July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really amazed that my sleeping bag, tent and air mattress all fit into my big suitcase. With some extra room for smaller things, and the tarp. I should be able to get away with just having clothes in my carry on.

What a relief.

I'm flying into Halifax from Toronto tomorrow night. My friend (who I am taking to see her 1st U2 concert!) has rented a car and is driving us to Moncton the day of the concert. I was just wondering what we do as far as parking is concerned? I know it's going to be crazy, just hoping for some advice on what the best option would be :)

We sat behind for the Rose Bowl show. Sound was fine. View was just okay. They don't turn around much. It was fun to see such a huge crowd out-front though.

Get a bunch of pictures and put them together for a panorama. Here's my Rose Bowl from behind the stage:
U2LAPanorama-1.jpg

Love this! Was at this show, and it's great to see a view like this! Thanks for sharing!

I spoke a couple of days ago to David Groundwater, the gentleman who has parking available on Front Mountain Road, next to Atlantic Violin Supplies. As far as I know, this will be the closest parking area to the main gate (see the red balloon at the top of the map below). Sounds ideal to anyone that will be doing GA for the show. David has told me to share this information in this thread:

Cost $40.00
Phone David for details 506 384-2134

I will bring this post over to the new thread so people don't miss it.
Also, I forgot to mention that the homeowner is giving all the proceeds from the parking to a local Juvenile Diabetes foundation.

All PM's were replied to...

Okay guys, I actually spoke to a guy that works for the promotor (Donald K Donald Events) and he explained that the main Gate where the lineup will start is where the Green arrow is on the map.

That being said since I am in a Motel about 7 kms away, I wanted to find parking very close to the site so that we can go back and forth to the rental. I made some calls and actually secured parking for $30 at the house directly beside Atlantic Violin Supplies (the Red Balloon at the top of the page). Very nice guy and has room for more cars. If you are interested then PM me and I will pass along his information.

The only negative is that Front Mountain Road will most likely be closed until 1:00AM but I'm not too concerned about that since I will most likely be too wound up after the show and wouldn't mind chilling out and taking my time.

There is a good article here about the parking and shuttle setup....

timestranscript.com - Park and ride encouraged for U2 | By Craig Babstock - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

MagneticHillsite.png

Copy and add your name for the gathering:

kramwest1 (Mark & Heather)
RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
KristenCaNaDiAn (Kristen) and probably 2 more
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
GraceRyan (Amy +2 - if one of them doesn't lose their shit beforehand)
Pik95+3 (Howie)
Bruno S4 (Bruno) and a friend named Peter landing Thursday night from Toronto
Canedge (Albie)
angelordevil (Kip)
Righteousbabe01 (Heather- getting in Thursday @ 8pm by Bus)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Pik95+3 (Howie)
Canedge (Albie)
angelordevil (Kip)
Righteousbabe01 (Heather, arriving around 8PM On Thursday by Greyhound bus.

Had to redo the above cause I got it wrong before..Okay so there is no turning back..I have my tent, bags packed, geyhound bus ticket. books, snacks, flashlight..umbrella, camping pass..I leave in 2 hours to catch the Greyhound bus..I will see all of you tomorrow night..it's going to be one long bus ride but I am super excited to get this party started! Can't wait to see you guys in person. See you In Moncton!

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Pik95+3 (Howie)
Canedge (Albie)
angelordevil (Kip)
Righteousbabe01 (Heather, arriving around 8PM!
Powerhour24 (Mike) coming from Mass, making a stop @ a friend's in Maine for lunch, planning on getting there around 7:30, at the gathering by 8:30-9.

I'm not even going to look at the forecast again. I'll be prepared for rain (and have seen what the temps will be like), but I worry that I'll stress about it if I keep looking!

I'm not even going to look at the forecast again. I'll be prepared for rain (and have seen what the temps will be like), but I worry that I'll stress about it if I keep looking!

:up: Whatever the weather, we'll handle it! Looking on the philosophical bright side, I've actually never attended a concert in the rain...so it would probably become a great memory.

Dear Moncton,

See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

:bonodrum::bonodrum::bonodrum:

I feel like tomorrow officially kicks off U2 weekend with Arcade Fire playing in Dartmouth. Can't wait! It's like Christmas eve right now!

Very big lurker here, I know there is no guarantee but based on all your guys vast
experience and shows, do you think lining up at 11 would suffice to get in the pit?

Very big lurker here, I know there is no guarantee but based on all your guys vast
experience and shows, do you think lining up at 11 would suffice to get in the pit?

For this show? I don't know. Considering people who are camping can sit at their tents or sit in the GA line, I'm guessing more than a few will sit in the GA line.
I assume you are talking about 11 am on Saturday.

I spoke a couple of days ago to David Groundwater, the gentleman who has parking available on Front Mountain Road, next to Atlantic Violin Supplies. As far as I know, this will be the closest parking area to the main gate (see the red balloon at the top of the map below). Sounds ideal to anyone that will be doing GA for the show. David has told me to share this information in this thread:

Cost $40.00
Phone David for details 506 384-2134

$40? Did he raise it? Told me and the others it was $30.

laleighu2 I recommend parking here as you will be closer to your car while in line all day. And the money goes to Juvenile Diabetes not the city of Moncton. Take a look at the map and you will see what I mean....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom