July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the pride festivities will not be anywhere near Gretzky's. usually the bars on Church are packed as the streets are closed etc.

the back room idea works...i think that is the restaurant area. i agree, it would be better than the bar area.

i was at that irish pub by myself the night before TO1...and no one showed up...or you were all in the line for TO1....oh well, five pints by myself. i felt just peachy....

chances are the places that will allow a reservation are not likely going to be that busy....

It was like a lounge area, just off the very back of the bar, with sofas and soft chairs and low tables. You could hear bar noise, but you could also talk without screaming at each other. It was perfect. Even though the bar area was packed, it was completely empty, we were the only ones in it.

The night before TO1, we went to The Overdraught (where we first hoped to reserve) to meet people, but even though it wasn't even midnight yet, they were closing. :huh: After that, we went to Fionn Maccool's on Front, and asked about reserving there too, and it didn't look good there, either. After we left Maccool's, we got in the GA line.

Where were you?

it was probably too early...and i am an old guy and needed to work the next day...

Ha! Yeah, we didn't even get into town till around 9 or 10 that night.

Okay, so I just called Gretzky's, and asked if they reserve for groups. The woman on the phone asked how big the group is - I said 30 to 40 people? She gave me the e-mail address of their event coordinator, and said to e-mail her. I'm just going to do that now.

It's obviously too early to do anything now, and way too early to get anything close to accurate numbers, but at this point, just finding out if it's even possible would be good. That said, if anyone thinks they would be interested in attending, say so, and that way we can get an idea whether we're looking at 15 people, or 50. Last time, I think we had around 25 or so on the list, and that was a weeknight. Hopefully the interest will be even higher this time, with it being a weekend.

Any other suggestions are fine too, I just don't want to be caught with nothing like we were the last time. I don't really think the setting is all that huge of a deal. More importantly, I'd just like to find a place that's convenient to Rogers Centre, and within easy walking distance.

I was just sort of blown away by the reaction at the places in Sept. In my lame-ass town, if I went to a place saying I was bringing in a group of 30, they'd be salivating, falling all over themselves to accommodate us.

I guess the fact that Gretzky's even has an "event coordinator" bodes well for that location.

Uuuhh please tell me Gretzky's doesn't have Leaf's stuff all over the place. As a diehard Sens fan I dunno if I can physically sit in there without getting sick :wink:

haha, no, mostly Gretzky's stuff.

The Overdraught...sitting at the bar....was there around 8 or so.

Half a dozen of us arrived there around 9pm-ish I think and we sat in the front area of the pub (I left before you arrived VP)

Yes, I was, I realized that shortly thereafter ; I think it's because you or Drea mentioned Emily a few times (you went to Boston or NYC with her?)

Glad you're returning! :

this thread is on fire! great camaraderie folks. i hope they play discotheque on july 3; seems an appropriate tune for that weekend.

and while they're at it, DYFL.

this thread is on fire! great camaraderie folks. i hope they play discotheque on july 3; seems an appropriate tune for that weekend.

and while they're at it, DYFL.

They played Discotheque at Toronto 4 ( and Chicago 1 straight after ) on Vertigo. :drool: It was :combust:

I would :heart: for them to do it again. Doubt it though. We can dream eh? ;)

DYFL. :drool:

And yes this thread is on fire. :love:

Am I the only loser who has to wait for the general sale? :sad: :uhoh:

^ Nope, fellow loser here. I'll be either doing General Sale or just trying to pick up a ticket closer to the date from some kind soul here ;)

^ :hug: ^^:hug:

I have to do general sale for Athens if I can even afford the ticket. :crack: Toronto tickets have cleaned me out. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom