July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, from what I heard this morning, the GA line has started and by 1 pm it was up to 20 people...

In Denver they started the GA line on Friday, the day before the show, and my buddy & I were 22, 23...

Ok, thanks! I am not lining up till saturday morning at the earliest, just freaking out a little reading about the line already... :huh:

I know a poster who got into line in Chicago in the morning, day of show. I think she and her husband had numbers over 200 - they were on the back rail of the pit. :up:

BTW if anyone wants to spot me in line, I'll be wearing my Vertigo 2005 shirt that I got at the Minneapolis show in 2005 :wave:

Well whoever this guy is that is "running" the list is tweeting (among others) that they are the "GA police" and that they are lining up at University and Oak

Leaning Tower 6pm onward Friday July 22 get-together list:
(copy and add yourself)

kramwest1 (Mark and Heather)
ryancoke71(Amy and Sean)
Zoney! (zonelistener) and Schmeg (Jeff and Megan)
corianderstem (Alicia) (maybe with 2 or 3 more, but maybe not)
KristenCaNaDiAn (Kristen)
kellyahern (Kelly)
ARW (Amanda)
Bono_212 (Ashley) and LemonMelon (Travis) tentatively
secretly alone (Val) + 1
bonocomet (Cathleen)
Bono Mot (Susi) and jayesbaby (Debbie)
vjacqb (Alma) and cjreeds (Connie)
GopherMacPhisto (Paul)
rosephile (Sara) probably +1-2
Edgefest + entourage of 6
I Move in Mysterious Ways (Rich) + 1
heartisabloom (Sarah) + 1

I think this is still up to date.

So what has happened in the past when people start a line this early? Does security let it hold up?

I want to say the only time that venue security has not honored a fan line (at least to some extent) was the Rose Bowl, and that was one of the worst GA experiences of the whole tour, from what I've heard.

But security people at each venue say "we're not honoring a fan line" in every city, and usually they end up doing it, whether it's a co-mingling of lines and renumbering everyone (from what I've heard, that works well when they do that), or whatever.

Try not to worry about it too much. It's annoying, but it won't prevent you from getting a great spot. :)

Leaning Tower 6pm onward Friday July 22 get-together list:
(copy and add yourself)

kramwest1 (Mark and Heather)
ryancoke71(Amy and Sean)
Zoney! (zonelistener) and Schmeg (Jeff and Megan)
corianderstem (Alicia) (maybe with 2 or 3 more, but maybe not)
KristenCaNaDiAn (Kristen)
kellyahern (Kelly)
ARW (Amanda)
Bono_212 (Ashley) and LemonMelon (Travis) tentatively
secretly alone (Val) + 1
bonocomet (Cathleen)
Bono Mot (Susi) and jayesbaby (Debbie)
vjacqb (Alma) and cjreeds (Connie)
GopherMacPhisto (Paul)
rosephile (Sara) probably +1-2
Edgefest + entourage of 6
I Move in Mysterious Ways (Rich) + 1
heartisabloom (Sarah) + 1

I think this is still up to date.

Ashley and Travis (Bono_212 & LemonMelon) can't make it to Minneapolis. :(

I'm going to make some effort not to be online tonight. So in case I actually can hold to that .... see you all tomorrow and/or Saturday! :wave:

I just made myself a backstage pass.
Make one for me too. In crayon. With a decagon shape. and use Homer Simpson's picture on it.

I'm going to make some effort not to be online tonight. So in case I actually can hold to that .... see you all tomorrow and/or Saturday! :wave:
oh gosh I'm gonna see you again tomorrow after a month!!! Yay!! safe travels!

Let him wait 'til Christmas on University and Oak. When 6:00 Saturday morning comes, and he's the only one out there, he'll realize that he's been had.

Okay, I still haven't read this page, but here's what just happened.

I went to the stadium and checked in. #55.

The guy running the line is named CHRIS, not Nick. Chris seems kiiiinda an ass. Chris started the line at noon yesterday, then at night, went to his room at the Radisson to sleep. Leaving no one to check people in. He is planning on doing the same tonight, though he said this time he might leave a note in a camp chair.

Since the stadium is allowing people to come officially at 6am, the check in is at 4am Saturday. Chris seemed to reaffirm that security is cool with him and what he's doing, in case anyone still has doubts that this line is officially allowed.

I'm pretty pissed off.

Okay, I still haven't read this page, but here's what just happened.

I went to the stadium and checked in. #55.

The guy running the line is named CHRIS, not Nick. Chris seems kiiiinda an ass. Chris started the line at noon yesterday, then at night, went to his room at the Radisson to sleep. Leaving no one to check people in. He is planning on doing the same tonight, though he said this time he might leave a note in a camp chair.

Since the stadium is allowing people to come officially at 6am, the check in is at 4am Saturday. Chris seemed to reaffirm that security is cool with him and what he's doing, in case anyone still has doubts that this line is officially allowed.

I'm pretty pissed off.

That is absolutely garbage - if you're not there the whole time(but conveniently and arbitrarily decide that you were first) it's nothing more than a self-serving show. Who is to say someone couldn't have started the same charade last weekend - stay a few hours each day and then go back to your comfy hotel? I encourage anyone there by 6am Sat to ignore these so called part-time 'lines'

omg, someone should call TCF Bank stadium tomorrow morning (when they open for the day).

To quote zooropa, "what. the. fuck.". How can someone start a list on Wed for a Sat show?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom