July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a 7 hour drive away so seriously considering going to this show

Do it! It's 7 hours from my city (AND a border crossing) so I'm turning it into an epic pilgrammage/road trip for my sister. It's her first u2 concert and her first trip to the States.

I also plan to take the car to the stadium just so I can be That Person stuck in traffic blasting u2 on the stereo as loud as possible. :hyper:

Plenty of parking around campus, especially with many of the students gone for the summer.

I'll be driving the 10-15 minutes there from my house. (I should bike.)

Why does this show have to be two days before my birthday? :scream:

After camping out in Hawaii for 2 1/2 days, I said that I would never do the last show of the tour again.

I maybe in depending on what the additional cities are. ff they add an Ohio show, I'll do that one instead. It is easier for me to drive there than go half way across the country. There is also a possibility of another Boston show too.

Is the Days Inn you guys are talking about this one?

Days Inn Hotel on University - Minneapolis
2407 University Ave Se, Minneapolis, MN, 55414

I'm thinking of doing something crazy and adding this show to my small tour. I mean it is on the way home to San Diego from NY isn't it? :hmm:

Is the Days Inn you guys are talking about this one?

Days Inn Hotel on University - Minneapolis
2407 University Ave Se, Minneapolis, MN, 55414

I'm thinking of doing something crazy and adding this show to my small tour. I mean it is on the way home to San Diego from NY isn't it? :hmm:

That's the one!:D If you look back on the first page of the thread, Kramwest posted pics of it! I think most of us here are doing one or two crazy things with these new dates!:shifty:

Amy, you'll need a roomie. :shifty:

This is the only one my hubby is coming to! I need roomies for Montreal though!:shifty:

My hubby said "You can do Montreal and Toronto with your friends, but Minni is still ours :love:!"

He is good for carrying stuff back to the hotel though!! :lol:

I snagged a seat for this one. I've never been to Minneapolis before, so I'm planning to do some sightseeing. Sixteen years ago I could have ended up at University of Minnesota... but I chose Delaware instead. :D Would like to see the campus, and that mall that has a roller coaster in it. :shifty:

I snagged a seat for this one. I've never been to Minneapolis before, so I'm planning to do some sightseeing. Sixteen years ago I could have ended up at University of Minnesota... but I chose Delaware instead. :D Would like to see the campus, and that mall that has a roller coaster in it. :shifty:

Stay tuned. There will be plenty of advice for sightseeing and fun-doing.

I hate to break it to ya (haha), but there's more than one. :) I don't even know how many there are anymore, I haven't gone on the rides there in a few years.

I was just there in June. I think there are 4 or 5 really good roller coasters there. There is also this ride that drops you from super high up! I will be doing the Mall for sure, and the outlets in Albertville too!:hyper:

Downtown would probably be the best, unless you'd like to spend most of your free time at Mall of America, in which case there are a bunch of hotels there too (the mall is across the highway from the airport). I don't know anything about transport to the stadium though, sorry.

Downtown would probably be the best, unless you'd like to spend most of your free time at Mall of America, in which case there are a bunch of hotels there too (the mall is across the highway from the airport). I don't know anything about transport to the stadium though, sorry.

Yeah, it's pretty much driving to the stadium. A light rail line is being built through campus, but it won't be done for a few years. All the bus lines have changed since I used to take them, so I couldn't hope to recommend them.

If you don't want to stay on campus, either the mall or downtown Minneapolis is a good choice.

Uptown is good, too, and close to a lot of lakes, but I can't think of a hotel that's very close to it.

It's pretty easy to drive around the city. Rush hour generally only affects traffic across town and in/out of the suburbs.

Do it! It's 7 hours from my city (AND a border crossing) so I'm turning it into an epic pilgrammage/road trip for my sister. It's her first u2 concert and her first trip to the States.

I also plan to take the car to the stadium just so I can be That Person stuck in traffic blasting u2 on the stereo as loud as possible. :hyper:

I am in! Hell I went to Hawaii for the last show so certainly can't miss one that is much closer to me lol. Have plenty of time to find tickets for me and the hubby.

I am in! Hell I went to Hawaii for the last show so certainly can't miss one that is much closer to me lol. Have plenty of time to find tickets for me and the hubby.

If this show is even a fraction of the fun Vertigo Hawaii was, it will be well worth it as a destination show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom