July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
moncton.jpg

Anybody who stays in a hotel in that area at that time of year is :coocoo:

Well not really but just sayin'..so many nice places to camp on the east coast!

This fucking rocks! Where the hell is Dave C, anyways?! :hmm:

Woohoo! NB represent! I've been wishing on this day for years, never, ever did I think it would actually happen. We'll only be able to afford the cheap behind the stage seats, but oh well, just want to be a part of it. We'll likely go up to Moncton early to see the claw being built.

U2, Moncton and St.Hubert chicken. Awesome.

I wonder if they'll get the opportunity to go to any of the attractions. They could get a really great promo picture down at Hopewell Rocks

Is there anyone considering flying from Pittsburgh to Maine and sharing a car up to Moncton?

ugh, not hotel rooms at all, except for the night prior.
Romi, I'm toying with the idea, haven't truly considered all the details, but if i went I'd be driving up the 29th, from Providence, RI, heading right through Portland Maine. My own car, not a rental

kramwest1 said:
Campfires and U2!!! Oh yeah, baby!!!

From the wife:

"You're getting tickets, right? We can figure out the reality later, yes?"

:happydance:

:up:

I'm thinking I'll be taking the bus from Pittsburgh to Portland and then driving the rest of the way up...

Any advice on camping in the area?

I'm thinking of reserving a site on-line, since hotels are going to be crazy.

BTW--for the hotel-dependent, there are rental cabins in the parks.

Just booked a tent site here:

Camper's City

It's just down the road from Magnetic Hill. I may change my mind, if I can go at all, but for now...BOOKED!!!

I went to check that out-saw this note at the bottom about access:
Registered Campers have a Gate card to get into our Park with access from 7:00am till 11:59pm

Not so sure about being locked out after midnight. odd you can;t get back in-did you ask about that part? curious what they may have said

Sappyfest is going on that weekend too in Sackville which is about a 30 minute drive from Moncton. Kind of a smaller indie/folk type of festival. Considering staying in Sackville, going to Friday night shows there, then going to Moncton for U2, then back to Sackville for the late night bar shows.

There should be lots of great places to camp anywhere within a stones through of Moncton. The east coast is littered with campgrounds, it is beautiful

I went to check that out-saw this note at the bottom about access:
Registered Campers have a Gate card to get into our Park with access from 7:00am till 11:59pm

Not so sure about being locked out after midnight. odd you can;t get back in-did you ask about that part? curious what they may have said

I didn't ask any questions, I just ran with it. I'm still awaiting a conf. number BTW, which I guess is normal.

Looking on Google maps, it doesn't look impossible to walk from the campgrounds to the park and back. Either by car or by foot, it should be possible to get back to the park before midnight. Many campgrounds I have been to have some sort of policy like that.

I would be worried about staying at a campground farther away, because it looks like traffic could be a nightmare.

Happy for all who are attending, about time U2 made it out that way!!

The venue configuration look very different... this should be an interesting, unique show.

For those of you camping-

Are you guys worried about bears, wolves, and coyotes? :yikes:

No.

I'm a light sleeper anyway, and I always have a hunting knife with me, too.
It's really rare for a dangerous wild animal to attack a campground. It's different if you are out hiking in their territory by their dens, etc.

The only animal I've had attack my tent in 30 years of camping are raccoons. We were stupid and had food out. They scare really easily though.

Camping, trekking through wilderness, and having to fight off bears, wolves and coyotes with Mark's hunting knife.

This is going to be quite a concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom