July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess I'm more used to camping near trees that you can tie tarps too. See if you can break into the moncton zoo and steal a giraffe to hold up a tarp for you.

I'll just wrap myself up in the tarps and put a bucket over my head.

LOOK MA! I'M CAMPING!!!!!

.... stakes?

pete.gif

No, I know what a stake is. It's just yet another thing I didn't think I needed. (My tent comes with its own pole type things.)

I'm already buying a bunch of smaller things, but I don't want to have to buy a shit-ton of camping gear that I'm never going to use again.

No, I know what a stake is. It's just yet another thing I didn't think I needed. (My tent comes with its own pole type things.)

I'm already buying a bunch of smaller things, but I don't want to have to buy a shit-ton of camping gear that I'm never going to use again.

If you really need them, just drive down the road a bit and rip some tree branches off :p

And on that note, it's time to face down the tent my boss loaned me and see if I can figure out how to put it together.

It's just a little two-person tent, she made it seem like it's pretty easy. But yeah.

I will be back to vent my teary frustration, I'm sure.

And on that note, it's time to face down the tent my boss loaned me and see if I can figure out how to put it together.

It's just a little two-person tent, she made it seem like it's pretty easy. But yeah.

I will be back to vent my teary frustration, I'm sure.

If you have any trouble at the site just ask for help, I find people camping are usually really friendly and have a special bond. They would be more than willing to help I'm sure. :)

It's a whole new phase for you Alicia, by next year we're going to be reading about you going on camping trios every other weekend!

Well, I just pulled the pieces out of the bag.

Yeah, I'm kind of screwed here. :lol:

My boss gave me a general sense of how it goes, but .... yeah. I'll see if I can google for directions on a North Face 2-person tent.

I was kind of hoping I'd be able to rely on friendly neighbors to help, but I'd like to go in with at least a general idea so I didn't look completely clueless!

Damsel in distress? Make sure you a bring a fan so that you can fan your face while saying, "I've always depended on the kindness of strangers." Batting eyelashes.

Sooooo.....we are the last pre-show thread standing. Standard setlist. No surprises. I thought that maybe they'd get Bad. Nope. What do we think this means for us? Will we get all the songs everyone wanted or will we be scratching our heads going, so this is it?

So cool to hear of people from all over coming to the maritimes for this!

And I will actually be able to talk to strangers and make friends, unlike the last show where everybody was speaking french.

Sooooo.....we are the last pre-show thread standing. Standard setlist. No surprises. I thought that maybe they'd get Bad. Nope. What do we think this means for us? Will we get all the songs everyone wanted or will we be scratching our heads going, so this is it?

I hope we get at least SOMETHING of a surprise. It's the last show, they have to do something different!

I will be supremely surprised if they don't do anything extra. An extra song or two (OOC and/or Bad?) or a collaboration with Arcade Fire (even if it's during AF's set).

Also, I thought I had a picture of how these bendy tent poles went into the tent, but 15 minutes later I just have a heap of tent with two poles sticking out of both ends.

The two main things to remember when it comes to tents and rain are to face the door away from the wind (if there is an obvious direction) and don't lean anything against the walls on the inside, including your sleeping bag if possible. Most tent fabrics allow water to leach in if something is touching it.

Yeah, the other thing is that I cannot see how this is a 2-person tent. Maybe it'll seem bigger once I get it up, but I don't think I'll be sharing it with anyone.

Who the fuck is Vic? that makes me want to get there now so when vic gets back from his zoo tent to find me in line, I can tell him to go fuck himself.

What's all this tarp talk. Is it supposed to rain?

Also, it's getting close and the reality of the 17 hour drive is starting to sink in. Serenity now!

Yes, there was one in the bag with the tent. I was going to google directions to put it together, but I can't seem to identify what North Face tent it is. It must be an older model. None of the ones I see look even remotely like it.

I can tell that the poles go all the way through the long skinny "tunnels" of fabric (for lack of a better word), and they cross, but I can't figure out how they go around each end. There are two long poles that are sectioned so they fold up, and I'm guessing they need to bend to go around the opening and the opposite end.

There are also two metal bits that I'm guessing go into the ground and through the grommets by the opening.

I'm sure that description will suffice for you guys telling me what to do. :wink:

Well, I think we have settled on the Pumphouse.
What time should we meet there?
Then, should those near the campgrounds meet before that time in the McD's parking lot and carpool?

7:30pm at the Pumphouse? By 7pm at McD's for carpooling?

What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom