July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know wheter I'll be in Dublin in July or not so with the tickets starting to get sold around 13th March, I fear that I will not be able to buy them at that time. There's also one another possibility that I'll go there just for a week around the time of the concert. But not having accomodation booked when buying tickets would be a bit risky. Or should I do it ?

Would it be difficult to find some relatively cheap accomodation 4, 5 days before the gigs?

I still don't know wheter I'll be in Dublin in July or not so with the tickets starting to get sold around 13th March, I fear that I will not be able to buy them at that time. There's also one another possibility that I'll go there just for a week around the time of the concert. But not having accomodation booked when buying tickets would be a bit risky. Or should I do it ?

Would it be difficult to find some relatively cheap accomodation 4, 5 days before the gigs?

I'm worried that I might not be able to get online when tickets go on sale, if it's the 14th or any time between 16th and 25th of March (bad timing, attending a wedding in Mexico!). But I'm going to do my darndest... I'm considering booking a hotel now, but I'm scared. *L*

I have no idea, but I'm guessing last-minute accommodation will be difficult to find, and maybe not cheap. Hostels might be your best bet...?

<-- has no idea what she's talking about

sorry, I wrote it a bit unclearly, I meant booking the accomodation now, for the time about 4, 5 days before the concerts are held. But the problem is that I'm arraging this stuff through friend who has friend in Dublin. I'm not in direct contact with that person. And it takes some time until he comes up with concrete things. So until I tell it to my friend and he tells to the one in Dublin, it'd be maybe too late.

Considering that U2 will most likely be returning to europe for another leg of the tour (probabaly Leg3), do expect them to visit Dublin for shows again, assuming they already do the 3 night stand during LEG1?

You have to look back to ZOOTV to find a tour that had 2 legs in europe. Interestingly enough , their first leg to europe in 92 did not feature any irish shows. Then on their return they played Cork and Dublin in 93. Do we know whether this planning means they skipped over ireland on their first eupoean leg becasue they already had plans to visit on the return trip?

Is anyone skipping Dublin on LEG1 of this year's tour, to risk holding out for a probable second set of shows on Leg 3 sometime in 2010?

No. In 1992, I think the simple fact of the matter was that they were playing arenas and Ireland at the time did not have a sufficiently large arena. The 1993 stadiums leg wasn't planned at the time anyway.

I'm now in serious consideration mode now :hmm:
I've taken off the last two weeks in July already and airline prices seem to keep dropping

The hotels I'm looking at right now are the Westin, Number 31, or the Morrision

I'll just be working 48-60 hour weeks to afford this until then

Anyone have suggestions on where to stay etc.?

I'm now in serious consideration mode now :hmm:
I've taken off the last two weeks in July already and airline prices seem to keep dropping

The hotels I'm looking at right now are the Westin, Number 31, or the Morrision

I'll just be working 48-60 hour weeks to afford this until then

Anyone have suggestions on where to stay etc.?

Try Trinity College. They rent rooms during the summer in the many dorms that they have vacant. I almost think you get breakfast too.

As soon as I see the Dublin dates, I will be booking.

Book hotels now. Just make sure you can cancel. I've got reservations at Jurys Croke Park from 7/23-7/28 for pretty cheap... 99-119 Euros...

shit, looks like I can say goodbye to Dublin gig:sad:, cos my stay there will be confirmed just sometimes in May...no way that my parents would allow me to pay so much money for the concert when there's a possibility that I could stay home...

Where and when did you get that rate? They raised it to 300 Euro several weeks ago.
I booked the 23rd-24th a couple of days ago direct with Jurys. I booked the 24th-28th through laterooms.com back at the end of February... I've also got a reservation with Jury's for 7/18-7/20 that I wil cancel went the tour dates get announced....

I confirmed the laterooms.com reservations directly with Jury's and they have them....

You can still get the 23rd for 99Euro or the 27th for 139Euro...

There seems to be a bunch of hotels in Dublin that are still relatively cheap for those dates. Just not Jurys Croke Park...

My actual dates are still up in the air as I'm making this into an Ireland vacation. The concert will either be at the end or the beginning. With 5-6 nights in Western Ireland, the rest in Dublin... Never been before...

I've got family in Dublin too (Uncle, mom grew up very close to St. Stephen's Green), but hate to impose on relative. Plus they live in south Dublin. Gonna see if I can get my Irish Passport before I go, though I won't need it would be nice to have...

assuming the dublin dates are officially announced on Monday, how soon are you folks booking flights/hotels? literally the morning of monday? do prices get raised that fast? i cant recall vertigo or elevation. OR do you wait till you actually get dublin concert tixs thru the pre-sale?

I'm not worried about getting tickets. I should be able to get at least one show via the presale. If I can only get one show, I will try to get more tickets than i need and then trade them for other dates. I am planning on seeing all three, but will be happy with two. I also think that there are companies last tour that were selling GA tickets, snacks, party, and a shuttle to the show. Basically, I figure once I land airfare and hotel, I can at least land tickets. I would really like to work something out with someone on here where I buy tickets to one show and they get another show...and just trade. Then again, it's not quite a u2-topian society.

Already stressin out over hotel/flight bookings! Croke Park is north of the city, but is transport around Dublin so difficult that I'd need a hotel near the stadium? I'm looking at hotels in "Temple Bar" and "City Center" districts...

This will be my 3rd time in the city, but I can never seem to remember the great hotels I've stayed in before...:doh:

I'm curious as well as to the sections we should be staying in as I am most certainly going to be making this trip for at least one, hopefully two of the tentative shows. That is, if I can even get tickets!

I got a hotel in Temple Bar. I just hope that the presale isn't on Wednesday when I have work 6am-2pm

It's called Temple Bar. I know someone who stayed there and said it was nice.

You definitely want to be ready to book hotels ASAP - in 2005 I think they all filled up very quickly (and the rates shoot up as well). If you can it's worth booking somewhere that either doesn't take a deposit or only wants a minimal amount to secure the room.

The hotels in Dublin are expensive. Just do the hostel thing....you're just sleeping and/or passing out in there anyways. I stayed at Avalon House both times I went...I got a private room a bath and it was dirt cheap. It was clean and had free breakfast....even though I was never able to drag myself out early enough after discovering Jemmie & Reds the nights before :drunk: . Close to Grafton Street and in walking distance to plenty of pubs. :up:
I would also reccomend a room at Oliver St John Gogarty....it's right next to Temple Bar and was my favorite pub in the Temple Bar District.

ETA: I know that Avalon House just requires a 10% deposit on reservation.

Gee...I think I just may be talking myself into another trip to Dublin.....

i am seriously considering dublin too.. and a vacation tacked onto that.. Probably do a week prior and work my way over to dublin. Let's see what we get tomorrow..

The hotels in Dublin are expensive. Just do the hostel thing....you're just sleeping and/or passing out in there anyways. I stayed at Avalon House both times I went...I got a private room a bath and it was dirt cheap. It was clean and had free breakfast....even though I was never able to drag myself out early enough after discovering Jemmie & Reds the nights before :drunk: . Close to Grafton Street and in walking distance to plenty of pubs. :up:
I would also reccomend a room at Oliver St John Gogarty....it's right next to Temple Bar and was my favorite pub in the Temple Bar District.

Gee...I think I just may be talking myself into another trip to Dublin.....

:hmm:

actually from what I saw the b&b's in the croke park area are reasonable.. (54 euro) which is 56 dollars a nite.. Someone mentioned stayin in the Clontarf, Dublin 3 area. Or Dublin 9 area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom