July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PEI is lovely, too. A great mix of "touristy" attractions and quiet beauty.

My childhood. I lived pretty much right on the ocean on 17 halfway between Panmure Island and Murray Harbour North. My old house is now a B&B or was last time I was out there. it's still standing although well over 100 years old now:

bed and breakfast - Google Maps and
on the street view you'll see it it's yellow with white trim

other side

pan the other way and basically a field separating us from the Atlantic. we'd bike to Panmure Island to swim. Learnt to ride my first bike on that driveway, how to drive a tractor and stick shift Datsun on that field, killed chickens over near the barn on the other side that burnt down, and milked the cows fed the pigs that lived in that barn thats still there. Fired my first shotgun at empty apple cans on the back fence posts. Oh yeah, and watched my dad scrape up a few dogs and cats off the pavement out front.

They say you can't go back but one day I want that land back to be honest.

Le :sigh:

My childhood. I lived pretty much right on the ocean on 17 halfway between Panmure Island and Murray Harbour North. My old house is now a B&B or was last time I was out there. it's still standing although well over 100 years old now:

bed and breakfast - Google Maps and
on the street view you'll see it it's yellow with white trim

other side

pan the other way and basically a field separating us from the Atlantic. we'd bike to Panmure Island to swim. Learnt to ride my first bike on that driveway, how to drive a tractor and stick shift Datsun on that field, killed chickens over near the barn on the other side that burnt down, and milked the cows fed the pigs that lived in that barn thats still there. Fired my first shotgun at empty apple cans on the back fence posts. Oh yeah, and watched my dad scrape up a few dogs and cats off the pavement out front.

They say you can't go back but one day I want that land back to be honest.

Le :sigh:

I completely understand Gvox. We went to PEI every summer when we were kids, it was like a second home. I hope you find peace with that land.. or maybe get a piece of land nearby.

I just got tickets for this concert (YAY!!!) but I got 5 by mistake...I thought they were asking what section you wanted....not how many. :doh: That'll teach me to not have my coffee first.

What do I do? How do I go about selling them?

Not sure this is in the right spot so feel free to move this if necessary.

I just got tickets for this concert (YAY!!!) but I got 5 by mistake...I thought they were asking what section you wanted....not how many. :doh: That'll teach me to not have my coffee first.

I'm sure if you could sell it for face value on kijiji or slightly lower than face.

I just got section 5, as well! I also got 5 by mistake. However, with me it was because I put in 2 tickets out of habit when 3 of us are going. Got to the end, after racing through and noticed the price total. Quickly went back and ordered three. Oddly enough, on my second time through I got tickets for 3 that were 5 rows closer than the tickets for 2 I ordered just a couple minutes earlier.

So, I too will most likely be selling 2 tickets at face value after I receive them.

Just so pumped I got tickets! From all I've seen and read online, behind the stage is an awesome place to be!

I got two tickets for behind the stage too! $29 ain't a bad price!

In this day and age, $29 to see a band like U2 is pretty unreal. I got them not only for cost but because I've heard it's a good spot and it looks to be closer to the stage than the other grandstand seats. I'd go GA but we're not up for the thought of being eons away at the back and hours on feet.

Enjoy the show!

Where behind the stage did everyone get?
I got Seat location: section GS5 S8, row 26, seats 25-30

I would think S8 would be on either the far right or left side...

I do wish there was a more detailed seating map. I wonder where S4 and and S6 will be...?

woo

Im with Billy We ordered right on the dot to be sure living about 2:30 to 3 hours away is a bonus considering we can just up and drive home after the show if we can get out of the area! Making A replica vertigo jacket to go along with my Emporio Armani Sunglasses and dark jeans see you there!:drool::drool::drool::drool:

8th -Hippodrome de Montreal:drool:
9th -Hippodrome de Montreal:drool:
30th -Magnetic Hill,Moncton:drool:

I do wish there was a more detailed seating map. I wonder where S4 and and S6 will be...?

Just spoke to TM customer service....it goes from s1-s10
I just called and got to cancel my order...now have s10, row 16 seats!!!
Was told that section 1 and 10 only have 10 seats in each row.....

Just spoke to TM customer service....it goes from s1-s10
I just called and got to cancel my order...now have s10, row 16 seats!!!
Was told that section 1 and 10 only have 10 seats in each row.....

So you're now 10 rows closer. Sweet!

So if it's sections 1-10 then S4 and S6 should be about the middle of Grandstand 5, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Thanks for the info!

I have seen only a little talk about P.E.I.

I am thinking of flying into Charlottetown and making a base there. It looks like about 2:15 from Charlottetown to Moncton and I do not doubt it will be a beautiful drive. AND, I get to hit two provinces I have never been to.

Any thoughts on the drive (especially post-concert) during that time of year?

I am pretty excited for this show...and I love the fact we are going to give up our NY tickets for a show in God's Country!

I have seen only a little talk about P.E.I.

I am thinking of flying into Charlottetown and making a base there. It looks like about 2:15 from Charlottetown to Moncton and I do not doubt it will be a beautiful drive. AND, I get to hit two provinces I have never been to.

Any thoughts on the drive (especially post-concert) during that time of year?

I am pretty excited for this show...and I love the fact we are going to give up our NY tickets for a show in God's Country!

There will be a couple dozen buses leaving the Island for the concert if you would rather not drive. My wife and I are booked on one. We have done this for AC/DC and the Rolling Stones shows that were in Moncton also. The buses make pick-ups in Charlottetown, Kensington, Summerside and Borden. The cost can be anywhere from $50 to $65 per person return and they park on site. great for anyone that wants to have a few drinks before, during and after the show. If anyone is interested let me know and I will PM you a contact name.

There will be a couple dozen buses leaving the Island for the concert if you would rather not drive. My wife and I are booked on one. We have done this for AC/DC and the Rolling Stones shows that were in Moncton also. The buses make pick-ups in Charlottetown, Kensington, Summerside and Borden. The cost can be anywhere from $50 to $65 per person return and they park on site. great for anyone that wants to have a few drinks before, during and after the show. If anyone is interested let me know and I will PM you a contact name.

Would love the PM....thanks!

These tickets are being delivered at the speed of light. I just received the tickets I bought less than a week ago in the presale.

ramblin rose said:
These tickets are being delivered at the speed of light. I just received the tickets I bought less than a week ago in the presale.

I just read this and then yelled down to my mom asking if anyone got the mail today. And she goes, "Oh yeah, something came from Winnipeg Canada...so I'm assuming that's for you" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom