July 26, 2011 - Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I have a few questions. This will be my 4th U2 concert, but 1st one with GA tickets! I am a little nervous though because I dont understand fully how GA works. If anyone can help answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated:

1.) Where does the GA line que up at?
2.) What is a descent amount of time to show up at the que?
3.) Is it a pushing/shoving contest to get to the front once they take your ticket?
4.) My parents are going and they really wanted to do the GA tickets, but I don't know my mom can stand up for that long. At some of the other U2 concerts I have gone to, there has been room away from the stage on the floor that people can sit down, is that usually an option?
5.) Last one, my wife is really short is it hard to see on the floor, should we hang back from the stage a bit? I am 6'2 so I should not have a problem.

Sorry for all the questions. Any other helpful advice about GA would be great too!

Thanks everyone - Jimmy

I've decided to go to the Pittsburg show. I'm looking for 1 GA ticket and someone that might be willing to split a room with me. My husband travels to Pittsburg on business and says that they have a great shuttle system that takes you to your hotel from the airport. If anyone is looking to split a room, let me know. I will be flying out from Chicago.

I need someplace to stay. Anybody have space for one more person?

PM'd unforgettable fire but no response...

Looks like my wife and I might hop on board for this one - Head to to Cedar Point between NJ and PIT and whatnot - Tickets on ticketmaster don't look too great right now but I'll keep checking - Have to do will call only since we're leaving for Montreal soon

go to see her events. I would add you to the list if you were my facebook friend. I know you're hers, so you should find it in her events.

What was section 138 on ticketmaster, 250 dollars? I just got a great price on StubHub - It looks like its 250 in most stadiums

So is anyone staying at the Hyatt North Shore right by the stadium? I think it's also close to Jerome Bettis' Grille 36.

I have to bleed $900 out of my nose in order to stay there for 3 nights.:grumpy:

I'm staying at the Marriott about 15 minutes north if the Stadium - it's a Fairfield Inn - They are always nice hotels

I have a dilemma that that I'm sure has been addressed before, but here goes.

I have already seen U2 three times during this tour and five other times. However, I have always had seats. After East Lansing, I rearranged my schedule and I'm going to Pittsburgh for my first GA U2 show. I have found RZ tickets at $325 and the original buyer will meet me at will call the day of the show. There are also plenty of GA tickets available. I don't have a problem camping out in line or getting there at 6:00am. The question is: Which ticket, RZ or GA has the advantage of getting closest to center-stage?

Thanks

I have a dilemma that that I'm sure has been addressed before, but here goes.

I have already seen U2 three times during this tour and five other times. However, I have always had seats. After East Lansing, I rearranged my schedule and I'm going to Pittsburgh for my first GA U2 show. I have found RZ tickets at $325 and the original buyer will meet me at will call the day of the show. There are also plenty of GA tickets available. I don't have a problem camping out in line or getting there at 6:00am. The question is: Which ticket, RZ or GA has the advantage of getting closest to center-stage?

Thanks

GA. Red Zones are on the sides of the stage. RZ1 Edge side, RZ2 Adam side.

Red Zone people are allowed into the circle, though. Having a RZ writstband does not limit you to the RZ (although, in my opinion, it should).

There was some drama in Anaheim about the RZ people being let onto the floor before the GA lines, so the front rail inside the circle was full of RZ people before GA even got inside. I'm not sure if that happened at other shows or if it was just an Anaheim fail.

In any case, it's definitely not worth an extra $250 to have an off chance at a slightly better position. Just go with GA. It's more fun to have the full experience anyway, especially if you've never done it before.

I'm trying to find out what time they will allow us to start lining up, does anyone know who I need to contact to find out?
I've looked at the Steelers website and can't find anything (I was hoping for a website for just Heinz Field, but one doesn't seem to exist).

In any case, it's definitely not worth an extra $250

It depends what your time is worth. If money isnt a big issue, its certainly alot more comfortable to stroll in and enjoy the concert at showtime and not be exhausted from sitting on concrete and baking in the sun for a day or two.

Plus the extra fees for RZ go to charity.

So is anyone staying at the Hyatt North Shore right by the stadium? I think it's also close to Jerome Bettis' Grille 36.

I have to bleed $900 out of my nose in order to stay there for 3 nights.:grumpy:
I lucked out with the Hyatt. about 2 weeks ago, i decided to do this show.
I searched Priceline for minimum 3 stars hotels downtown-they have a map, it includes the Heinz area.
There's maybe 4 hotels it couldve chosen for name your own price.
You have to be very careful doing that option-know your area, and what hotels it brings up beforehand in a general search before committing.
and make sure you choose 3 stars.
anyway, I tried a ridiculously low number and it got rejected. I then tried $95 a night -and gave me the Hyatt on north shore?!
Could NOT believe it. Tried to add a 3rd night because I'm staying and other friends are coming in. Priceline said the 3rd night not at $95, but I got $180, and there's 4 of us.
so, maybe try it? couldn't believe my luck.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom