July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 08:26 AM
July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

1) In the past (elevation and vertigo tour), were all dublin dates announced at the same time in the initial tourdate announcement? Or were the 2nd and 3rd show (Vertigo) added later, only after the 1st show sold out. Did they go on sale all at once so that if you wanted to, you coulda jumped straight on show #3 tickets for instance?

2) I live in Canada, and am not familiar with how ticket sales in Europe- ireland- are handled. Is there one company/website like Ticketmaster where all tickets are sold thru? If so, can other countires like US or Canada access these ticket sales sites - the same way anyone can log onto and purchese from ticketmaster.com

Old 02-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:26 AM
U2 has a deal with Live Nation. You have to buy the tickets through that site. Or if you are a U2.com member, theres a pre-sale.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Refugee

I have bought other Live Nation events thru ticketmaster before
Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
1) In the past (elevation and vertigo tour), were all dublin dates announced at the same time in the initial tourdate announcement? Or were the 2nd and 3rd show (Vertigo) added later, only after the 1st show sold out. Did they go on sale all at once so that if you wanted to, you coulda jumped straight on show #3 tickets for instance?
The 2nd (and 3rd) were added later, though in Vertigo's case, there was a clear gap in the schedule for them to be added once the 1st sold out. On Elevation, they had to negotiate to hold a second gig at Slane, since normally there's only one show per year there.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 02:26 AM
I'm planning on traveling to Dublin for a show, so I'm also curious about the ticket sale process. Is Ticketmaster also used for shows across the pond? I hoping my U2.com membership will come in handy for pre-sale, for sure...
Old 02-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
I have bought other Live Nation events thru ticketmaster before
Well, you won't be able to anymore for U2 because they signed the 360-degree deal with LiveNation. Everything will go through them now.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:

2) I live in Canada, and am not familiar with how ticket sales in Europe- ireland- are handled. Is there one company/website like Ticketmaster where all tickets are sold thru? If so, can other countires like US or Canada access these ticket sales sites - the same way anyone can log onto and purchese from ticketmaster.com

Hey Marik, I also live in Canada at the moment, but I'm originally from London. I have got nearly all my tickets through Ticketmaster in the past, but Seetickets is another site used in the UK as well, these are the two main ones that I know about, there's also Stargreen and Big Mouth and probably loads of others I haven't used.
If you have a U2 membership I think it takes you directly to Ticketmaster anyway.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 AM   #8
The Fly

First we don't know if there will be a presale this time. Although I suppose there will.

Second the 3rd Vertigo Show was announced very late and put on sale weeks after the 1st and 2nd. They had to deal with the neighborhood people first.

Third Live Nation has no business in most european countries so they have to work with local poromoters. In Ireland I suppose they work with ticketmaster.ie
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #9
The Fly

In the past all tickets for U2 concerts in Irl were bought through Ticketmaster. I'm sure this is common knowledge already but just in case it isn't - It was announced on the radio here in Ireland that U2 will be playing Croke Park on the 25th, 26th and 27th July, the tour starts in Barcalona (Hope those dates are right, I could only barely here the radio).
Old 02-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgokelly View Post
It was announced on the radio here in Ireland that U2 will be playing Croke Park on the 25th, 26th and 27th July, the tour starts in Barcalona (Hope those dates are right, I could only barely here the radio).

Nice

Was there any word on when they are going on sale?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Late July in Croke Park? I'm down with that
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

The sites where I usually buy concert tickets already have U2 on ticketalarm. No definite dates were announced, though.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Please please please have at least 1 show in manchester! (although would much prefer liverpool, but thats not going to happen).
Old 02-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #14
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgokelly View Post
In the past all tickets for U2 concerts in Irl were bought through Ticketmaster. I'm sure this is common knowledge already but just in case it isn't - It was announced on the radio here in Ireland that U2 will be playing Croke Park on the 25th, 26th and 27th July, the tour starts in Barcalona (Hope those dates are right, I could only barely here the radio).
I would say you have the correct weekend but U2 never play 3 shows in a row, and they haven't done so since 1992. It's more likely Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Monday 27th, which is similar to Vertigo 2005.

There are only 2 possible weekends that they can play Croke Park:

Weekend commencing Friday July 17th and the weekend commencing Friday July 24th. The reason is the GAA event calendar:
Croke Park Stadium.

All other weekends are taken up with GAA matches, and midweek concerts at Croke Park are extremely unlikely.

They have a concert on the event calendar marked "Proposed Concert TBC" for July 19th (a Sunday) but this is only provisional and may or may not have anything to do with a U2 show.

My guess is you have the right weekend, as logisticly they could play Wembley Stadium in London on the weekend of July 17th, and then over to Dublin the following weekend, meaning they could play Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff in between these dates.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayf View Post
I would say you have the correct weekend but U2 never play 3 shows in a row, and they haven't done so since 1992. It's more likely Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Monday 27th, which is similar to Vertigo 2005.

There are only 2 possible weekends that they can play Croke Park:

Weekend commencing Friday July 17th and the weekend commencing Friday July 24th. The reason is the GAA event calendar:
Croke Park Stadium.

All other weekends are taken up with GAA matches, and midweek concerts at Croke Park are extremely unlikely.

They have a concert on the event calendar marked "Proposed Concert TBC" for July 19th (a Sunday) but this is only provisional and may or may not have anything to do with a U2 show.

My guess is you have the right weekend, as logisticly they could play Wembley Stadium in London on the weekend of July 17th, and then over to Dublin the following weekend, meaning they could play Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff in between these dates.
Your probably right, as I said earlier I coulld barely hear what they were saying on the radio (Colm and Jim Jim breakfast show).

Tags
croke park, dublin, tour dates