July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydome Hotel (Renaissance Downtown Toronto) has been showing NOTHING for Sat. July 3rd since early yesterday. I even called reservations, and the guy confirmed they had no openings.

I find that incredible, considering that the show was only announced to U2.com subscribers in the wee hours, yesterday. Something's fishy.

Nah I just think the lunatics have booked already :crack:

Canada Day weekend, maybe? :hmm:

Maybe they have good views of the fireworks over Lake Ontario?

I just checked, there isn't anything for the Sunday night, either, so it can't be entirely because of the U2 crowd.

Isn't downtown TO usually a ghost town on summer long weekends? Or as close to a ghost town as it ever gets, anyway?

I still find it very doubtful that hundreds (thousands?) of people making plans for July 1st weekend 2010 would think to themselves the year before, "hey, let's stay at Skydome hotel! We'll reserve a room now!" Doesn't make sense to me.

There's either some other huge event going on that I'm not aware of that's booked the hotel, or they're holding the rooms for now, and they'll be releasing them later.

Sorry if I sound like a conspiracy theorist. :reject: :lol: It just makes no sense whatsoever that they'd be sold out of rooms just a couple of hours after the initial announcement.

i'd call and bitch

you think someone can guess at the codes?

Definitely call them. 1-916-414-2921

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I called and the girl was very nice. Set me up with a brand new code. No idea how it happened though. I hope nobody was able to guess it and steal mah code. The girl at fanfire said that it was probably just 'a glitch in the system'. I imagine it was probably just less hassle for her to give me a new code than to launch an investigation. I hope there are still some GAs left for me tomorrow morning :pray:

Skydome Hotel (Renaissance Downtown Toronto) has been showing NOTHING for Sat. July 3rd since early yesterday. I even called reservations, and the guy confirmed they had no openings.

I find that incredible, considering that the show was only announced to U2.com subscribers in the wee hours, yesterday. Something's fishy.

Anyone out there with knowledge of the hotel industry care to speculate on what might be going on?

as I posted a few pages back, I used to work for a Hilton, revenue dept spikes rates as soon as a big event is going on, as others hotels sell out prices just go up and up and getting a room gets only more difficult and still they oversell and if you're the last one to show up (supposing everybody showed up) you'll be walked away :huh:most big hotels do this

as I posted a few pages back, I used to work for a Hilton, revenue dept spikes rates as soon as a big event is going on, as others hotels sell out prices just go up and up and getting a room gets only more difficult and still they oversell and if you're the last one to show up (supposing everybody showed up) you'll be walked away :huh:most big hotels do this

Yeah, we booked in the spring, just a few hours after the TO shows were announced, and got in before the rates were hiked. I can't remember the exact timing, but I do know there were rooms available for weeks or months after the show was announced.

I'm just wondering if they're holding the rooms till closer to the event, and then releasing them at a much higher rate. That doesn't account for why Sunday night is shown as full, though.

I actually know a trick that might get us in for Saturday, though. :hmm:

Yeah, we booked in the spring, just a few hours after the TO shows were announced, and got in before the rates were hiked. I can't remember the exact timing, but I do know there were rooms available for weeks or months after the show was announced.

I'm just wondering if they're holding the rooms till closer to the event, and then releasing them at a much higher rate. That doesn't account for why Sunday night is shown as full, though.

I actually know a trick that might get us in for Saturday, though. :hmm:
it is so early so they will oversell and in their sistem they sell more rooms than they actually have, cancelations are going to happen for sure or at least they're going to take chances like flight cancelations/delays/missed connection/weather/etc when Florida is hit by a huricane it is an icredible chain reaction!! it's all ods! sometimes major conventions take place at the hotel and corporations block a good amount of rooms, if you don't mind, what hotel will you be staying at?

it is so early so they will oversell and in their sistem they sell more rooms than they actually have, cancelations are going to happen for sure or at least they're going to take chances like flight cancelations/delays/missed connection/weather/etc when Florida is hit by a huricane it is an icredible chain reaction!! it's all ods! sometimes major conventions take place at the hotel and corporations block a good amount of rooms, if you don't mind, what hotel will you be staying at?

Oh, we're talking about The Renaissance Downtown Toronto, the one attached to the Skydome.

Would a business convention be likely on a summer long weekend?

If you stay in town.....the next biggest party (compared to the U2 show) also hits Toronto.

The Gay Pride Parade.....

(honestly....the festivities are the only major time where you can really party in the streets of Toronto)

The Parade is the 4th.
Toronto’s 30th Annual Pride Parade :: Pride Week 2010 - June 25th to July 4th

They Dyke March is the 3rd.
Dyke March :: Pride Week 2010 - June 25th to July 4th

I'm a straight guy...but me and my crew go every year!

Oh that's absolutely a riot. U2 is having a concert during Pride Week?

Well, folks, that might explain precisely why the hotels are all booked. This is a huge attraction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom