July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to figure out how far away I'm coming from for the show, to figure out the parking situation, once I do maybe I can connect with some of y'all and we can pitch in on parking.

Im at the beach and drunk but it looks like The concert camping is what we are gonna do. Our fourth is not looking good and my boys first question (as I expected) was " is she hot" lol. sober later post.

Concert Site Web Camera

:rockon:

The public is able to check in on the progress through the webcam located at http://magnetichillmusicfestival.ca. The live video currently shows three sets of grandstands surrounding an empty space, but once stage construction begins, that view will change daily.

The city is also converting the old Magnetic Hill Zoo train station, near the zoo parking lot, into a permanent box office that will have 24 windows where people can purchase and pick up previously purchased tickets. The city hopes the new facility will help ease delays and move people more quickly into the concert site.

more here: http://www.atu2.com/news/sights-set-on-u2-stage-construction.html

Thanks JJ! Are you still thinking of coming over.

The atU2 article was interesting to read. So, it's the same stands as Montreal and it looks like the same number of attendees. I can live with that.

I checked out some Carney songs via youtube and... yea.. looks like another Snore Patrol :giggle:

So I'm thinking, the NJ claw is probably the one going to be used in Moncton. This is just guesswork, but hopefully we'll start seeing some claw-stuff being built soon!

Honestly isn't this the first field they've played on in this tour where the GA area slopes gently *towards* the stage? I'm looking at the live cam and man, the GA sightlines look AMAZING. All the way to the back!! :up:

Let me know where you end up so I can do the same. Arcade Fire fans should stick together btw. We will be at the thursday night show for sure btw.

Figures...2 minutes after I buy from Magic Mountain he calls back :lol: I have a spot with him now, so I'll use that and maybe eat the other one or keep it as backup in case there are any access issues on that road. Or maybe I'll give it to someone...whatever. Awesome that you're going to the Dartmouth show! You sure you wanna hang with a geriatric AF fan as myself? I love AF, but damn I feel old at their shows.

Figures...2 minutes after I buy from Magic Mountain he calls back :lol: I have a spot with him now, so I'll use that and maybe eat the other one or keep it as backup in case there are any access issues on that road. Or maybe I'll give it to someone...whatever. Awesome that you're going to the Dartmouth show! You sure you wanna hang with a geriatric AF fan as myself? I love AF, but damn I feel old at their shows.
I'm 35 and my buds are early 30's. We still party like Frat boys when the occasion hits though. I'll hang with anyone pretty much, lol. It's cool to at least see a familiar face in a foreign counry ya know. So you will be at Dartmouth then also? I'll pm you my phone and we can hang or at least say hello up there. No worries either way. We just go with the flow. :applaud:

I'm 35 and my buds are early 30's. We still party like Frat boys when the occasion hits though. I'll hang with anyone pretty much, lol. It's cool to at least see a familiar face in a foreign counry ya know. So you will be at Dartmouth then also? I'll pm you my phone and we can hang or at least say hello up there. No worries either way. We just go with the flow. :applaud:

Yep we have Dartmouth tickets so we're in for sure. We're driving(me and my better half) up from Manchester next Wed. Hopefully make it to Saint John Wed night, and then to Dartmouth on Thurs. I'm super excited that I get to see AF again this tour. I'll pm ya :wave:

Almost forgot - the guy that has the parking on Front Mountain Road said he had a few more spots. As others have said, he's very nice. Give him a call if you're still looking.

yes, still thinking bout coming but prolly not :sad:
but if I do come, I´m bringing my handcuffs to cuff myself to Claw after gig is finished so they cant tear it down :lol::hug: (atleast so I get a photo out of it)

:heart::sexywink::wink:

Yep we have Dartmouth tickets so we're in for sure. We're driving(me and my better half) up from Manchester next Wed. Hopefully make it to Saint John Wed night, and then to Dartmouth on Thurs. I'm super excited that I get to see AF again this tour. I'll pm ya :wave:

Almost forgot - the guy that has the parking on Front Mountain Road said he had a few more spots. As others have said, he's very nice. Give him a call if you're still looking.
I ended up getting the $200 concert camping because they said we could roll in Friday at 3am from Dartmouth no problem. I'm probably gonna leave my tent set up and then drive up to Dartmouth and crash on my return. That waterpark looks like a good potential sober up spot for friday day if we don't go see some nature or whatever. I'm thinking beerpong on the camp site Friday night is a good idea too. I'm pretty amped for this next seven days of Beach-Beach-Pack-Beach-Beach-A.F.-Party-A.F. U2. :up:

yes, still thinking bout coming but prolly not :sad:
but if I do come, I´m bringing my handcuffs to cuff myself to Claw after gig is finished so they cant tear it down :lol::hug: (atleast so I get a photo out of it)

:heart::sexywink::wink:

Save the Claw! Save the Claw! Save the Claw!

This time next week, I hope to be in Canada, eh!

Are there any decent bars to go to Friday night for a cold Rickards or Alexander Keiths?

I was thinking it would be cool if it stayed in Moncton permanently but I don't think it would be wanted. Most bands could not make use of it the way U2 does and I think it would just take up too much room....

I was thinking it would be cool if it stayed in Moncton permanently but I don't think it would be wanted. Most bands could not make use of it the way U2 does and I think it would just take up too much room....

I would think because it costs so much much to cart around that they would want to unload it quickly. I have heard of bands ditching their equipment in OZ because it cots too much to ship back to England.

It not like you can just leave it anywhere either. It needs a home.

I am still hoping that U2 Brother and I will be able to figure out a way to get to the show...we need to come! I have been listening to U2 ALL DAY..I seriously am amazed at how much I enjoy every album and how each one speaks to me in a different way. It was what I needed to get all my work done today and it has once again inspired me to make my life count. So Incredible.
I think I must scare my neighbors..I will start singing really really loud and cheer and clap like I'm at a concert..the funny thing is I have been doing this more and more in church too haha...I can't help it!
Anyway...I had a ryhm to my reason in this post and that was to say we need to all sing 40 together at some point near the end of the show..I remember U2 would offten close with this during the Vertigo tour and way back in the day and I just think it would be an incredible way to end the tour..

Hooowwww Lonnnnnng TOOOO Sinnnngggg Thiiissss Sooonnnnggggg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom