July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marik

Refugee
1) In the past (elevation and vertigo tour), were all dublin dates announced at the same time in the initial tourdate announcement? Or were the 2nd and 3rd show (Vertigo) added later, only after the 1st show sold out. Did they go on sale all at once so that if you wanted to, you coulda jumped straight on show #3 tickets for instance?

2) I live in Canada, and am not familiar with how ticket sales in Europe- ireland- are handled. Is there one company/website like Ticketmaster where all tickets are sold thru? If so, can other countires like US or Canada access these ticket sales sites - the same way anyone can log onto and purchese from ticketmaster.com

U2 has a deal with Live Nation. You have to buy the tickets through that site. Or if you are a U2.com member, theres a pre-sale.

1) In the past (elevation and vertigo tour), were all dublin dates announced at the same time in the initial tourdate announcement? Or were the 2nd and 3rd show (Vertigo) added later, only after the 1st show sold out. Did they go on sale all at once so that if you wanted to, you coulda jumped straight on show #3 tickets for instance?

The 2nd (and 3rd) were added later, though in Vertigo's case, there was a clear gap in the schedule for them to be added once the 1st sold out. On Elevation, they had to negotiate to hold a second gig at Slane, since normally there's only one show per year there.

I'm planning on traveling to Dublin for a show, so I'm also curious about the ticket sale process. Is Ticketmaster also used for shows across the pond? I hoping my U2.com membership will come in handy for pre-sale, for sure...

I have bought other Live Nation events thru ticketmaster before

Well, you won't be able to anymore for U2 because they signed the 360-degree deal with LiveNation. Everything will go through them now.

2) I live in Canada, and am not familiar with how ticket sales in Europe- ireland- are handled. Is there one company/website like Ticketmaster where all tickets are sold thru? If so, can other countires like US or Canada access these ticket sales sites - the same way anyone can log onto and purchese from ticketmaster.com

Hey Marik, I also live in Canada at the moment, but I'm originally from London. I have got nearly all my tickets through Ticketmaster in the past, but Seetickets is another site used in the UK as well, these are the two main ones that I know about, there's also Stargreen and Big Mouth and probably loads of others I haven't used.
If you have a U2 membership I think it takes you directly to Ticketmaster anyway.

First we don't know if there will be a presale this time. Although I suppose there will.

Second the 3rd Vertigo Show was announced very late and put on sale weeks after the 1st and 2nd. They had to deal with the neighborhood people first.

Third Live Nation has no business in most european countries so they have to work with local poromoters. In Ireland I suppose they work with ticketmaster.ie

In the past all tickets for U2 concerts in Irl were bought through Ticketmaster. I'm sure this is common knowledge already but just in case it isn't - It was announced on the radio here in Ireland that U2 will be playing Croke Park on the 25th, 26th and 27th July, the tour starts in Barcalona (Hope those dates are right, I could only barely here the radio).

The sites where I usually buy concert tickets already have U2 on ticketalarm. No definite dates were announced, though.

Please please please have at least 1 show in manchester! (although would much prefer liverpool, but thats not going to happen).

In the past all tickets for U2 concerts in Irl were bought through Ticketmaster. I'm sure this is common knowledge already but just in case it isn't - It was announced on the radio here in Ireland that U2 will be playing Croke Park on the 25th, 26th and 27th July, the tour starts in Barcalona (Hope those dates are right, I could only barely here the radio).

I would say you have the correct weekend but U2 never play 3 shows in a row, and they haven't done so since 1992. It's more likely Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Monday 27th, which is similar to Vertigo 2005.

There are only 2 possible weekends that they can play Croke Park:

Weekend commencing Friday July 17th and the weekend commencing Friday July 24th. The reason is the GAA event calendar:
Croke Park Stadium.

All other weekends are taken up with GAA matches, and midweek concerts at Croke Park are extremely unlikely.

They have a concert on the event calendar marked "Proposed Concert TBC" for July 19th (a Sunday) but this is only provisional and may or may not have anything to do with a U2 show.

My guess is you have the right weekend, as logisticly they could play Wembley Stadium in London on the weekend of July 17th, and then over to Dublin the following weekend, meaning they could play Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff in between these dates.

I would say you have the correct weekend but U2 never play 3 shows in a row, and they haven't done so since 1992. It's more likely Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Monday 27th, which is similar to Vertigo 2005.

There are only 2 possible weekends that they can play Croke Park:

Weekend commencing Friday July 17th and the weekend commencing Friday July 24th. The reason is the GAA event calendar:
Croke Park Stadium.

All other weekends are taken up with GAA matches, and midweek concerts at Croke Park are extremely unlikely.

They have a concert on the event calendar marked "Proposed Concert TBC" for July 19th (a Sunday) but this is only provisional and may or may not have anything to do with a U2 show.

My guess is you have the right weekend, as logisticly they could play Wembley Stadium in London on the weekend of July 17th, and then over to Dublin the following weekend, meaning they could play Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff in between these dates.

Your probably right, as I said earlier I coulld barely hear what they were saying on the radio (Colm and Jim Jim breakfast show).:wave:

I would say you have the correct weekend but U2 never play 3 shows in a row, and they haven't done so since 1992.

Incorrect. U2 did three shows in three days on Popmart (5, 6, 7 February 1998 in Buenos Aires) and on Elevation (18 November 2001 in Las Vegas, 19/11 in Los Angeles, 20/11 in Sacramento). U2 may normally avoid doing more than 2 shows, but they'll do a 3rd if absolutely necessary.

Heard the following on the radio yesterday

Croke park 24 25 26 July
Other tidbits but no idea of dates.....Newcam stadium
Paris 10 11 july
Week of gigs in Nice
Berlin
Amsterdam
Wembley
Millennium stadium
City of Manchester in August
America – first full stadium program for 12 years after August
Sept ny Chicago boston

What, a whole week of gigs in Nice? That doesn't make sense. I've read Nice will be on July, 15.

The rest could very well be true, I hope there will be more Germany shows.
They'll start in Spain late June.

What, a whole week of gigs in Nice? That doesn't make sense. I've read Nice will be on July, 15.

Yes, just one gig in Nice, and 2 gigs in Barcelona (Nou Camp)

Great, Dublin in July, now I only need to have confirmed my summer job in Dublin and I can start finding a way how to get the tickets.

Heard the following on the radio yesterday

Croke park 24 25 26 July
Other tidbits but no idea of dates.....Newcam stadium
Paris 10 11 july
Week of gigs in Nice
Berlin
Amsterdam
Wembley
Millennium stadium
City of Manchester in August
America – first full stadium program for 12 years after August
Sept ny Chicago boston

I doubt that they will be playing the City of Manchester in August as it is needed by Manchester City FC.

I'm actually starting to hope the US dates aren't coming until the fall - that gives me a) time to save $$$; and b) a brand new grant of vacation time as of 10/1. And also, I would guess that fall dates = indoor concerts. WHOOT!

The hard part will be trying to avoid tour spoilers. I'm going to try and go into everything fresh.

I predict I'll cave less than a week after the tour starts. ;)

Yes, just one gig in Nice, and 2 gigs in Barcelona (Nou Camp)

I doubt that they will be playing the City of Manchester in August as it is needed by Manchester City FC.

:giggle: Yeah I think the Nice thing was a bit of tongue in cheek! I was typing it as they said it on the radio....and barely any dates were given, just approximations and a lot of chit chat which made it hard to follow! Can't wait to hear something more concrete!

Incorrect. U2 did three shows in three days on Popmart (5, 6, 7 February 1998 in Buenos Aires) and on Elevation (18 November 2001 in Las Vegas, 19/11 in Los Angeles, 20/11 in Sacramento). U2 may normally avoid doing more than 2 shows, but they'll do a 3rd if absolutely necessary.

And Atlanta 30/11, Tampa 1/12, Miami 2/12.

Vox

I also heard the dates were published in the Irish Daily Mirror today - can anyone confirm? There doesn't seem to be a website for that paper that I can find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom