July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
857amjuly25.jpg

That stuff being said, today I feel really good about the trip and the concert. It's going to be great.

Now. Just need to hang onto that feeling and not let myself descend into the pits of panic again. :)

:up: No panic! Just pure enjoyment... Although, the "The Pits of Panic" sounds like the makings of a great book. Or a diary entry about forgetting to apply deodorant in GA. :wink:

I love the tractor :giggle:

It's comforting! Reminds me of long summer days when I'd watch my grandfather cut hay in his field.

Just been looking at the map and nobody seems to have mentioned (or forgotten!) 'Springhill Mining Disaster'. I wonder if that may get an airing in the acoustic spot?

Just been looking at the map and nobody seems to have mentioned (or forgotten!) 'Springhill Mining Disaster'. I wonder if that may get an airing in the acoustic spot?

I was thinking about that. Springhill is only about an hour away from Moncton I think. Even a little snippet or mention would be awesome.

Also, I expect that many, many people will spend most of the show in the beer tent, which means more room on the field for the rest of us. :wink:

I'm 99% sure the stage faces pretty much straight North. One more day of work!!!!

I just checked again.
Looks like Hwy 2 runs exactly East/West by the site. So, it looks like the stage faces NNW. Just curious really, the direction doesn't change the distance we'll need to walk.

They're actually having a big party in Springhill the day after the Moncton show and they've invited Bono and the boys to pay a visit...

Here's the news clip:
‪U2 invited to Springhill, Nova Scotia‬‏ - YouTube

Town of Springhill plans U2 day, invites Irish band - CTV News

Don't know what the chances are they'll show up but you never know!

They're actually having a big party in Springhill the day after the Moncton show and they've invited Bono and the boys to pay a visit...

Here's the news clip:
‪U2 invited to Springhill, Nova Scotia‬‏ - YouTube

Town of Springhill plans U2 day, invites Irish band - CTV News

Don't know what the chances are they'll show up but you never know!

Now just imagine the Moncton show full of 80 000 or so of people like the "anything's possible" guy at the end of that video.

So guess what?? It ends up, that I will NOT be going to this concert AFTER all!!! I can't find anyone to watch my kids for the day on Saturday, because I have no one that I can rely on in my life. (I'm not bitter or anything)

So anyway, I now have (2) GA tickets to try and get rid of. I paid $65.00 each for them. I will pay the shipping to overnight them to whoever will pay that much for them. I can also meet you somewhere in Southern Massachusetts or Rhode Island if anyone knows someone from that area who is looking for tickets.

Anyone who is interested, please PM me.....

I'm going to go and be depressed now.......:sad:

Also, I expect that many, many people will spend most of the show in the beer tent, which means more room on the field for the rest of us. :wink:

The world is divided between beer tent folks and the rest of us.

Is it possible to get away with filling Gatorade bottles with a nice oaked chardonnay? :shifty:

I was thinking about that. Springhill is only about an hour away from Moncton I think. Even a little snippet or mention would be awesome.

:up: SO awesome. I'm thinking there's a reasonable chance of snippetry; it's an absolutely haunting song -- and one Bono seems pretty passionate about:

‪Rare U2 Springhill Mining Disaster Live From Dublin‬‏ - YouTube

I can't find anyone to watch my kids for the day on Saturday, because I have no one that I can rely on in my life. (I'm not bitter or anything)

That truly sucks! It's too bad nobody is willing to step up for you. I know it's little consolation, but perhaps this show will be recorded for future release, or even broadcast live on the radio/U2.COM.

That truly sucks! It's too bad nobody is willing to step up for you. I know it's little consolation, but perhaps this show will be recorded for future release, or even broadcast live on the radio/U2.COM.

The worst part is, I do the BEST I can to bend over backwards for the friends, family, and acquaintances in my life, and the ONE time I want to do something fun for myself, its crickets around here......I have a hard time w/ the injustice of it all.

Sorry for ranting.....

So guess what?? It ends up, that I will NOT be going to this concert AFTER all!!! I can't find anyone to watch my kids for the day on Saturday, because I have no one that I can rely on in my life. (I'm not bitter or anything)

So anyway, I now have (2) GA tickets to try and get rid of. I paid $65.00 each for them. I will pay the shipping to overnight them to whoever will pay that much for them. I can also meet you somewhere in Southern Massachusetts or Rhode Island if anyone knows someone from that area who is looking for tickets.

Anyone who is interested, please PM me.....

I'm going to go and be depressed now.......:sad:

Shucks I was looking for a ticket earlier this weekend but found one from a friend of a friend. Really sucks you can't find a babysitter. Those sort of things be so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom