July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking about going to the mall Saturday, so thanks cori for asking the traffic question :).

arw, I promise to try to be an entertaining passenger if we get stuck in traffic on Friday. And the dvd I promised is already packed, so I won't forget that :).

I was also thinking about going to the mall Saturday, so thanks cori for asking the traffic question :).

arw, I promise to try to be an entertaining passenger if we get stuck in traffic on Friday. And the dvd I promised is already packed, so I won't forget that :).

my car is a pile of crap so I'm going to borrow my mom's car before I pick you up. My front windows don't go down anymore and the a/c dies if I'm in traffic or at a complete stop when it's really hot out :happy: I ride in style :flirt: :scream:

But my mom's car will be great so if we're stuck in traffic it's all good. :)

and yay! Can't wait for the dvd. Going to try to copy it on Friday night so I can give it back to you right away.

new thread! and it's not even wednesday yet! :lol:

I wonder if UM is going to outsource their security to people who actually have handled events of this magnitude. That's what Vanderbilt did, I think. I chatted up one of the supervisors, and he patiently answered all our questions, even showed us the diagram of the stage and the floor and let us know where we're going to be entering, etc. So it's not like walking/running through a maze, not knowing the directions where you're going as you enter the stadium...

He told me he's working another gig the day after the U2 show, actually at the Motley Crue/Poison concert.

I thought Vandy security was GREAT! All that info they provided.

Twins play at 3:10 on Saturday because they are one of the Fox national broadcast games. Not that it matters, but Sunday's game is later too because of the Hall of Fame induction (yay Bert).

"Punching in the numbers at the TCF Machine" would have been my thread name suggestion - but you cannot go wrong with a Cori Creation!

new thread! and it's not even wednesday yet! :lol:

I wonder if UM is going to outsource their security to people who actually have handled events of this magnitude. That's what Vanderbilt did, I think. I chatted up one of the supervisors, and he patiently answered all our questions, even showed us the diagram of the stage and the floor and let us know where we're going to be entering, etc. So it's not like walking/running through a maze, not knowing the directions where you're going as you enter the stadium...

He told me he's working another gig the day after the U2 show, actually at the Motley Crue/Poison concert.

For in-stadium security, the U already farms it out to CSE Event Services.

Local newscasts are all over The Claw arising on the stadium floor. KSTP's news featured the U of M spokesman, Scott Ellison (name?), claiming that there will be free water for fans. We'll see if that works.

I was watching cbs (wcco), they showed a nice helicopter view of the Claw's imprint. XD Never seen it at that stage before--almost like a Lego base piece where the Claw would press into. Or something. :hyper:

:giggles:
:skips out of thread:

Attachments

• image-1264949043.jpg
    image-1264949043.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 47
I received an email from the head security guy at CSC for TCF Bank Stadium. Here's what he said:

Hi Matt and thanks for the email.

No one will permitted to line up any earlier than 0600am on Saturday, July 23rd so that means no camping will be permitted around the stadium!

We will have security staff and Univ. Police monitoring the line starting at 0600am on Saturday. Someone from Tour Security will give the first person in line a colored marker around 6am and that will be used for the numbering system. They have used this method at every show in North America this year and they have had limited issues. Regardless of what “pre-numbering” may be in place, if the number wrote on the hand of the guest is not in the “color of the day”, it will not be accepted to that place in line. We will make an announcement around 3:30pm to everyone in line to start taking things back to their vehicles if they want to keep them. Anything else will be discarded as trash. When we open the GA gate (approx.. 4:30pm), we will walk groups of 100 to the security check point for a screening procedure and ticket scan. We will continue to walk groups of 100 to this point until the GA line is cleared. I advanced this show in TN at Vanderbilt stadium and this is the same exact procedure they used there and worked great. We will try to give as much info to those of you in line as we can so you know what is going on and when, to create a positive experience for everyone involved.

Thanks and I hope this answers all of your questions.

RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom