July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Montreal and Moncton would have been completely whipped out if there were a zombie invasion. I'm thinking Moncton there could have been a greater chance for escape depending on how fast the zombies were and if they were adapted to moving through mud.

:hmm:
In case of zombie invasion at a U2 show, I'm grabbing something to use as a club and climbing a Claw leg. I can smash a few zombie heads until Edge thinks of something to save us all.

:D

There's a group of French people who go to tons of shows (always rail, always drape a flag) who've *hit* a (girl) friend of mine for being in their spot. Their group is both male/female.

I wonder if this was part of the group from the Elevation and Vertigo Tours that HAD to be upfront with their flags.

GA entitlement... :rolleyes:

I can see the screen lowering to grab some people and bring them up into the safety of the Claw.

Is there U2/zombie fan fiction yet?

Could be something to pass the time until the next tour. :D

I think you have an excellent idea here. Inspired by true events.

I can see the screen lowering to grab some people and bring them up into the safety of the Claw.

I'll get cracking on it right now.

The French fans. They were right in front of us. My friend noticed how they managed to get to the rail. We wondered if they who Vik encountered. If that is the case, there might have been pent up GA rage.

GA rage....another fan fic in the works. Maybe that's how the zombies spread - like in 28 Days Later....

I'm surprised there haven't been more reported incidents of U2 GA Rage.

It's the new Road Rage.

I wonder if this was part of the group from the Elevation and Vertigo Tours that HAD to be upfront with their flags.

GA entitlement... :rolleyes:

Someone commented on one of Nicks videos that he didn't understand why we would pay for seats in the back when we could be up front. Basically made us try to feel bad because we weren't 10 feet from Bono. That side of GA scares the heck out of me, and probably why I'll stick to seats. A U2 concert makes me feel close to them wherever I am sitting. Singing along, hearing videos later of the crowd and realizing I'm one of those voices along with Bono and Edge's.. that is fantastic and so awe-inspiring.

Someone commented on one of Nicks videos that he didn't understand why we would pay for seats in the back when we could be up front. Basically made us try to feel bad because we weren't 10 feet from Bono. That side of GA scares the heck out of me, and probably why I'll stick to seats. A U2 concert makes me feel close to them wherever I am sitting. Singing along, hearing videos later of the crowd and realizing I'm one of those voices along with Bono and Edge's.. that is fantastic and so awe-inspiring.

Seeing the venue, part of me wanted to spread a blanket on the hill, lay back on my elbows and take in the show--the only time that might have been possible for a U2 show. But, then there was the mud.

It's possible to find a good place in the GA to stand without being too crowded and without the ridiculous drama. You should give it a try once next tour.

I was in the pit once this tour, and that was enough. Next tour, I might consider an early line-up once for the hell of it.

If I was around some folks I knew I would probably do better. I do want to try it, next tour!

5 of us were on the edge of Edge's side in the pit in Anaheim 1, and it was fine. It would have been fine regardless of where we were because 4 of 5 of us are 6 feet or taller (Heather being the notable short one :D ).

Yes, there is. I remember one story...I think Bono was a zombie. Yup. XD

But Grace, BY ALL MEANS, write stories! I didnMt know you did. :D

I'm surprised there haven't been more reported incidents of U2 GA Rage.

It's the new Road Rage.

I was part of a U2 GA Rage incident in Toronto. Full on temper explosion in the pit on both parties. I won't go into the details but it was It was really hot out and for that I can forgive. But you know,

the hands that build, can also pull down.

:angry:

I must say, it put me in a foul mood.

Hey, I don't know if you guys remember a post from back at the end of North American leg of the Vertigo about the "5 Stages of Grief" as applied to the end of the tour. I got inspired and decided to make my own version for 360, and looking at some of the talk here about "GA rage", it seems like some of you might be able to relate to/appreciate it:

FIVE STAGES OF GRIEF - U2360 EDITION

1. DENIAL - No way will U2360 be their last tour. Bono said "Songs of Ascent" will be released any day now, and as soon as it is, we know they'll be back on the road.

2. ANGER - Damn you GA line Nazis! I'm starting the GA line for the first show of the next tour right now - I'm #1 and my friends are #2 through 50. If you want on the list, you'll need to know the secret password. And don't even think about leaving to go to the bathroom.

3. BARGAINING - Please God, I know I've been on the front rail 25 times already this tour, but if you just let me be there one more time, I'll finally feel fulfilled. Especially if I can also get another setlist. And maybe a pick from Dallas. Oh, and get to hear Bad. And...

4. DEPRESSION - None of my real life friends or family will ever be able to support me like the sidewalks I slept on or the rails I leaned on. When I look down at my hand and don't see my GA line number looking back at me, it's as if I don't even exist.

5. ACCEPTANCE - I look around me in 360 degrees and see all the BEAUTIFUL people I've gotten to know on this tour, and I know we'll carry each other... Until next time!

I read this a couple of hours ago, and shook my head and walked away from my computer, but I can't stop thinking about it. When you're at the point where you assault another fan because they took your spot (insert giant eyeroll here), you seriously need to step back and get some perspective. I don't care if you hugged it out in an airport after or not. Shit like this gives normal fans a bad name.

Don't be so hard on him. He, liked, learned his lesson and stuff.

All I'll say is that girl is a nicer person than I would have been had I run into Vic in the airport had he done that to me.

Hey, I don't know if you guys remember a post from back at the end of North American leg of the Vertigo about the "5 Stages of Grief" as applied to the end of the tour. I got inspired and decided to make my own version for 360, and looking at some of the talk here about "GA rage", it seems like some of you might be able to relate to/appreciate it:

FIVE STAGES OF GRIEF - U2360 EDITION

1. DENIAL - No way will U2360 be their last tour. Bono said "Songs of Ascent" will be released any day now, and as soon as it is, we know they'll be back on the road.

2. ANGER - Damn you GA line Nazis! I'm starting the GA line for the first show of the next tour right now - I'm #1 and my friends are #2 through 50. If you want on the list, you'll need to know the secret password. And don't even think about leaving to go to the bathroom.

3. BARGAINING - Please God, I know I've been on the front rail 25 times already this tour, but if you just let me be there one more time, I'll finally feel fulfilled. Especially if I can also get another setlist. And maybe a pick from Dallas. Oh, and get to hear Bad. And...

4. DEPRESSION - None of my real life friends or family will ever be able to support me like the sidewalks I slept on or the rails I leaned on. When I look down at my hand and don't see my GA line number looking back at me, it's as if I don't even exist.

5. ACCEPTANCE - I look around me in 360 degrees and see all the BEAUTIFUL people I've gotten to know on this tour, and I know we'll carry each other... Until next time!

That's hilarious!!! :lol:

That being said, the group of fans (I'm guessing a bunch of them were from Boston) against the rail right in front of me were a blast. Loved their signs and also thought it was a nice gesture when they gave my friend and I some glow sticks to join in on their dance party during I'll Go Crazy.

We did have a blast! And no, most aren't from Boston, though that's where we all really met each other.
Somehow, I don't think we used all the 62 glowsticks we had with us... :shifty: :D

I did, too! :lol:

I thought he was saying that the town was named because it'd had some sort of historical connection with monks.

I guess I've been lucky since I have seen 360 all from the pit. The 2 Boston shows I waltzed in between 3-5pm. I was on Edge's side. Most people were cool and I hung out way on the side and towards the back.

Montreal 1 - I did the line up thing. I got all wound up and nervous. Would my #94 be enough? I survived the clusterfunk of not having my ticket scan and the freakishly long dash to the rail. Montreal 2 - waltzed in with a bunch of Interference peeps and still managed pit. Had a freaking raging time. No, not GA RAGE.

Monton - I did the line up. I broke several speeding laws in 3 states and 2 countries to get my coveted 140-something number. I sat under an unflattering blue poncho and leaky umbrella for 10 hours. I went through 2 changes of clothes. If not for the rain on my skin, I would have dehydrated. I offered up a pair of running shoes to the mud gods. I was second row in front of Bono. And for the most part people were very cool. I did watch the first 20 or so in line have an all out brawl with one anther in front of me. It was mildly embarrassing/entertaining. I was just happy it had nothing to do with me.

So, yeah....I've done the pit. All sides and carnations. I don't do seats because....can't afford 'em. Next tour if the set up is similar (Jesus, can you imagine if they went back to seats???) I will try the outer rail a few times.

There is nothing like the energy inside of the pit! I had a few issues in toronto, but outside of that, the rest were great! Montreal 2 was the best pit experience ever!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom