July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think because it costs so much much to cart around that they would want to unload it quickly. I have heard of bands ditching their equipment in OZ because it cots too much to ship back to England.

It not like you can just leave it anywhere either. It needs a home.

Maybe I should shoot Principal Mgmt an offer. Selling scrap steel could be pretty profitable, but selling scraps of CLAW to Interferencers would be a gold mine. :wink:

It'll never happen, but here's how I think they should end the tour:

Ultraviolet
HMTMKMKM
WOWY
MOS

NLOTH
Bad-->40

Yes.

It'll never happen, but here's how I think they should end the tour:

Ultraviolet
HMTMKMKM
WOWY
MOS

NLOTH
Bad-->40

Yes.

Just a question, why do you think they won't play 40? I think if we all started singing it they might be inclined to play it... I love that as a closer and think it would be incredible. It would be amazing for us all to sing that together, would be a beautiful thing.

I love my province and the Maritimes and all.. and I know there are lots of us hardcore fans going... but there is going to be a big contingent of folks that always go to the Magnetic Hill fest and folks who are somewhat U2 fans (aka the stuff off the radio) so I don't know how many would actually know that song. Sad I know :sad: However, we love a good chant.. so if we can actually get it started... who knows :wink:

Hooooooow long

Just a question, why do you think they won't play 40? I think if we all started singing it they might be inclined to play it... I love that as a closer and think it would be incredible. It would be amazing for us all to sing that together, would be a beautiful thing.

I don't necessarily think they won't play 40, though it may be a stretch since it hasn't appeared all tour not even for Glasto, I meant that the whole encore stretch I wrote including both UV and Batman and NLOTH will never happen.

so I don't know how many would actually know that song. Sad I know :sad: However, we love a good chant.. so if we can actually get it started... who knows :wink:

Hooooooow long

Raven, there are going to be many of the U2 audience descending on Moncton. I would say that because it is the last night of the tour that it will be more than just a regular concert.

I hope they play 40 too. It is the greatest U2 song.

I'm looking forward to it. My home province and U2, going to be awesome! I'd be happy if they played itsy bitsy spider for two hours.

I wonder if the shirts will say U2 360 Moncton, part of the "Where the hell are we?" section of the tour.

I will bring this post over to the new thread so people don't miss it.
Also, I forgot to mention that the homeowner is giving all the proceeds from the parking to a local Juvenile Diabetes foundation.

All PM's were replied to...

Okay guys, I actually spoke to a guy that works for the promotor (Donald K Donald Events) and he explained that the main Gate where the lineup will start is where the Green arrow is on the map.

That being said since I am in a Motel about 7 kms away, I wanted to find parking very close to the site so that we can go back and forth to the rental. I made some calls and actually secured parking for $30 at the house directly beside Atlantic Violin Supplies (the Red Balloon at the top of the page). Very nice guy and has room for more cars. If you are interested then PM me and I will pass along his information.

The only negative is that Front Mountain Road will most likely be closed until 1:00AM but I'm not too concerned about that since I will most likely be too wound up after the show and wouldn't mind chilling out and taking my time.

There is a good article here about the parking and shuttle setup....

timestranscript.com - Park and ride encouraged for U2 | By Craig Babstock - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

MagneticHillsite.png

Someone was asking where the Concert Camping was on this pic... It's beyond the water park in the lower left corner. If you look at the link below - the #1 is approximately where the Concert Camping is... though the entrance for cars was on that "Ensley Drive" last time but the field borders Mountain Road so you could just walk out and accross the road to get to the Magnetic Hill entrance.

Concert Camping, Mountain Road, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada to Magnetic Hill Park - Google Maps

I love my province and the Maritimes and all.. and I know there are lots of us hardcore fans going...

Looking forward to meeting you, RB! (For some long-standing reason, I'm imagining you as a giant squirrel.)

Went our for pasta this evening with a couple of visiting family members. At one point, Space Oddity starting playing over the restaurant's sound system ...followed right after by Pride. Not sure if this event is an accurate predictor of anything. I actually hope it isn't. :wink:

ONE WEEK! :rockon:

I read an article that said it will actually only be about 80K. So, 29K in the seats (and there are still tickets available) and 40 on the floor - also not sold out.

Yeah every paper seems to have a different number the last few weeks - that being said, the number I've seen the most often is 97,000 expected. Everything is severely tight lipped about actual ticket sales though.

I don't know if the recent release of cheaper grandstand seats was always planned or if it's a sign that ticket sales aren't going as well as hoped...

Yeah every paper seems to have a different number the last few weeks - that being said, the number I've seen the most often is 97,000 expected. Everything is severely tight lipped about actual ticket sales though.

I don't know if the recent release of cheaper grandstand seats was always planned or if it's a sign that ticket sales aren't going as well as hoped...

It's not easy to get to unless you live there. One of the promoters said that the space could accommodate 100K, but moving people around would be tough. They said they felt comfortable with 80K. And after looking at aerial shots of Montreal, it's impressive/intimidating. You're like, how was I in all that??

Was driving home from Bangor today and seen a number of transports carrying the stage pieces up the I-95. A number or transports pulled into the Irving in Houlton for a break, I imagine the stage will start being constructed in Moncton probably on Sunday.

Looks like a bit of rain is forecast for this week in Moncton. Does anyone have any idea how well the field takes the rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom