July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sucks about the rates. but that's what the hotels do when something big comes to town :down:

I expected the rates to be high for sure. I am expecting the rates for the Days Inn to be ridiculious. :huh: However, in that case, to be at a hotel that I can see from the GA line, it is worth it! The Radisson is just a bit too far away to pay that rate!

I checked the rates for the Radisson, and I was not impressed. If I can't get the convenience of having easy access to my hotel with my GA things, then there really isn't much point. I don't want to be walking 10 minutes to put my GA things away. If that is what it comes down to, I will stay further away, and drive to the stadium. At least that way I have my trunk to stash things in quickly. :wink: I will not be devastated if I am not up really close for this one.

I was just thinking...I think the Radisson may be closer than most of the parking for the stadium (or as close). There is a ton of parking on campus, but it is all over the place and not really right next to any one venue in particular.

Google maps needs to update the satellite photo of the area because TCF Stadium was built where a number of parking lots were.

The Days Inn is ideal, hopefully everyone gets in.

Geez , this is confusing! I agree, it would be nice if google actually showed that the stadium was there!:huh:

ETA: that's great DRay!!!

Geez , this is confusing! I agree, it would be nice if google actually showed that the stadium was there!:huh:

ETA: that's great DRay!!!

Even "Street View" was done while the stadium was under construction.

My aunt has a pass to park at the 4th Street Ramp for football games which is still little bit of a walk.

Just letting y'all know. I'll get over there again sometime in the next couple of months and analyze the parking situation.
But, it's not like a regular stadium, there is no/very little parking right next to it.

I looks like the Radisson and Days Inn are the same distance away just in different directions. I'm not familiar with the area though, so some insight would be good. The Days Inn is actually closer?

I looks like the Radisson and Days Inn are the same distance away just in different directions. I'm not familiar with the area though, so some insight would be good. The Days Inn is actually closer?

Yes, the Days Inn is much closer, especially to the GA gate.

University Ave. is hard to cross and the Alumni Center is a sizable building to walk around.

Check the photos on the Thread's first page.

glad i wasn't the only one to notice the stadium wasn't on google maps

was starting to think the stadium didn't exist since google is never wrong

I'd love to do Days Inn, but if it's going to be ridiculously expensive, I'll stick with the University Inn and just have a 20 minute walk.

When I reserved my rooms on the phone with them for the original date, the rooms were only about $90 a night.

I'm sure my family would help kick in to cover the cost, but I'd be staying over Friday night as well, so .... meh.

Just called the Days Inn and got on the waiting list :D

I love how I didn't even have to say the dates I needed. I just said I'm trying to book a room for July of next summer and I was told there was a waiting list for the dates I need, and the girl was like "Oh you need for the U2 weekend right??" :lol:
She said I should be getting a call in a few weeks when the dates open up.

Yay!!! :hyper: Thanks :hi5:

Val, worst case scenario, we get a hotel further out, and you can put your things in my trunk. We are driving there!:hug:
That's so sweet of you :hug:

I may have missed something in the last few pages, but has Days Inn not yet stated what the rates will be for that weekend?

No they haven't. They have a waiting list because the rates are not out for a couple of weeks. Since I can pull up Friday nights rate, I think that is "code" for " We don't know how much we are going to fleece you for that night yet!!!"

Okay, thanks for confirming! I could always find a cheaper hotel for Friday night and then do Days Inn for Saturday night, since I'll have my family chipping in. :hmm:

The rate for Friday is $129. I was booked there last time, and my total was $174 for both nights.:huh: I am sure it is going to be ridiculious!

I can see them having big conferences..."How much do you think we can squeeze out of these people? How desperate are they?"

:angry: :lol:

I can see them having big conferences..."How much do you think we can squeeze out of these people? How desperate are they?"

:angry: :lol:

I actually sat and listened to a training session for that once. I was at the Hilton Airport in Boston and found a quiet place in the conference area hallway to work on my laptop. The training session that was going on in the room close by was exactly that--quoting hotel rates based on demand and nearby hotel prices. It was interesting at first, then depressing and annoying, so I moved. Basically, they had trainees going through reservation scenarios and an instructor checking people and asking, "So why did you quote them that price? The Hyatt is quoting $219, so there is no reason to quote them less than $199." Etc., etc.

Supply and demand, I guess.

@kramwest...Wow, I was kind of making a joke, and they actually do that! :yikes: I guess I'm not surprised. Ha, for all we know, they're reading this thread to get a feel of how much we'll pay :ohmy:

Kidding about that one. At least I think I am :lol:

Book it!

It's time to book!!!!!!! I just booked the Days Inn from July 22 -24, 2011.
Whoohoo! AAA rate is $161.10/nt or best available for 2 double bed room is $179/nt. That seems to be a lot higher than before :sad: but at least it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom