July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone reckon that if you hang around by Croke Park stage entrance the boys'll come out and sign things like they did last tour? I wouldn't bother on the day that I'm going to the show (24th) as I'd rather be waiting in the actual queue but if I've seen all the sights in Dublin by the 27th show might it be worth hanging around for a bit on the off-chance?

That's what I was wondering too. There is no way to know if they will come and sign autographs, but I want to try.

^ But surely Croke Park has a back entrance that they will need to enter to get to soundchecking?? Just hang around there surely. God if I actually got a Joshua Tree vinyl sleeve signed by one of them.. :drool: not even worth thinking about.

I got my Joshua Tree Vinyl sleeve signed by Bono and Adam when they were in NYC in March. I'm going to bring something small so I can just put it in my bag

Aye, the last tour i didnt turn up until well after the gates opened and only inside the pit was full. The pitch was pretty much empty, i think there was about 100 people in total on it. Id say you could still get a pretty good spot turning up at 6, i was on the rail the last time. In fact i know a guy that security for the vertigo tour and he said people were still coming in half way through U2's set. But thats the way it is in Ireland, we wait til the last minute to turn up for everything. Im certainly not gonna be queuing up from the break of dawn to get a spot under Bono's nose, im gonna go to a bar, have a few drinks and enjoy Dublin.

Agreed- thanks Little Fly-
that leads me to my next question, can anyone reccomend some cool pubs closer to Croke ?

Dublin/Vegas/Vancouver

Are you going to the show in vancouver in october, just wondering because i will be in canada in september for a year so i got tickets to the final gig of the tour.

I'm doing the 3 shows in Dublin, the Vegas show and the 2009 closing show in Vancouver...When vancouver gets a little closer I'm sure we'll be talking about meet ups for the Interference crew...see you there!

I'd be interested in meeting sometimes besides the official gathering...if you like dark stuff maybe a visit to Guinness brewery wouldn't be bad idea...I don't want to go there alone.

Anyone else is in for a meet up at the Guiness brewery/storehouse?...They have a great pub with a view of all Dublin called the Gravity Bar....Enough interference people in there at one time and we could rename it the Elevation Bar for an afternoon...

On a final note for tonight...The photos, Youtubes and reviews of Barcelona 1 are fantastic...Opening night video even made the local news here on west coast Canada....Can't wait for July 24...for Dublin....and to see and meet as many Interference people as possible...

Anyone else is in for a meet up at the Guiness brewery/storehouse?...They have a great pub with a view of all Dublin called the Gravity Bar....Enough interference people in there at one time and we could rename it the Elevation Bar for an afternoon...

I'll be there Friday afternoon - the 24th!

I'm still stressing about what I should pack :scream:

I'm bringing jeans, a couple of hoodies and for the shows I got some some black short sleeve tops. I can wear a hoodie over them if it is cold before the show starts. For shoes I'm bringing a pair of sneakers and a pair of ugg like mini black boots. I don't want to wear sneakers to the show, but don't know what other shoes to wear since it is summer and like 90 degrees out here, so I can't go and buy anything.

I'm stressing about how the GA is going to go

What's your concern? Getting inside the Claw?

It shouldn't be too bad as it's first come first served. The people at the front of the Barca 1 GA queue were there for two days, but I was chatting to others in the queue and people who had arrived around 6am that morning were numbers 800 (using the fans' own system of numbering). Someone told me 3000 can fit inside the claw so you should be ok if you get down there in the morning.

LOL. I'm stressing about which camera to bring...
These will be my first U2 concerts so please can you tell me if it is possible at all to bring in a camera? If so what about a digital SLR or is it better to smuggle a compact :hmm:

OK, I know this was posted before, but I'm trying to get all of my ducks in a row early. What kind of power converter thing-a-ma-jig would I need if I need to charge the following items from U.S. in Ireland...

1. Cell phone (iPhone, Sony Ericcson phone)
2. Camera Battery (for Nikon DSLR)
3. Video Camera (say through USB).

I'm thinking just a prong converter is not enough, that some sort of transformer is needed due to 120V vs. 220V.

I've never been to Ireland before...

What's your concern? Getting inside the Claw?

It shouldn't be too bad as it's first come first served. The people at the front of the Barca 1 GA queue were there for two days, but I was chatting to others in the queue and people who had arrived around 6am that morning were numbers 800 (using the fans' own system of numbering). Someone told me 3000 can fit inside the claw so you should be ok if you get down there in the morning.

I think stress was the wrong word. I just get anxiety sometimes

These will be my first U2 concerts so please can you tell me if it is possible at all to bring in a camera? If so what about a digital SLR or is it better to smuggle a compact :hmm:

You'll be fine with whatever. Most people bring in a camera. People in the GA queue were taking in rucksacks with them!

I've never gone GA before, but the last U2 concerts I went to we were allowed to bring point and shoot cameras. I didn't see anyone around me with an SLR camera, but I don't know if they would confiscate it it they saw one...

The only thing I experienced was when I was in Wachovia Center, I was taking pictures of the opening act (Kings of Leon or Stereophonics, I forgot), and one of the ushers actually told me to stop taking pictures. But he didn't take my camera... When U2 was playing, someone standing 2 rows in front of me had a mini camcorder, and he started video-taping the show. An usher came and almost confiscated it. At that time maybe people were not allowed to video-tape?

This time I want to bring a slightly advanced point and shoot with better zoom (20x) but the camera is bulky and looks similar to a SLR. So I'm a bit anxious that they won't let me in with it. Maybe I'll just try to bring it when I'm not in GA. Hopefully when we're in GA we'll be close enough to do away with a compact point and shoot.

what's the temperature like over there? I'm living in kc where it's like a hundred degrees - guessing it's not going to be t-shirt/shorts weather? :)

getting in on the 23rd and hoping to have a sing along on the plane :) staying in dublin for four nights so look forward to meeting some of you guys.

ladies - two single doctors coming from the states if any of y'all are interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom