July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering asking some fellow fans here for one ticket to Dublin as well. If someone who's buying some spare tickets is considering going to Chorzow gig I can provide tickets then. I don't know in what other way I'd thank you. Or I'd just buy one, as Chino.

Or see it in a different way. These people PREVENT the tickets to end up in scalpers's hands, and you can trade with them or buy their tickets at face value.

Very true. I think most of us on this site are very very happy to help out other fans and ensure tickets do not get to scalpers.

:up:

Apologies - I misunderstood the sentiment of 'trade'. Keeping it within the community is perfectly fine by me.

U2Lunatic,
I'll be on the lookout for you as well if I hear about someone selling/trading one ticket. I think it will be easier for you since its just one. In my case, I would need two. Since I am already spending a good amount of money on the trip (flight, hotels, expenses, etc.), a ticket on the far back (not behind the stage) would seem like a good option considering its cheaper price :) . What kind of ticket are you looking for?

U2Lunatic,
I'll be on the lookout for you as well if I hear about someone selling/trading one ticket. I think it will be easier for you since its just one. In my case, I would need two. Since I am already spending a good amount of money on the trip (flight, hotels, expenses, etc.), a ticket on the far back (not behind the stage) would seem like a good option considering its cheaper price :) . What kind of ticket are you looking for?

That'd be great If you let me know when you find someone, thanks.
I don't mind what tickets I'd get. I just want to see them in Dublin, I'd go with anything. Have you already booked the hotel and flight ?

That'd be great If you let me know when you find someone, thanks.
I don't mind what tickets I'd get. I just want to see them in Dublin, I'd go with anything. Have you already booked the hotel and flight ?

It should be a great experience. I am about to book my flight/hotel tonight. I will notify people in the office about the week I am planning to spend in Ireland and make sure things are alright.

How about you? :)

I can get 4 tickets to Dublin and I only need 2. I'm willing to trade the 2 Dublin for NY GAs.

I can get 4 tickets to Dublin and I only need 2. I'm willing to trade the 2 Dublin for NY GAs.

Me an my wife are only "Breathe" members so.... We really want to go to Dublin for the show. We're from NY, We both have codes. I'm slight nervous about getting tickets to Dublin as Breathe members... We are also going to NY, but will only need 2 GAs also..

It should be a great experience. I am about to book my flight/hotel tonight. I will notify people in the office about the week I am planning to spend in Ireland and make sure things are alright.

How about you? :)

I'm going to be there during the whole July, I'll have part-time job. But If I don't find anything I'd go there just for a week.

Me an my wife are only "Breathe" members so.... We really want to go to Dublin for the show. We're from NY, We both have codes. I'm slight nervous about getting tickets to Dublin as Breathe members... We are also going to NY, but will only need 2 GAs also..

My fiance is a Breathe memeber and so I don't think we will be able to get GAs for NY because a lot of people are talking about going there and he can't get them till the second day

My fiance is a Breathe memeber and so I don't think we will be able to get GAs for NY because a lot of people are talking about going there and he can't get them till the second day

I really don't think it will be all that big of a problem for NY. Simply for the fact there ain't to many u2.com subscribers to begin with. There might be 18-20,000 Horizon + Breathe subscribers and they ain't all going to be going for NY. Plus its a stadium and not MSG, so you'd have to figure there will be 5-10,000 GA tickets...

So you are Horizon?? At least you've got one Horizon code. I've got both Breathe. Frustrating since I was a member of Prop since '95 (and even WIRE since '92, remember that?), but didn't see the benefit of u2.con since the Vertigo fiasco...

Good luck. I just wish I knew I was getting Dublin tickets. I want to book my trip/vacation....

It all depends if they release all of the tickets to the fan club. If they do, I don't think there will be that big of a problem. you should definitely get a ticket however. Croke holds 80,000 people. So basically if everyone from u2.com with Horizon and Breathe codes wanted to go to Dublin AND buy 4 tickets they could fill every seat in the house.

If they limit the ticket drop so that some of it goes to public sale, then I'd think there will be some problems for Breathe subscribers. Probably none for Horizon subscribers...

I would think Barcelona, Dublin and Chicago (and NY, Boston, London) would be highest demand for this tour...

I'm A horizon subscriber and I'm using my presale for Dublin and my fiancee is Breathe and we are using his for NA.

as it was to expensive for me to upgrade my account before the dates, i'm in the afternoon of the second day just to get ONE ticket for GA in Dublin :reject:

I really don't think it will be all that big of a problem for NY. Simply for the fact there ain't to many u2.com subscribers to begin with. There might be 18-20,000 Horizon + Breathe subscribers and they ain't all going to be going for NY. Plus its a stadium and not MSG, so you'd have to figure there will be 5-10,000 GA tickets...

See...I don't get this reasoning....
They absolutely limit tickets that are dumped into the pre-sale. They are not all available for purchasing during pre-sales. Who knows how many they will have available and how many at each price level.

i am planning to go to one or all dublin shows depending on my luck. I will probably use hubbys presale code and get 4 tix with 2 for a trade on another nite there. So, everyone keep me in mind. :D

I hope all goes well with the presale. I have never bought concert tix for a european show.. *anxious* and scareded..:reject:

any tips would be so appreciated!:wave:

i am planning to go to one or all dublin shows depending on my luck. I will probably use hubbys presale code and get 4 tix with 2 for a trade on another nite there. So, everyone keep me in mind. :D

I hope all goes well with the presale. I have never bought concert tix for a european show.. *anxious* and scareded..:reject:

yeah me too :reject::reject:

See...I don't get this reasoning....
They absolutely limit tickets that are dumped into the pre-sale. They are not all available for purchasing during pre-sales. Who knows how many they will have available and how many at each price level.

Actually I think fiasco of the first Vertigo pre-sale stopped that. Dublin 1 sold out during the pre-sale in 2005. Dublin 2 went on sale during the pre-sale.... So they obviously released all of the tickets at once... Croke = 80,000 people.

Actually I think fiasco of the first Vertigo pre-sale stopped that. Dublin 1 sold out during the pre-sale in 2005. Dublin 2 went on sale during the pre-sale.... So they obviously released all of the tickets at once... Croke = 80,000 people.

Hmm. I must admit I didn't really follow what was going on with Vertigo's pre-sale, I was probably stressing too much about getting tickets. As far as I've been able to tell, there are normally a certain number of tickets alloted for pre-sales. And often times there are many crappy tickets involved. But then again that is only going off my own experiences. And I assume it varies depending on the band/promoter/ticket-seller. Anyway, I just hope that everything goes smoothly for everyone!

So... they will obviously add at least one more Dublin date...

Will the pre-sale codes be applicable to that/those or are they good only for currently announced dates?

:wave: Amy, I'm in the same situation. I have never bought tix for a European show either.

So... they will obviously add at least one more Dublin date...

Will the pre-sale codes be applicable to that/those or are they good only for currently announced dates?

That is a question I have no clue about.... I guess if they added the 2nd show "during" the presale. If not, then I would think not...

We can only use the presale for 4 tix to 1 show in Europe. I would imagine that you could use the code for added on dates if you haven't used it yet

Where are you all getting info on more shows getting added for Dublin? Is that just a guess... i've got my hotel through Sunday - maybe i'll extend it.

The three date in Dublin 'rumour' is all over the place at the mo., and has been since before Christmas.
"U2 are reportedly set to play three huge concerts in Croke Park next year. "

Personally I'm working on the assumption of 24th, 25th and 27th... ...
also becoming anxious re tickets already.

The three date in Dublin 'rumour' is all over the place at the mo., and has been since before Christmas.
"U2 are reportedly set to play three huge concerts in Croke Park next year. "

Personally I'm working on the assumption of 24th, 25th and 27th... ...
also becoming anxious re tickets already.

thanks for the 411... and added stress :yikes:

j/k

i just booked my flights and car rental tonite.. OMG.. IT'S OFFICAL I'M GOING TO IRELAND!:hyper::faint::heart: Going with the spousal unit and doing a vacation before the shows.. Now I just have to get those U2 tix!!!!! :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom