys were having like a practice or something. It wasn't polished by any means. But they got through it...... Crazy yo!

Best part ever:

Edge = "oh, for fuck sake!" about 35 seconds in on your vid. Could really hear him say it at the back... I just died laughing.

How and where did you meet him? I was lucky enough to meet him in Minneapolis during Vertigo tour....He signed my U2 shirt and I got to shake his hand and thank him ....my dream is to get my picture with him

Quick notes on the bus ride home...

Front row to Edge's left. Really liked seeing all the young faces inside the circle too! Lots of college aged kids, teenagers, and young children in the crowd here. It was hot that day but the security there was really good with bringing people inside and making sure people were in the shade and stuff.

Overall, I liked the show, but probably liked Chicago 1 two years ago a bit more. Highlights for me were the Achtung opening numbers for sure, all of which I never heard live before. I FINALLY was at a show where they played UTEOTW live, which was amazing for me. When I heard the opening synth, I screamed "Thank you God! About f'n time," haha. I was thrilled to finally hear my favorite song live. :) Loved that they played One Tree Hill live too. It was rough in parts, but I liked the spontinuity there and it was great to hear a song I never thought I'd hear them play.

So yeah, I had a great time and can't wait for the next show. See you guys again in Minneapolis!

Was there any reason they played it? Someone in the crowd? Amazing!

When Bono mentioned Greg's anniversary and how they wrote a song around it, a few of us - myself included - started screaming for it. Bono then said they'd have to ask "the professor" and spoke to Edge quickly, but it seemed like they shot it down until after he sung the last verse at the end of MOS. Then they quickly decided to do it after all.

U2BRTHR, I wanted to say hi to you earlier in the line, but I didn't get the chance to. Hope you enjoyed the show and I really liked the helmet you wore! ;)

Edge came out shortly after he got there and signed everyones stuff of the people who were waiting so very nice! Will post pics when home

trevgreg said:
When Bono mentioned Greg's anniversary and how they wrote a song around it, a few of us - myself included - started screaming for it. Bono then said they'd have to ask "the professor" and spoke to Edge quickly, but it seemed like they shot it down until after he sung the last verse at the end of MOS. Then they quickly decided to do it after all.

U2BRTHR, I wanted to say hi to you earlier in the line, but I didn't get the chance to. Hope you enjoyed the show and I really liked the helmet you wore! ;)

I think we encouraged them a bit. ;)

Hey Roman (I can't remember your user name)...did you get any good pics at the Chicago show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom