July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm officially coming to the Twin Cities!:wave:

Gotta round out my 360 not with a fizzle...but with a bang!:hyper:

Ok, I finally letting myself get excited about this show after the delay last summer....Can not wait but first it is Chi town for me....:hyper:

That's an excellent title; you made me laugh out loud! I will be there; I have GA tickets but so far am on my own :sad:

That's an excellent title; you made me laugh out loud! I will be there; I have GA tickets but so far am on my own :sad:

I'd much rather go alone or with people from here. I'm going with a friend who is not a fan and she doesn't seem too pleased with the idea of waiting in line for hours and then being smashed up against people once we're in. Only my fellow blue crackers understand the GA experience. She asked if she could go with me way back when the tickets first went on sale and since I had 2 U2.com codes left I said I'd pick her up a GA to go with me. Her response was "can't we get seats to sit?!?!" and "it starts at 9, can't we get there at like 8?" So yeah. Not really sure how she's going to handle the day with me so be lucky that you're going alone! You'll meet tons of people in line. The people from this site will be in the first group of the line! This is my hometown show so I was going to go by myself until she asked me. I brought my mom to a Vertigo show and while she loved it, she said once was enough for her. No one else I know would be into the whole GA day either so going alone to this show was a very appealing idea to me until my friend said she wanted to go.

Anybody have hotel space for a 24 year old female? I may add this show, but I need a roommate to be able to afford it.

Alas, my room is already full of 4 people. I hope you can make it - if we pester you enough, will you come to the gathering and hang out with us? :)

Well, Hertz at the airport has really jacked up their car price for that weekend :angry:
3 weekend days for an economy car for $100+? and that's after the AAA discount and coupon! I got a better car in LA for half the price. What other transportation options do we have to get from the airport to the Days Inn?

Well, Hertz at the airport has really jacked up their car price for that weekend :angry:
3 weekend days for an economy car for $100+? and that's after the AAA discount and coupon! I got a better car in LA for half the price. What other transportation options do we have to get from the airport to the Days Inn?

I just took a cab home from MSP from the Anaheim shows. It cost me $29 (tip included, lots of luggage though), and I'm close to the airport--maybe a 3rd of the way to the U of M.

They give you a passenger rights brochure in the taxi line, and it estimated the far side of downtown Mpls. at $47 (roughly the Days Inn distance). That is for however many can fit in a cab though, so easy to split, and many of our cabs are minivans--so 4 people easy.

(We screw people on rental car rates here because Pawlenty wouldn't raise taxes on Minnesotans. Visitors sure. :silent: Oops, I'll save that for Free Your Mind threads. :wink: )

(We screw people on rental car rates here because Pawlenty wouldn't raise taxes on Minnesotans. Visitors sure. :silent: Oops, I'll save that for Free Your Mind threads. :wink: )

I hate Pawlenty :happy: My dad calls Hwy 169 the Tim Pawlenty Expressway because the potholes were so bad over the winter and he did nothing in recent years to fix anything. Especially the off ramps in the Plymouth area.

:shifty: anyways.....

one month and one day to go. :hyper: It's been far too long since I've seen U2 live. I can't wait!

I hate Pawlenty :happy: My dad calls Hwy 169 the Tim Pawlenty Expressway because the potholes were so bad over the winter and he did nothing in recent years to fix anything. Especially the off ramps in the Plymouth area.

:shifty: anyways.....

one month and one day to go. :hyper: It's been far too long since I've seen U2 live. I can't wait!

Have you seen the monster new overpass they are building in Eagan?
They didn't need it, but hmm :hmm:, some governor we had was from Eagan, wasn't he?

Have you seen the monster new overpass they are building in Eagan?
They didn't need it, but hmm :hmm:, some governor we had was from Eagan, wasn't he?

No, I don't go to Eagan ever...well I went to culinary school near Eagan but haven't been back since.

:reject: Are you talking about Pawlenty because I have no clue where any of them are from. But from what I remember, that area of town didn't seem like it needed any sort of gigantic expansion to the highways system. Let's work on 94. So happy I don't have to go to either of the downtowns anymore.

No, I don't go to Eagan ever...well I went to culinary school near Eagan but haven't been back since.

:reject: Are you talking about Pawlenty because I have no clue where any of them are from. But from what I remember, that area of town didn't seem like it needed any sort of gigantic expansion to the highways system. Let's work on 94. So happy I don't have to go to either of the downtowns anymore.

Yeah, I cannot stand Pawlenty. He got his and likes to tout his blue collar upbringing in South Saint Paul, but as soon as he had his (good public education, good roads, clean lakes to fish in, and park and rec funded ice skating warming houses, etc.), it was screw everyone else and move to Eagan time (a nondescript suburb).

Sorry to all of the non-Minnesotans here, but we will be cleaning up after this man for decades here in the state. He was state House Majority Leader for 2 terms and Governor for 8 years. Ugh.

Sounds like my parents will be coming to town on Friday, so I'll probably just arrange to have them pick me up from the airport. Whoot, whoot.

May have room for another person, if you're coming in around the same time and headed to the hotels by the university. :)

kitkat234 - is your avatar from the Mpls Target show a few years back - when Bono came out to talk to fans?

No, it was in Milwaukee but the same tour, edge & bono came out in the rain and shook hands... :) Mine included Was at the minneapolis show but got caught in traffic so missed them coming out.... :sad:

Sounds like my parents will be coming to town on Friday, so I'll probably just arrange to have them pick me up from the airport. Whoot, whoot.

May have room for another person, if you're coming in around the same time and headed to the hotels by the university. :)
would love to bum a ride off of your parents, but I think I'm arriving a few hours earlier than you are.

I'm supposed to get in around 2. What time is your flight?

If you end up not finding another ride and have nothing to do but kill time at the airport, you can still have a ride. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom