July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this show is even a fraction of the fun Vertigo Hawaii was, it will be well worth it as a destination show.

I must admit, I've never thought of the Twin Cities as the site of a "destination" show. Course growing up here may have jaded my opinion a little bit.

BIG props to the move to Saturday night instead of Sunday night. I hate being a zombie at work...

I grabbed 4 seats with the new sale for friends that may be coming into town for this show, and I already have them from Ticketmaster--less than a week. Wow!

I really hope they consider a second show--maybe if the economy improves enough in the next six months.

Agreed :) (Also with kramwest's "Please let this be the closer"! Of course they'd have to ship everything along the Great Lakes to get it to the East Coast, but that's doable :wink:)

Maybe U2 can swing a deal to combine the 3 CLAWs into a super sweet new Vikings stadium. I'll get on that.

:wink:

Just checked the Days Inn website and it's allowing reservations up until July 16th of next year. One more week and that hotel website is gonna explode with reservations :lol:

Just a quick and kinda stupid question. I always book my hotels with Hotwire and with that website you always have to pay right away. I have to book the Days Inn the regular way. Do you have to pay right away when you make the reservation or can you wait to pay until next year when you check out?? :reject:
I know it sounds kinda dumb but I never book regular hotel reservations :wink:

:hug: You just book it the regular way, on the website, and you pay or charge it when you check out. Just don't get the prepay rate, if they offer one, in case you have to cancel!! :D I am too paranoid to use Hotwire!:reject:

With kids, I need the option to cancel. :crack: I have found ways to get cheaper hotels, usually by asking if they will pricematch Expedia. Sean is amazed at me sometimes!:lol:

Usually hotels will charge the first night's rate as a deposit immediately.

I never prepay a hotel because it is just to risky that your flight can be late, plans change, etc.

AAA (Auto Club) discounts have helped me save a lot. And, I always sign up for the frequent flyer/loyalty program/whatever, too, even if you don't use the hotel/airline/car rental very often. Many times they often airline miles, and even if you never get enough miles for a free flight, often you can use the miles to get magazine subscriptions or merchandise.

I almost never pay a deposit for a hotel, except for Vegas and Disney. :hmm:

I guess it depends on the hotel. I had the Days Inn booked last time, and there was no deposit!

:sigh:

I'm wishing I'd hung on to my GA's. This new date works much better, and Minneapolis would probably be the only other show (other than Chicago) I could pull off next year. I don't think I'll be going to Anaheim :sad:

I'm wishing I'd hung on to my GA's. This new date works much better, and Minneapolis would probably be the only other show (other than Chicago) I could pull off next year. I don't think I'll be going to Anaheim :sad:

:( about Anaheim...

You may want to check TM periodically on or after August 10th for another drop, Rich. I figured since that's the deadline date for people to return their tickets, they will do another drop of tickets after that date. You never know... :shrug:

I read on atU2 that there was one drop already! I keep checking back so I will pm you if anything comes up!:D

Well, I probably won't opt in unless I am officially out of Anaheim (though I pretty much am). And I can always try to trade if necessary. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom