July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, we'd be driving. :)

Thanks. We'll just play it by ear.

Not to discourage you from spending money in our pathetic state, but the MOA can be busy before games, too, as fans shop beforehand or leave the wives there during.

It's hilarious to be at the MOA after a Vikings games ends. It's like a Viking ship pulled up and the Purple raiders are pillaging the mall. :lol:
Seems like thousands of them.

I don't mind if it's crowded. It's just the most obvious place we can go to kill some time. I think we'll want to go back and rest a bit at the hotel before beginning our Grand U2 Adventure, so maybe we can go there for a light early lunch, hang there, come back early, do early dinner and head to the stadium.

I'm going to push for going to the stadium on the early side, just in case the event staff are overwhelmed and bag searches/ticket scanning is taking forever.

Elevation Chicago they came out and greeted the people waiting a little--got pictures but no autographs.
I wouldn't put it past TCF security to be dicks about this though. I don't know if there are plans to stalk them anywhere else. :wink:

Ha, I know - it varies by venue. In Boston during the Vertigo Tour, there were a couple rent-a-cops telling us that we couldn't stand on the sidewalk near the access ramp because it was "private property" . . . so we stood in the road instead :lol:

Edge stopped by around 5-ish and Bono a short time after. Both signed autographs for a while. The crowd was fairly small, however, as there had been rainy weather all day.

July 23, 2011 Minneapolis, MN TCF Stadium III:

"Daddy's Gonna Pay The Overdraft Fees On The Claw"

"No Relief On The Horizon"

"I'll Be Up With The Temperature, I'm Not Coming Down"

"You've Been Stealing from TCF Bank and Got Caught"

Anyone?

Thanks for the pic of the claw :applaud::applaud:

The two times I met them, Milwaukee Vertigo tour & Chicago this year we had no problems at all and well worth standing out in the heat in Chicago.. :hyper: I think Bono was tanked in Chicago so he did not come out

Thanks for the pic of the claw :applaud::applaud:

The two times I met them, Milwaukee Vertigo tour & Chicago this year we had no problems at all and well worth standing out in the heat in Chicago.. :hyper: I think Bono was tanked in Chicago so he did not come out

Yep, my sister met them again in Milwaukee a couple months after Boston (I wasn't able to make that one). She ended up getting really up close and personal during WOWY :D

Yep, my sister met them again in Milwaukee a couple months after Boston (I wasn't able to make that one). She ended up getting really up close and personal during WOWY :D

Stood in the rain for 2 hours waiting but when I knew they were coming out, I could have fainted, so cool of them.. Thinking about trying here but do not know if I can leave the line for long but some guy in Chicago said his wife was holding his spot so maybe... My signed NLOTH CD is going into a U2 shrine, as in a shadow box along with the pics of them and all my ticket stubs...

My signed NLOTH CD is going into a U2 shrine, as in a shadow box along with the pics of them and all my ticket stubs...

Ha, that's what I did too! I got a Best of 90-2000 CD booklet signed by Bono and had a shadowbox done with photos from the Boston shows and my ticket stubs :)

Ha, that's what I did too! I got a Best of 90-2000 CD booklet signed by Bono and had a shadowbox done with photos from the Boston shows and my ticket stubs :)

Great minds think alike... :sexywink: I got some great shots of them from both times along with some video this time. Some guy by us got the JT album signed along with another guy had a U2 license plate signed.I am bringing my Boy Album just in case....

Technically my sister (who was more agressive than me) got it . . .

DinameetsBono.jpg

Great shot!!!

f006a672.jpg

bb617266.jpg

See my avatar for this years, edge looks a little older but still a looker....:)

:) I actually didn't take the photo - we ended up finding tons of pics on the internet, despite the relatively small crowd.

LOL, I should bring her to Minneapolis too. She's like good luck or something. She ended up doing even better in Milwaukee . . . .

:wink:

MilwaukeeShow075.jpg

my avatar is from bumping into Edge as he was walking out of his hotel on an off day in Chicago in May 2005. But I've been lucky enough to see Edge and/or Bono every show but Dublin and one other one. The one in Milwaukee was totally awesome because it was pouring rain and no one thought they would get out. Both Bono and Edge got out and signed. I have a picture...well the one of my avatar which includes me standing next to Edge...that I would like to get signed. But really no big deal. I have a shirt, my JT booklet, and a few photos already signed. It's just a fun experience to see them up close before the show.

Yes, it is!! Was easier to wait in Milwaukee, at least it was cool rain! Love your avatar, those eyes of his....:heart::heart::heart:

LOL, I should bring her to Minneapolis too. She's like good luck or something. She ended up doing even better in Milwaukee . . . .

Lucky girl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom