July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just booked my flights and car rental tonite.. OMG.. IT'S OFFICAL I'M GOING TO IRELAND!:hyper::faint::heart: Going with the spousal unit and doing a vacation before the shows.. Now I just have to get those U2 tix!!!!! :yikes:

Enjoy the $7 a gallon gas :ohmy:

We thought about renting a car and driving around Ireland after the Dublin shows, too, but it's way too expensive... hello buses and trains :wave:

The three date in Dublin 'rumour' is all over the place at the mo., and has been since before Christmas.
"U2 are reportedly set to play three huge concerts in Croke Park next year. "

Personally I'm working on the assumption of 24th, 25th and 27th... ...
also becoming anxious re tickets already.

Yes, an in theory they even could play more nights, could do a four-night-stand, a five-night-stand – if they want to and are allowed to do so – there is plenty of time on the 28th plus ...:hmm:

Enjoy the $7 a gallon gas :ohmy:

We thought about renting a car and driving around Ireland after the Dublin shows, too, but it's way too expensive... hello buses and trains :wave:

not really a problem.. gonna try and get a diesel car if possible. Diesel is cheaper I think (fuel). Driving a compact car so good gas mileage. That was the price last time we went so no biggie. Can't explore the countryside and all the great towns on buses and trains IMO. We will be staying at B&Bs along the way.

i just booked my flights and car rental tonite.. OMG.. IT'S OFFICAL I'M GOING TO IRELAND!:hyper::faint::heart: Going with the spousal unit and doing a vacation before the shows.. Now I just have to get those U2 tix!!!!! :yikes:

It's a great feeling isn't it. The last piece that is missing is the tickets.

Ok I do realise this question is going to sound REALLY stupid, but still I need to ask.

Where on earth do we buy tickets for dublin? There's no such adress as livenation.ie :huh: Ticketbastard.ie has no U2 dates, and when I googled and went to livenation selected ireland, it gave me theo2.ie or so and when I searched U2 it gave me the Kings of Leon. :|

Ok I do realise this question is going to sound REALLY stupid, but still I need to ask.

Where on earth do we buy tickets for dublin? There's no such adress as livenation.ie :huh: Ticketbastard.ie has no U2 dates, and when I googled and went to livenation selected ireland, it gave me theo2.ie or so and when I searched U2 it gave me the Kings of Leon. :|

wondering this myself.. it could be that its not up yet. I think ticketmaster.ie is going to handle it (read this somewhere). The general sale is supposed to be March 20 so since the presales are on tues, wed and thurs before that then I imagine that will be next week. I think we should see it by monday at the latest.

I am going to this show so I have been quite nervous about how this gonna go.

Hey everyone,

I'd really appreciate anyone's advice. I have read that U2 are likely to be playing 3 dates at Croke Park in July, 24th, 25th and 27th July, I really want to go to the concert on the 25th July and have a presale code. At the moment only the 24th July is listed and I am thinking about risking it and not buying tickets until the 25th July is announced.

If the 2nd date is announced, do you think there will be another presale for that date? Someone from the U2 yahoo groups said there wouldn't be, but that hasn't been the case for the Michael Jackson tour at the moment, there have been presales for all additional dates. I'm hoping to get GA tickets and thought my best chance was using the presale code and I don't want to use that up for the 24th July.

I am sure U2 will play around 3 dates at Croke Park, just going by what they did in the last 2 tours and all the rumours going around.

The tour page on u2.com is now showing July 25 as well for Croke :drool: Hopefully that means a pre-sale for that night as well :drool::drool::drool:

Hi all,
Hope not a silly question..
PLEASE help with info for cheap hotels in Dubllin for July? I am planning my trip from Australia and buy presale GA tickes for the 24 or 25 and swap with other fans for the other date... any hotel or cheap places to crash the nights will be appreciated..
Thank you all and Cheers!!

The tour page on u2.com is now showing July 25 as well for Croke :drool: Hopefully that means a pre-sale for that night as well :drool::drool::drool:

the presale should work for either date since they are both go on sale the same day.. presale should start, ironically, on St. Patrick's Day... may the luck of the irish be with us all!

cheers
t McBird

Hi all,
Hope not a silly question..
PLEASE help with info for cheap hotels in Dubllin for July? I am planning my trip from Australia and buy presale GA tickes for the 24 or 25 and swap with other fans for the other date... any hotel or cheap places to crash the nights will be appreciated..
Thank you all and Cheers!!

Not familiar with the area so can't really recommend anywhere (the hotel I am staying at has already put it's prices up to 200euros a night). What I would say is get the hotel reserved as quicjkly as possible as they will fill up very quickly.

Hello everyone..
Does the number of tickets is limited to the u2.com users, even for this date? I mean, here in Italy some of the Boots group couldn't get their GA tickets because Ticketone said that there's a number of tickets reserved for the u2.com users, and the rest of the tickets was reserved for the public sale.. Then fortunately they changed policy, so every u2.com user managed to get tickets.. Will this happen even for Dublin, or it would be quite hard to get ticket even for the subscribers?

HELP! Should I see U2 in Dublin???

Okay, folks - I need some advice. I'm suddenly considering a trip to Dublin to see U2 in concert. My wife and I have been married 10 years, and our birthdays are the 24th and 25th of July - the dates for the two Dublin shows! I've seen every tour (and sometimes multiple shows) since ZooTV. However, we have never been to Dublin, or even to Europe for that matter. Would this be a simple trip for a novice to successfully pull off? How easy is it to get around Dublin? Is it a relatively safe place to be on foot, or should I budget for automotive transportation?
What about seeing U2 in Croke Park? I'm in the Horizon group for the presale - should I go with GA tickets or reserved seats? GA in Europe looks a bit more rowdy than in the States, no? I would only need 2 tickets, and I can't split my allotment between Dublin and the US. Should I buy 4 and sell or trade?
We're pretty well travelled in the States, but I'm a little apprehensive about making a trip to Ireland with such little planning. Please help!!

Go to Dublin because they're Irish and everyone knows a band loves a home crowd. You've only got one life to live!

Dublin is safe, especially if you're drunk like everyone else. :) I doubt you'd need a car unless you want to go trekking in the countryside (rolling green hills, lots of stones, a castle here and there, that sort of thing). And cheap flights can easily be had to/from London (check out Ryanair for example).

Buy 4 and sell/trade if you can be bothered, otherwise just be happy with the 2.

I would think that all tickets will be available to u2.com subscribers. Then they will sell out on Friday. And I would think maybe the next Friday Dublin 3 would go on sale with no presale??? Was there a presale for Dublin3 last time. I though it was like an Ireland only/First hour sale...

Okay, folks - I need some advice. I'm suddenly considering a trip to Dublin to see U2 in concert. My wife and I have been married 10 years, and our birthdays are the 24th and 25th of July - the dates for the two Dublin shows! I've seen every tour (and sometimes multiple shows) since ZooTV. However, we have never been to Dublin, or even to Europe for that matter. Would this be a simple trip for a novice to successfully pull off? How easy is it to get around Dublin? Is it a relatively safe place to be on foot, or should I budget for automotive transportation?
What about seeing U2 in Croke Park? I'm in the Horizon group for the presale - should I go with GA tickets or reserved seats? GA in Europe looks a bit more rowdy than in the States, no? I would only need 2 tickets, and I can't split my allotment between Dublin and the US. Should I buy 4 and sell or trade?
We're pretty well travelled in the States, but I'm a little apprehensive about making a trip to Ireland with such little planning. Please help!!

I can't help you cos I've never been to Dublin nor on any concert but if you'd buy 4 tickets I'm here to buy or trade one ticket.

If you can manage it...

....GO! If I didn't have two kids in college and etc, etc....I'd go in a heartbeat! :drool: And I've never been. If you're used to traveling, you must be somewhat adventurous.

My oldest daughter (she was 20) went to Ireland last summer with friends. They had no car rental, they walked or used public transportation and never felt uncomfortable or unsafe.

She loved Dublin, but also traveled south down the coast and then traveled up to Galway and then back to Dublin. It was wonderful and she can't wait to go back.

Regarding the tickets, I'm not sure about that. From what I've read, if you get the four tickets and only use 2, you wouldn't have much trouble selling them (at face value of course) or trading, perhaps for a show here in the states. :) Read that article over at @u2.com on the how to's of ticket buying. It suggests getting on a ticket trading list/site, just for that purpose.

Good luck and GO MAN GO!!! (yes, I'm shouting)

Go there, buy 4 and sell the remaining 2 to me if I can't get them myself. :wink:

Dublin is fine, we went there in 2005 for Vertigo, and yes the bit immediately around Croke Park itself is frankly a shit hole, and there are probably other dodgy bits, but the main touristy areas are perfectly safe (safer than most US cities by a long way), and the locals are very friendly (once you can understand the accent!)

You don't need a car- there are plenty of buses running from the airport to Dublin iteslf (takes about 45 minutes), and if you're staying in the city itself, everything is very walkable.

as for the crowd- they were fine in the gold circle GA, the rest I can't comment on- but typically if you stand a bit further back from the barrier there are no problems. From what I could see everyone in the seats was up an dancing the minute the show started anyway

I would recommend doing it- besides the Irish love Americans so you'll be almost certain of a warm welcome!

Does anyone have an opinion on which show is usually the best when there are multiple shows?? If you can only make one, do you go to the first or last???

I would say the last is generally the best, but with Dublin which will be the last??? The 25th? The 27th? The 28th? Who knows??

I would say the last is generally the best, but with Dublin which will be the last??? The 25th? The 27th? The 28th? Who knows??

My money's on 27. :wink:

And I agree with you, last is usually best. With U2 you usually get a rare song on the third night. Dublin got Gloria and Bad last tour, Amsterdam got full electric Who's gonna ride your wild horses and the first performance of Miss Sarajevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom