July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could hear other reps in the background repeating codes to others who'd called in to U2.com.
My subscription was just renewed 1/31.
Got GA, so I'm all set-well, except for a place to sleep that night.
Now, time to think 'what the hell have I gotten myself into?" :hyper:

just got my code reactivated as well.

after you get through and not a busy signal it was about 10 minutes on hold.

thanks all for the help. didnt even think yesterday to log on to my acct to see the status.

any tips for what I can do while I try to get through?

wow-out already? seems like they'll have 70,000?
how many do you think they set aside for the presales?
That's crazy, but exciting to see how pumped people are for this show

Does anyone think they'll add a second show, or is one show definitely it?

probably not all that many for presale. Im sure Arcade Fire is having a presale as well.

but judging by the fact that people are calling that phone number so heavily I would say excitement is high for the show.

It did start then.

I'm not really pleased with this whole faulty product that I purchased. Think that can be an arguement for a refund?

It started at 10 a.m. local time. Moncton is on Atlantic Standard time, which is an hour east of Eastern.

You guys will have a hard time getting a refund based on the argument you did not get GA tickets.

It started at 10 a.m. local time. Moncton is on Atlantic Standard time, which is an hour east of Eastern.

You guys will have a hard time getting a refund based on the argument you did not get GA tickets.

what about based on the argument they gave out passwords that didn't work?

she just said to check my e-mail and the old code would be active. Apparently not.
My old code had 1 ticket left on it, but I called anyway to resolve the issue, and she gave me a brand new code, which she said won;t be on my tour page, or emailed to me.

what about based on the argument they gave out passwords that didn't work?

You should try to argue that they messed up your code and by the time they fixed the problem the tickets you wanted were gone. That *might* work.

You should try to argue that they messed up your code and by the time they fixed the problem the tickets you wanted were gone. That *might* work.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to call and tell them when they're not as busy and I'm not as angry.

Not a bad idea, but I'm thinking alot of people will be thinking the same thing, or heading back that way...what about Kouchibouguac? From Magnetic Hill probably an hour give or take, and not in the direction of traffic returning to NS, right? ;)

Kouchibouguac is beautiful and yea about an hour or so away and the opposite direction of Nova Scotia.

I'm not a huge camper myself but have friends that camp. Shediac had some major flooding in December so it may be pertinant to look into that. But that huge RV park is massive, but gets you close to the water and really close to Moncton

Has anyone had any luck on lodging for the weekend in the area?
Not for the night of the concert yet. I have a hotel booked for the couple of days leading up to it. most hotels seem to all be down the street from each other downtown. None had anything available 7/31. Some even were full 7/30 as well, so I booked one on priceline-refundable-which had that friday still available. It was $164/night plus taxes on top, so maybe $190.

May stay someplace outside of moncton the night of the show, or camp, hasn't been decided yet. still pulling details together, like if people can actually go after working through logistics.

Sweeeeeeeet - got in right at 10:00 looking to get 2 redzone and decided to get 4.

The whole process took about 5 minutes...not bad at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom