July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to rant online about U2 GA lines. They make me feel better and makes my stress go away.

Then I laugh at myself. Ha ha! Tra la la! Everything is fiiiiiiiiiine!

your rant is making me laugh a bit....because you have seats and don't need to stress about the line! :flirt: But I like that you stand up for your fellow blue crackers who do have GA's. :)

I'm completely numb to anything right now. I just need it to be Sat already!!!

Summit EPA is the best. Well Summit anything is the best. I'm madly in love with Summit Winter :love: So good! I want to tour the brewery this summer. I about died and went to heaven at the Guinness brewery in Dublin so I can imagine this will be close the same experience. :drool:

I went on a beer tour in Belgium this spring. Rochefort Trappiste 10 and Cantillon Gueuze are my current favorites. Kinda digging the sour beers. But summertime is kriek time and I am going to have a couple tonight. I like lots of beers....and IPAs are awesome in the summer too. I bought this IPA from a brewery in CA called Laguntas and it rocked! I go to Four Firkins for my stash :drool:

:lol: Believe me, I know how ridiculous I am. I can get very righteously indignant about shit that doesn't even concern me. It usually happens by the end of the tour. :wink:

I am rolling late for my stress relief. And I am getting shit-hammered tomorrow night, which helps. I'll be wearing my orange Bulldog Amsterdam t-shirt to the show. Stop and say hi...I don't bite.

I went on a beer tour in Belgium this spring. Rochefort Trappiste 10 and Cantillon Gueuze are my current favorites. Kinda digging the sour beers. But summertime is kriek time and I am going to have a couple tonight. I like lots of beers....and IPAs are awesome in the summer too. I bought this IPA from a brewery in CA called Laguntas and it rocked! I go to Four Firkins for my stash :drool:

My brother talks about Four Firkins all the time! I'm just happy as can be that my tiny little corner liquor store sells Summit in a 6 pack.

I am rolling late for my stress relief. And I am getting shit-hammered tomorrow night, which helps. I'll be wearing my orange Bulldog Amsterdam t-shirt to the show. Stop and say hi...I don't bite.

Are you going to the get-together tomorrow night?

(I didn't want to assume that's where you were going to be getting shit-hammered. :wink: )

:up: Me too :D

Boarding pass printed, almost completely packed, and no GA stress to worry about.

But part of me wants to just walk around on Sunday with the #25 written on my hand in black marker just to see what kind of looks I get :reject:

Starting a list 3 days before, ridiculous!

I will see you in exactly 24 hours from now! :D

Are you going to the get-together tomorrow night?

(I didn't want to assume that's where you were going to be getting shit-hammered. :wink: )

I can't. We have some friends flying in for a 40th B-day party.....and the gift is the show Saturday night. So we are going out for drinks down by their hotel which I think is downtown. And her hubby...well...last time we were together we ended up at a KISS concert somehow and nobody remembers how. So I am prepping my liver. How long will you guys be out?

I'm sure there will be people there until pretty late; some might leave so they can get up early to get in line.

I'm sure there will be people there until pretty late; some might leave so they can get up early to get in line.

Depending on how late we are out we might make it over. But I doubt it, as we are having a bbq until 3PM Saturday. So if you are hungry Saturday and don't mind losing your spot in line stop on over.

The Claw rises!

img20110721134207.jpg

Now to some of the other matters:

I left the Chicago gathering about a quarter after 11, and some of the folks there had no intention on slowing down anytime soon. I'm sure someone will be there until bar close. I myself have to leave between 9 and 9:30 PM to get to where I have to be during the day Saturday.

Starting the line now is bullshit. It would be a hoot to find that the person maintaining the "line" when it's raining sideways at 3 AM Saturday morning has retreated to the confines of his lodgings (or shooed off by UMPD), comes back to find the crowd already there. When he screams " I was first!" UMPD will simply brush him off and send him to the back. Oh well.

Starting the line now is bullshit. It would be a hoot to find that the person maintaining the "line" when it's raining sideways at 3 AM Saturday morning has retreated to the confines of his lodgings (or shooed off by UMPD), comes back to find the crowd already there. When he screams " I was first!" UMPD will simply brush him off and send him to the back. Oh well.

I plan on shaving the side of my head, foaming at the mouth and wearing a sandwich board that says "I WAS FIRST." We'll see how that works out.

No 1: I am so excited now for this show, rain or heat or whatever.... :applaud:

But: I am stressed out to see the line has started already?!?! Please reassure me that if we get there tomorrow around 6 (the earliest possible we can) that we still have a chance? I know it should be fine, really do not want to line up before 6am on saturday.
I am more then willing to wait that long but now? that is crazy....

Tomorrow, as in Friday? Shit, you could show up at 6 a.m. on the day of the show and still have a great spot. It seems that the number of U2 fans that are crazy with getting in the line days in advance is pretty small. So while it's up to 50 now ... I can't imagine it's going to get a lot higher between now and Saturday morning.

I think there have been a few shows that have been exceptions to that, but 6:00 tomorrow morning? You'll be more than fine. And possibly a little crazy. :wink:

All three? No.

I was skeptical of them playing all three last night. :wink:

Sounds like either:

a) it got to be too late

b) heat was finally too overwhelming for Bono

c) (and someone said they got this info from someone who works with the band) they never intended on playing all three, they were just going to wing one of them when they got done with MOS and figured out which one they felt like playing

All that being said, if they played any of those, it would be amazeballs.

I think there have been a few shows that have been exceptions to that, but 6:00 tomorrow morning? You'll be more than fine. And possibly a little crazy. :wink:

First, thanks for the reply.I meant 6pm tomorrow as we are staying at the Day's inn Fri & Sat.

We will scope it out tomorrow night, no way I am staying out all night but will there be 100's of people lined up at 6am sat? This is our first GA (and most likely last :wink:)

I know I am being unreasonable but just want to make it in the pit once...

Seriously, you could get in line Saturday afternoon and get into the pit.

If you get in line tomorrow evening, you will DEFINITELY get into the pit, and probably be in the second row, or second row along the back. If not on the rail. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom